Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo says the Civil Service is 'very white'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Aid is too reminiscent of AIDS which came from Africa.

Sorry yes you're right, what was I thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Fairly sure SF are treasonous, most likely fraudulent too when you consider they have TDs like Violet-Anne Wynn and Riada Cronin.
    Sinn Féin don't have any TDs at present. They stand only for the All-Ireland Dáil (as per the Sinn Féin Consitution) and not for either of the partitionst assemblies which subvert the Republic. Any constitutional lawyer could tell you this. Adams' and McGuinness' cohorts expelled themselves from Sinn Féin in 1986 by breaching the constitution which described their acts as "an act of treachery, to be dealt with as such." As they were not, therefore, members of Sinn Féin (or the wider Republican Movement) they essentially founded a new party (backed up by a militia - which was very far removed from the National Army from which they were expelled).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yurt! wrote: »
    In the PBP / Galway thread I made the very basic point that immigration is very difficult to discuss because of shutdown tactics from a certain coterie on the left. You threw your rattler saying that was BS.

Now here you are on another thread attempting a finger wagging shutdown tactic.

It’s time these lads put up or shut up. They should report the thread and let the mods / admins decide. False claims of racist should be a cardable offence as they are regularly used to stifle and derail threads.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Sinn Féin don't have any TDs at present. They stand only for the All-Ireland Dáil (as per the Sinn Féin Consitution) and not for either of the partitionst assemblies which subvert the Republic. Any constitutional lawyer could tell you this. Adams' and McGuinness' cohorts expelled themselves from Sinn Féin in 1986 by breaching the constitution which described their acts as "an act of treachery, to be dealt with as such." As they were not, therefore, members of Sinn Féin (or the wider Republican Movement) they essentially founded a new party (backed up by a militia - which was very far removed from the National Army from which they were expelled).

Sorry, have I stepped into a parallel dimension? Does Mary Lou even exist? Does Violet-Anne owe 5 years of back rent in this dimension?

Sorry yes you're right, what was I thinking!

Thinking could be problematic also...try to avoid that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Sick of all this talk. Ireland needs a credible right leaning party, fine Gael are a bit of a joke.

The day a current or new party backed with money says it is going to the right , is the day Boards sets a new record for posts, the debate about which direction we want Ireland to go to would begin, as it is we are ambling towards disaster, we are currently at a crossroads and do not have real leadership.
    The East EU leadership following the wishes of the population and has said no to immigration, the leadership of West EU including Ireland , take no heed to the wishes of the population and are pushing for it, even when they campaign as anti immigration, once in power they are pro immigration, but the fact is the people of east and west are united in not wanting immigration, so what is the end game, why are politicians going against the wishes of the vast majority of the people?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Leo should be more concerned about an unelected junta being in office several months after being evicted from power (and several of them evicted from their seats).

That bloody Constitution of ours, what a nuisance.

Really quite bizarre that a man of Indian heritage who has risen to the most powerful position in the country after a life of privilege as a Drs son and then a Dr himself, feels that we operate some sort of glass ceiling for non-white people.

I have never heard Leo's race, appearance, ethnic background ever be referred to an issue in any regard.

He himself is the greatest evidence for the fact that race is not a determinant of success in politics here.

Nail on head, never heard of Leo described as a Indian, he was always a FG wanker.

Does Mary Lou even exist?
    Mary Who is an ex-Fianna Fáiler who has never been a member of Sinn Féin. (Nor would she ever be welcome as a member of Sinn Féin.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

boardise wrote: »
    A load of tokenistic krapp.
    And very recently he spouted a load of tolkienistic trapp.

• Advertisement

Mary Who is an ex-Fianna Fáiler who has never been a member of Sinn Féin. (Nor would she ever be welcome as a member of Sinn Féin.)

Fair point, can’t dispute that.

Suckit wrote: »
    And very recently he spouted a load of tolkienistic trapp.

Dirty little hobbitses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I spent last week filling out mindless 12
    page application forms, writing essays on how my past experiences match their 48 point requirements for the role, filling in 450 word STAR matrix responses to 10 questions on each of their required characteristics and rebuilding my cv into inch wide forms that date back to my primary school.

If all this is useless and all one has to do is tick a box to say you are black then it makes a total f’ing mockery of not only the already farcical recruitment system - role plays, projects, numeric and spatial reasoning tests, phychometric testing, etc etc etc. The whole thing has become a farce.

And this from a man who has LOST ‘his’ job but is still drawing a salary alongside his ‘work’ buddies despite being voted out of their own jobs

jim salter wrote: »
    Also, racism is not just about white people, I have witnessed white people being racially abused by non-white people more than once.
    Believe it or not , two White Irish friends of mine where told in a bar in Bristol , we don't serve Irish in here .
    100% true, they went to police station and made a Complaint the next day, not that we heard any more about it but to get it on record so it might help any paddys in the future.
    This week in Bristol woke folk bringing down statues of racists.
    Paddy and whites are down low on the totem pole of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I soent last week filling out mindless 12
    page application forms, writing essays on how my past experiences match their 48 point requirements for the role, filling in 450 word responses to 10 questions on each of their required characteristics and rebuilding my cv into inch wife forms that date back to my primary school.

If all this is useless and all one has to do is tick a box to say you are black then it makes a total f’ing mockery of not only the already farcical recruitment system - role plays, projects, numeric and spatial reasoning tests, phychometric testing, etc etc etc. The whole thing has become a farce.

And this from a man who has LOST ‘his’ job but is still drawing a salary alongside his ‘work’ buddies despite being voted out of their own jobs

Big If there.

page application forms, writing essays on how my past experiences match their 48 point requirements for the role, filling in 450 word STAR matrix responses to 10 questions on each of their required characteristics and rebuilding my cv into inch wide forms that date back to my primary school.

It's not useless. Sure, I'm against quotas of any type, but let's not go nuts here. Quotas for women have been in place for some time now, and while it has affected some men applying for jobs, such friction has been tiny for Ireland. It would be even less in regards to racial quotas.

The principle of the thing is sexist/racist. In practical terms, it's not going to have much of an impact, since minority groups are very minor, and the actual numbers going for such jobs would be even less. All the same, it's worth taking a stand against these discriminatory measures, simply because we won't ever have an equal society as long as they're encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    That is the endgame of this Multiculturalism scam. To make us Minorities in our own Countries.

Hit the nail on the head. The racism going on against white people right now is sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Leo has gained a good bit of popularity with the c19 crisis.
    Hope he doesn't pee it all away with this nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Hes fcuked it all away...hes a populist moron who thinks the majority of the population shares their opinion on social media...hes done for,thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I went through the same forms recently.

I have it on extremely good authority that if you tick that box that says ethnic minority it doesn’t matter what you filled in elsewhere on the form, you get bumped up.

Diversity is great isn’t it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Only an idiot would think he’s done a good job. Unfortunately we’re a nation full of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Dail of which he is the leader is even more white as is the government.

It’s very white. That’s democracy for you. It’s Ireland, it’s mainly white. It’s very black in Sierra Leone.

I shake my head at people saying, we need more black, white, gay, gender fluid people elected to represent us. We actually don’t. No citizen should turn up at the ballot box with ideals of smoothing out the demographics of elected representatives... they should vote for whomever they believe will work, represent and hold their seat with the best interests of the country and ALL constituents in mind, not their mates, not their fellow ethnicity different and diverse friends....

Anyone saying I’d vote for person A because...

-they are a woman
    -they are African
    -they are gender fluid
    -they are a vegetarian

They should be hauled be for treason if that was possible. You vote for somebody, because they are of the right experience, in possession of the right skill set, have the proper motivation and ethics to tackle the job with the interests, wellbeing and betterment of every citizen of this country as their prime goal and aspiration. That they approach the job with an unfailing appetite of hard work, fairness, intelligence and and an appropriate appreciation of the values of this country, it’s people, the challenges in our communities as well as our aspirations. The flag above the Dáil is the tricolor. The proclamation of the republic is signed by the 7 is the basis of our country.

We declare the right of the people of Ireland to the ownership of Ireland and to the unfettered control of Irish destinies, to be sovereign and indefeasible. The long usurpation of that right by a foreign people and government has not extinguished the right, nor can it ever be extinguished except by the destruction of the Irish people. In every generation the Irish people have asserted their right to national freedom and sovereignty; six times during the past three hundred years they have asserted it in arms. Standing on that fundamental right and again asserting it in arms in the face of the world, we hereby proclaim the Irish Republic as a Sovereign Independent State, and we pledge our lives and the lives of our comrades in arms to the cause of its freedom, of its welfare, and of its exaltation among the nations.

The Irish Republic is entitled to, and hereby claims, the allegiance of every Irishman and Irishwoman. The Republic guarantees religious and civil liberty, equal rights and equal opportunities to all its citizens, and declares its resolve to pursue the happiness and prosperity of the whole nation and of all its parts, cherishing all the children of the nation equally, and oblivious of the differences carefully fostered by an alien Government, which have divided a minority from the majority in the past.

Pretty unambiguous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

As I said in another now-locked thread-5 years ago I wasn't even white. Growing up, literally nobody in the entire country would have used that word to describe themselves apart from a miniscule number of weirdo neo-Nazis. It's an American term appropriate to their racial dichotomy that's been forced on to us by globalisation. And not only do we have to accept the tag we never asked for, we are also presumed to possess all the characteristics and history associated with the tag-ie if we are white it is axiomatic that we are oppressors of black people.

Only an idiot would think he’s done a good job. Unfortunately we’re a nation full of idiots.

Plagiarising quotes from fcuking movies and tv shows should show what a vaucous moron Leo is...hasnt a bit of leadership in is own body.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Are we reaching a place where we'll be forced to apologise for being white and hand over our country while shuffling backwards out of it?

Leo is a tool, plain and simple, and his nonsense pronouncements should be ignored.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Plagiarising quotes from fcuking movies and tv shows should show what a vaucous moron Leo is...hasnt a bit of leadership in is own body.
    No wonder he was expelled from power months ago.

Then he virtue signals that hes taking up his doctors position again and all he did was answer phone calls...doctor my hole he was a glorified secretary.
    Not to mention a leader of a country photo'd knacker drinking in a park with his buddies:rolleyes:.

It would b funny if it wasnt so tragic.

No wonder he was expelled from power months ago.

Shame hes been the face of the nation since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Then he virtue signals that hes taking up his doctors position again and all he did was answer phone calls...doctor my hole he was a glorified secretary.
    Not to mention a leader of a country photo'd knacker drinking in a park with his buddies:rolleyes:.

It would b funny if it wasnt so tragic.

Ya he’s a pure embarrassment. Complete imbecile.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    As I said in another now-locked thread-5 years ago I wasn't even white. Growing up, literally nobody in the entire country would have used that word to describe themselves apart from a miniscule number of weirdo neo-Nazis. It's an American term appropriate to their racial dichotomy that's been forced on to us by globalisation. And not only do we have to accept the tag we never asked for, we are also presumed to possess all the characteristics and history associated with the tag-ie if we are white it is axiomatic that we are oppressors of black people.

Back in my youth, Phil Lynott was not black , he was Irish.
    Paul McGrath was not black, he was Irish and the best defender in the world.
    So what has changed, i know its a outside force pushing this racism on Ireland, but the question is why?

Advertisement