Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syn-oxide red paint!

• 11-06-2020 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi all quick question for the group.
    I'm currently stripping an old go kart of its red power coated paint ... I plan on stripping it to bare metal.. I do plan on priming first but my question is about the syn -oxcide red paint that pops has in the shed ! Over a good primer would it be a good durable paint to take a few years of use?? Would it be a good choice our a can of spray?? The fact that there is almost a full can of oxide in the shed I'd like to use it up but if it's not suitable il leave it..
    Any advice welcome ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

My experience of oxide paint is that it will take a long time to harden. It was very soft and easy to scratch off for ages.

If it's old it will probably take even longer.

Eventually it will be perfect but you may not be willing to wait that long to use the go kart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭john jameson

blackbox wrote: »
    My experience of oxide paint is that it will take a long time to harden. It was very soft and easy to scratch off for ages.

If it's old it will probably take even longer.

Eventually it will be perfect but you may not be willing to wait that long to use the go kart.
    Hi blackbox and thanks for reply. As long as it's as good as any spray can or paint I dont mind waiting till it cures I can be at other jobs while it cures I'm assuming a week or two would be enough for it to full harden??

Advertisement