Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Generation & Ranking Improvements?

Options
  • 11-06-2020 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi Everyone!

I run an entertainment and technology niche website, and I got much improvement in the ranking and traffic in this lockdown, but since the beginning of June, my traffic is declining day by day. I always perform proper off-page SEO technique to improve traffic and mostly go with long-tail natural keywords and open URL. I don't know what happened.

Then, I got a notice from Google console about mobile view issues. I fixed it, but my rankings and traffic didn't improve. Now, I also followed some Brian Dean and Neil Patel guidelines to improve on-page issues and installed Autoptimzer plugin and noticed that there is an improvement in page speed. However, I was looking for other than SEO methods to gain traffic, and I found this service to generate traffic https://www.simpletraffic.co/. In the beginning, they use bots to generate traffic, but they claim about organic traffic and real visitors. Do you think it would help me to increase traffic?

Similarly, they also claim the improvement in the search engine, especially Google rankings. I would like to know your views in this regard. I am hesitatings to put my site's link here. In my opinion, if they are not using bots, then mayhap, they are using social media sharing and email marketing. What do you think?

I would also appreciate if you share further tips to improve my website traffic and rankings. Additionally, my site has also been blocked at Facebook and Instagram in the past few days. :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

However, I was looking for other than SEO methods to gain traffic, and I found this service to generate traffic https://www.simpletraffic.co/. In the beginning, they use bots to generate traffic, but they claim about organic traffic and real visitors. Do you think it would help me to increase traffic?
    No, it is a magic wand. Also no point in traffic just for traffic's sake - quality vs quantity. Also if they use bots and get found out, you risk Google penalties.
    Similarly, they also claim the improvement in the search engine, especially Google rankings. I would like to know your views in this regard. I am hesitatings to put my site's link here. In my opinion, if they are not using bots, then mayhap, they are using social media sharing and email marketing. What do you think?
    Without being able to see your site, providing valuable feedback is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Thanks for sharing your views. My site is https://digitalcruch.com/. I don't know how many things I have tried these days to improve rankings and traffic, but I don't see any improvement. Almost all pages lost their rankings. The console is showing issues with First Contentful Paint (FCP), Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) scores. Honestly speaking, I don't have much knowledge of how to fix them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It does look as if you have tried many things, maybe too many and one has caught you out. I have only had a glance but a few things raise questions....

For example, there are keywords spamming in some css classes and in the json data in the head. That could be an issue if those keywords are not being ignored.

It might be helpful for you to go through something like the Moz SEO guide, item by item, and do some sort of checkbox exercise: have I covered item X? how did I do it? what happened? fix/no-fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Okay. Though I have gone through many SEO guides of Neil Patel and Brian Dean but if you suggest, then I also cross-check the Moz SEO guide. Usually, I don't follow SEO guides and articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 irishhombre

only had a quick look, but the performance is not great, run it through gtmetrix and pingdom and see what i mean.

maybe the performance was harmed by something you done recently.....worth a look.

Also what is your bounce rate on GA, if that is north of 40% they may have demoted your site, which would harm your traffic.

check google pagespeed insights too.

regards
    IH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

site speed isnt going to cause you significant loss in traffic. unless your site is close to unusable. its going to be something else that happened. Did you use any blackhat seo? i.e. buying links?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

In terms of SEO techniques. Don't do anything you wouldn't feel comfortable explaining to a Google technician over the phone.

Generating traffic through bots falls into this category IMO. Traffic isn't a ranking factor thank god and if it was the net would be nothing but bots.

With the new core vitals Google Search Console update. Sites are getting flagged for poor download/page speeds. Google runs mobile-first index technique so mobile download speed is important.

Try optimizing image sizes first. That's relatively easy and can pay off in spades. Personally I use webpagetest.org to measure page speed for a number of reasons.

A rapid drop in ranking is probably indicative of a technical issue IMO. If you have a holistic SEO policy and practice white hat seo techniques. algorithm updates and competition isn't going to negatively effect you so severely in such a short period of time I reckon.

Black hat SEOs are always going to be looking over the horizon for the next google update that will consign their sites to the trash heap of the net.

Forget about neil Patel et. al. He is exclusively for newbie marketers out for a quick buck with short attention spans.

Try reading "the art of seo" ebook instead.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1  rogirsi

I've been wondering whether there are effective strategies to implement to use traffic bots free tools to help my site gain a relevant audience. I hope that this step might provide good value for my business promotion and generate high leads.

Advertisement