Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House in receivership

Options
  • 11-06-2020 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

A house local to me has gone into receivership. How can i find out who has it now and if it will be available to rent or buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

john057 wrote: »
    A house local to me has gone into receivership. How can i find out who has it now and if it will be available to rent or buy?

Is the owner still living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 john057

Dav010 wrote: »
    Is the owner still living there?

No. There was someone renting it from the owner and they moved out about a month ago. Then last week a security company turned up to change the locks so i am not sure on the full story. They mentioned the original owner has nothing got to do with the house anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't see it been rented to be honest, could be a bank or a vulture fund that has it now.
    Could well be sold off in a bulk buy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 john057

Is there anywhere i can contact to find out if a vulture fund has it or is it a case of waiting until a for sale sign goes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

john057 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere i can contact to find out if a vulture fund has it or is it a case of waiting until a for sale sign goes up?

There is no guarantee a sign will go up. Local knowledge is probably the best way to find out. Neighbours, postman etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Is the house on registered land. Who owns the charge on the Folio?

Advertisement