Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Whatsapp question

Options
  • 11-06-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I know that when a recipient of your whatsapp messages receives the message there are 2 grey ticks and the ticks turn blue when the messages are read.

However, on one of my contacts that I message approx every month, the ticks on all messages are 2 grey ones even though the messages have been read and replied to. I just happened to spot it as I was waiting since yesterday for a reply to a message which would appear to not be read.

What do you think that could be? I checked other contacts and they have blue ticks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭banie01

They likely have the read notification turned off at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

tina1040 wrote: »
    I know that when a recipient of your whatsapp messages receives the message there are 2 grey ticks and the ticks turn blue when the messages are read.

However, on one of my contacts that I message approx every month, the ticks on all messages are 2 grey ones even though the messages have been read and replied to. I just happened to spot it as I was waiting since yesterday for a reply to a message which would appear to not be read.

What do you think that could be? I checked other contacts and they have blue ticks.

You can change a setting in WhatsApp to not notify senders when you read their messages.

It's in settings / privacy / read receipts.

tina1040 wrote: »

You can turn off the read receipts in the settings, meaning that you won’t show blue ticks to anyone and they won’t know if you’ve read their message. As a trade-off you won’t see blue ticks on any messages you send to other people even if they’re read either.

The above only applies to 1 on 1 chats and not to groups. You can’t hide that you’ve read a group message.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Oh thank you.

In all the years, this is the first time I noticed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

You can also see who has or hasn't read your message in group chat and what time it was read by keeping your finger on your message the click more then infor, didn't found out this till yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement