Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit query

• 11-06-2020 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I assume this has been explored regularly here, but I’d appreciate some opinions.

Luckily we are in a position to save our CB for our 2nd child, a girl born in April. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/point of contact about using this money wisely.

For our first son, I just deposit money into a Post Office a/c every month with very poor return. It certainly won’t beat inflation, although it is secure.

I’m not financially minded, so don’t understand a lot of the jargon on some of the websites I’ve explored, so just looking at the experiences of others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tommydublin

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I assume this has been explored regularly here, but I’d appreciate some opinions.

Luckily we are in a position to save our CB for our 2nd child, a girl born in April. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/point of contact about using this money wisely.

For our first son, I just deposit money into a Post Office a/c every month with very poor return. It certainly won’t beat inflation, although it is secure.

I’m not financially minded, so don’t understand a lot of the jargon on some of the websites I’ve explored, so just looking at the experiences of others.

Saveing bonds always good

Advertisement