Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo says the Civil Service is 'very white'

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I'm calling it out repeatedly because several posters time and again throughout the thread repeatedly talk about quotas when it was expressly said at the very beginning in the comments that the thread are supposed to be about that; "this isn't about quotas". The point keeps being reiterated for that reason.

Ok I would like you be able to quote the posts that you vehemently claim are racist so that we can understand your reason for you hysterically repeating yourself like a program.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Ok I would like you be able to quote the posts that you vehemently claim are racist so that we can understand your reason for you hysterically repeating yourself like a program.

Do your own work. Read the thread. I have already quoted posts that are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Do your own work. Read the thread. I have already quoted posts that are racist.

Dog whistles were all. Still don't see any racist comments made on the thread. If any racist comments are made on this forum in general, they're not tolerated. Im sure if you report them. The mods will review. There's always Charlie Flannigan ;)

there are a lot of these videos of white people being attacked and beaten. Its sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Dog whistles were all. Still don't see any racist comments made on the thread. If any racist comments are made on this forum in general, they're not tolerated. Im sure if you report them. The mods will review. There's always Charlie Flannigan ;)

Nah you wouldn't see it, it's there though.

What's does the comment re Charlie Flannigan supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I wonder if I blackened my face would I make Leo happy. After all black is the new whatever and he has a problem with my skin colour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

there are a lot of these videos of white people being attacked and beaten. Its sickening.

You won't hear a peep out of it in the news, if the roles were reversed it'd be plastered all over the news and they're be a GoFundMe page set up

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Wibbs wrote: »
    If that was the case you'd not have nearly the level of disenfranchisement you see in non native populations even many generations in. And it almost always runs along ethnic and colour lines too.

There is no more or less disillusionment of what you call "non native" populations against the state as native populations. A couple of months ago we had the farmers protests. A year ago it was the climate protests. A couple of years ago we had the violent students protests, etc. These weren't necessarily "non native" populations that were pissed at the State.
    Never mind the state oppression bit, which is in European societies a bit of a joke to reference.

You wont get many agreeing that oppression doesnt happen in Europe. Even in Ireland you dont have to look to far back in our history to witness some terrible oppression of the Catholics. I wouldnt find what happened here "A bit of a joke to reference".
    1) America like other New World nations that got on board with slavery were colonies, so nobody except the dwindling populations of indigenous people actually belonged to the place. Hell, talk with your average American and it is usually not too long into the discourse before they'll list their original non American heritage. It's almost a defining thing for them.
    I dont understand the point you are trying to make here: You suggested that black America protesters in BLM didnt feel America. But you are telling us now that all Americans dont feel like they belong to the place? So why single out the BLM protesters in the first place if they feel no more or less American than the rest of then population?
    2) Of course few Black Americans wanted to go to Africa. Douglas himself notes the biggest reason, nobody wanted to go back to " the wilds of Africa".
    Now I am even more confused: That was not the "biggest reason". Douglas was pretty clear why the black population did not want to emigrate, I even highlighted it in bold. It was because "There is no sentiment more universally entertained, nor more firmly held by the free colored people of the United States, than that this is their own, their native land" i.e even though the black population were treated terribly under the state, they still loved their country and wanted to stay in it, even if they were offered their own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not a mention of their colour, wonder why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement