Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo says the Civil Service is 'very white'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Which party will protect us?

I don’t know, none of the opposition are exactly shining bastions of outstanding talent. However none are proposing the type of anti democratic hoodwinking crap that we are seeing with Leo. The political landscape is thoroughly depressing. It might just need to be a rainbow situation with two or three groups with their hands on the tiller, keeping things straight, fair and going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I asked that question earlier in this thread, and didn't get an answer.

Most of this discussion seems to be dismissive of the idea that this ethnic replacement could ever happen.

But what's to stop it? Which party would dare oppose it now, and represent the interests that have been expressed here?

I think you may have taken my question literally. It would be a cold day in Hell before I'd vote for the The Freedom Party or their ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Strumms wrote: »
    I don’t know, none of the opposition are exactly shining bastions of outstanding talent. However none are proposing the type of anti democratic hoodwinking crap that we are seeing with Leo. The political landscape is thoroughly depressing. It might just need to be a rainbow situation with two or three groups with their hands on the tiller, keeping things straight, fair and going in the right direction.

I feel bad now. As it happens, personally, I think the coalition that's about to be formed isn't the worst. Would prefer more of a Green influence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Nutjob, I do love the way these politicians from other countries make these decisions for us.. Sarkozy "the Irish must vote again!" etc.

Nigel Farage said it best when he said the EU would fail to become a member of the EU because of its failure to protect democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nutjob, I do love the way these politicians from other countries make these decisions for us.. Sarkozy "the Irish must vote again!" etc.
    Today's version of Sarkozy isn't fairing well, his main ever-strong opposition will be a very outspoken nationalist party in 2022. Market odds for 1st Round voting share is Macron just 25%.

France burned much their PPE pre-covid, doh! The big flu itself didn't help the European project, a (Euronews: Redfield & Wilton Strategies) poll of 1,500 in May showed:

61% of Italians said the coronavirus pandemic had weakened the case for the existence of the European Union, with 47% of French and 40% Germans expressing the same view.

A majority of respondents in all three nations also agreed that the EU had not done enough to help their respective countries battle against the spread of the virus.

According to the Euronews poll, almost half of France disapproved of Mr Macron's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, with 49 percent disapprove and just 27 percent approving.

France are also in the top 3 market for next to leave the EU (with Italy and Greece).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Nigel Farage said it best when he said the EU would fail to become a member of the EU because of its failure to protect democracy.

Another wise man once said "if the EU had its way it would vote the people out!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭enricoh

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Dublin is too expensive to live in because there is a housing crisis, there is a housing crisis because of government policy on housing, not penalising dereliction and they aren't building enough social housing. Immigration is a red herring here. If you are struggling to make your rent then I'm sorry you are hurting but blaming the polish family down the street is not the correct target for your anger.

Immigration is a red herring with the housing crisis? How many immigrants have arrived to Ireland in the last 5 years say? 35k extra came in 2018, according to the cso. And that doesn't put a strain on housing stock you say? Em, ok!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/more-irish-emigrants-leaving-the-country-than-returning-again-1.3998770%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Another wise man once said "if the EU had its way it would vote the people out!"

That's pretty much what they're attempting to do with this migration "crisis".

As Ann Coulter once said "The Democrats didn't change the voters minds. They just changed the voters." this is pretty much what the EU and the leftist parties of Europe are looking to do as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How will we be able to afford all they want to bring in?

We are absolutely screwed for years to come thanks to the inaction to covid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

enricoh wrote: »
    Immigration is a red herring with the housing crisis? How many immigrants have arrived to Ireland in the last 5 years say? 35k extra came in 2018, according to the cso. And that doesn't put a strain on housing stock you say? Em, ok!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/more-irish-emigrants-leaving-the-country-than-returning-again-1.3998770%3fmode=amp

Why don't stakeholders who openly criticise the government such as Fr Peter McVerry of the Peter McVerry Trust homeless charity never accuse migrants of causing or exacerbating homelessness in Ireland. You'd think he would have mentioned it by now.

Many mortgages are teetering in arrears. The flaw in the system is that the governments plan to tackle homelessness ‘rebuilding Ireland’ relies on the private sector. These companies aren’t interested in building accommodation for low income families, these families are then forced into the higher priced private rental sector where they are at risk of being evicted due to increasing rents or landlords who want to sell. Social housing needs to be built. There is enough land to build on but the governments ideology favours the private sector and local authorities don’t want to approve social housing as the locals will complain about council flats near them and the county counsellors are afraid that they won’t be elected if they go against the people. Majority who are being made homeless are coming from the private rental sector. Solution : the government has to force through plans for social housing, tax empty houses or if no response from landlord compulsory re purchase orders. This can be fixed by the government. Immigrants are not the problem, besides we need extra workers to work in hospitals, supermarkets etc., do what are classed as 'essential' jobs during this crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

More fake news.

da_miser wrote: »
    If its fake news very easy for the government to make a statement that its not true, "We are not going to bring in 1,000,000 immigrants from BAME countries to Ireland".
    Where is this statement?

They don't need to release a statement to appease people who believe this nonsense.

Thankfully they are in the minority who believe water metres give you cancer and 5G caused coronavirus.

What's even funnier is Ireland has took in 2,000 Syrian refugees despite promising 20,000 and more.

But yeah 1million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I asked that question earlier in this thread, and didn't get an answer.

Most of this discussion seems to be dismissive of the idea that this ethnic replacement could ever happen.

But what's to stop it? Which party would dare oppose it now, and represent the interests that have been expressed here?

Sinn Fein would I suppose?

I know they jump on the band wagon about such social issues but we all know that if they ever did come into power here that half of us would be in concentration camps so who what they'd do to foreigners?

EDIT: Sorry I mean to type "foreigners"

:P

Fake News? It's written in black and white in the Ireland 2040 document. In which it stated that it will increase the population by 1 million by 2040 and (direct quote):

"Given the demographic structure of Ireland and fertility and mortality trends, faster population growth would require higher international net immigration into Ireland. This would only arise if Ireland were sufficiently attractive economically and if migrants could find accommodation at affordable prices.

This implies that the average age across the population will increase more rapidly than has been the case and that unless immigration increases, overall population growth will slow."

Source:https://www.esri.ie/pubs/RS70.pdf

So no, it's completely factually accurate, you just want to play down the reality that the globalists will do to Ireland what they have already done to Germany and Sweden.

When I click your link its blue and I don't see anything you quoted.

I also don't see anything in your quote about Leo wanting to bring in 1 million immigrants by 2040.

But I'll be patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

More pressing and sudden wil be the 100,000 sudden job losses via the brexitious Jan 1st 2021. Both sides are playing hard ball, and the chance of any extension has now just been extinguished.

Skilled EU folks from Poland, Germany, France and so on would still be of great benefit, even with brexit/covid impacting.

However non-eu economic migrants are much harder to establish regarding skills, languages, certifiable education, verifiable work experience and so on.

More fake news.

What that we aren't crippled?

We are going into a depression

More pressing and sudden wil be the 100,000 sudden job losses via the brexitious Jan 1st 2021. Both sides are playing hard ball, and the chance of any extension has now just been extinguished.

Skilled EU folks from Poland, Germany, France and so on would still be of great benefit, even with brexit/covid impacting.

However non-eu economic migrants are much harder to establish regarding skills, languages, certifiable education, verifiable work experience and so on.

Yes we are going to be in serious trouble as many other states.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Strumms wrote: »
    Wherever Leo is, he’ll be in a house on a hill, with Garda protecting him for the rest of his days.. .

No he won't. That provision was abolished a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

As of 2019 it was still in place, their Garda drivers however were removed.

Wasn't aware of that, so they won't have the best security services free of charge from the state for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Wasn't aware of that, so they won't have the best security services free of charge from the state for life.

Probably like the Dem mayors in the states wanting to get rid of Police forces, you can be sure they will be protected with the best private security tax money can buy.
    Didnt they change the law a few weeks ago, we no longer can know what retired politicians are getting in their pension, i believe that tosser Ivan Yeats, constantly on Radio bitchin about the e350 a week covid payment is on a e1400 a week pension since the old age of 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I can’t find the post by the person who “debunked” the Ireland 2040 plan.

All I can say to you is go and read it. I’d quote it but I’m at work. It’s literally there in black and white. Take a good hard look and as yourself can we support 1,000,000 extra people in a country that’s going from recession to bust every 8 years, a crippling health service, brexit and now this Covid 19 rubbish... add that on top of a govt that clearly sees the Irish people as an inconvenience and prioritises the immigrant already. Where the fück will we be in 20 years time?!?

It’s literally population replacement. It actually says it in the document so don’t come on here and fücking lie to everyone.

I can’t find the post by the person who “debunked” the Ireland 2040 plan.

All I can say to you is go and read it. I’d quote it but I’m at work. It’s literally there in black and white. Take a good hard look and as yourself can we support 1,000,000 extra people in a country that’s going from recession to bust every 8 years, a crippling health service, brexit and now this Covid 19 rubbish... add that on top of a govt that clearly sees the Irish people as an inconvenience and prioritises the immigrant already. Where the fück will we be in 20 years time?!?

It’s literally population replacement. It actually says it in the document so don’t come on here and fücking lie to everyone.

And many many of these immigrants are coming here with a massive chip on their shoulder to say the least, dont speak english , little to no education, with zero interest in assimilating, a recipe for success dare i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

What that we aren't crippled?

We are going into a depression

Something wrong with a person who isn't depressed about it.:p

Why do former Taoiseachs need a Garda? Has anyone ever tried to harm one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And many many of these immigrants are coming here with a massive chip on their shoulder to say the least, dont speak english , little to no education, with zero interest in assimilating, a recipe for success dare i say.

A fair chunk. The ones our government bends over backwards to accommodate.

Thousands of Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish people came here over the last 20 years and flourished.

Not all are like them. Plenty see us as a free ride, come to Ireland, get on the housing list, get everything paid for by the state.

Countries like Australia/NZ/Canada have it sussed, don’t meet our skilled criteria list you don’t come in.

Here we’ll leave in the fella with zero education and invite his extended family to come over with him and the thick Paddy will pay for em.

Something wrong with a person who isn't depressed about it.:p

Why do former Taoiseachs need a Garda? Has anyone ever tried to harm one of them?

Not that I'm aware of but a guy danced on ones grave....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

A fair chunk. The ones our government bends over backwards to accommodate.

Thousands of Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish people came here over the last 20 years and flourished.

Not all are like them. Plenty see us as a free ride, come to Ireland, get on the housing list, get everything paid for by the state.

Countries like Australia/NZ/Canada have it sussed, don’t meet our skilled criteria list you don’t come in.

Here we’ll leave in the fella with zero education and invite his extended family to come over with him and the thick Paddy will pay for em.

The social contract between a government ands its people seems to have died here a long time ago, they blame the EU, the EU blames them... Seems we have an awful lot of highly paid unaccountable politicians floating around... One big happy daisy chain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Rinse and Repeat

All through history those in power ruled because the people where somewhat content with their lot in life , once the people saw those ruling where taking advantage and taking the pîss we get the likes of the French and Russian revolution, i reckon we will see something similar in a EU country within the next 5 years.
    Multiculturalism is a failure yet the powers that be still push on with it, you reap what you sow, sit back and enjoy the coming show.

• Advertisement

The social contract between a government ands its people seems to have died here a long time ago, they blame the EU, the EU blames them... Seems we have an awful lot of highly paid politicians floating around... One big happy daisy chain

Seems the same in my job, pass it on as it's much easier then making a decision...

Advertisement