Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smartphone auto-suggests an unknown mobile number

• 11-06-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title,

I have an android phone. When I am using the Banking 365 app, and the initial security question requests the last four digits of my mobile number, my smartphone auto-suggests a third party’s 083 xxx xxxx number. The number is not even in my contacts list?

Is this an attempted security breach?

I have to be honest - my phone has been doing this for quite some time and I have not taken any action in relation to it, so I have been quite tardy in that regard.

How did it get there? I certainly do not recall anyone ever using my phone before.

I guess the best thing to do would be to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. But, how did it even get there?

I haven’t seen any strange activity on my bank account, so I assume there is a rational and non-dodgy reason why.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its probably that the 083 number is the original sim number. If you ported your number the 083X is now inactive. Same on my phone when I go to settings, it tells me the phone number is 083* whereas my number is 086+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Ah, that makes sense.

End of thread, sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just see if it corresponds in the settings:

Settings > about phone > phone number

Advertisement