Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Data plan without fair usage constraint

Options
  • 11-06-2020 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Is there Sim only unlimited data plan that isnt subject to a fair usage constraint?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks as I got a Tesco mobile sim only for my dad, who is hospital with no visitors & using an ipad, and I got screwed on the overrun charges.

I need a Sim card that is fully unlimited - is there any that someone could recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

The Three pay as you go option would be unlimited. They used to say 60gb, but never seemed to enforce it. Now with Covid they've announced that it really is unlimited

I was just on chat to Three and they told me it had a fair usage policy!
    I might ring them in the morning though

Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was just on chat to Three and they told me it had a fair usage policy!
    I might ring them in the morning though

Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated
    It’s not really a proper fair usage policy. They say tethering mightn’t be allowed etc.

Get the all you can eat data, on top up, therefore no excess charges, bills etc. €20 top up I think.

I had it for a few months while I was waiting on fixed line connection, used tons of data on smart tv, iPad etc etc and no issues at all.

60gb is fair use and even at that they just say they have the right to limit your usage.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s not really a proper fair usage policy.

Get the all you can eat data, on top up, therefore no excess charges, bills etc. €20 top up I think.

I had it for a few months while I was waiting on fixed line connection, used tons of data on smart tv, iPad etc etc and no issues at all.

Thanks Colm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s not really a proper fair usage policy.

Get the all you can eat data, on top up, therefore no excess charges etc. €20 top up I think.

Ya 3 on the 20e one has no fair usage
    It was set at 750 gigs which you would never use. I know someone who uses one of these in there router as the home internet for Netflix etc for over a year and no issue

It was set at 750 gigs which you would never use. I know someone who uses one of these in there router as the home internet for Netflix etc for over a year and no issue

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s 60gb on top up but never heard of it being enforced

All You Can Eat Data service is for ROI use only. Three reserves the right to restrict service where your usage exceeds 60GB in a billing cycle and other users are adversely affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Been using thee for a few months ,you might be surprised that people can and do blow through the 750gb in a month especially in a family setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Vodafone X. €20 top up every 4 weeks. Limited to 10mb/s but no fair usage cap. Other stuff included also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Gatling wrote: »
    Been using thee for a few months ,you might be surprised that people can and do blow through the 750gb in a month especially in a family setting

Yea, you can easily blow through 750GB nowadays.

I downloaded:

816GB in June
    864GB in May
    761GB in April
    And so on...

I average out probably around 850GB a month. I do use Dropbox a lot. The rest must be YouTube, Streamable and other media sites. YouTube takes A LOT of data though. It starts with "just this one one 5 minute video" and then it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If he's doesn't need SMS text verifications, Virgin have a good offer on at the moment.
    €5 for 5 months and then €25 after that, you then decide what to do after the 5 months are up.
    That gets you totally unlimited Data with no cap all at normal speeds, unlimited calls and texts, I hit 110GB last month and no problems after it went over 80GB.
    Website might still say 80GB but they haven't updated it yet for some reason.

Advertisement