Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - Miles Morales

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Penn wrote: »
    Once you transfer your save to PS5 version, when you start playing any trophies you've earned on PS4 should pop again on PS5. At least that's how it worked with SM Remastered once you transferred PS4 save. I had to swing around for a few minutes while all the trophies popped for it. My trophy screenshots for it could be like a flip book if I printed them :D

So basically if I platinum it on PS4 I’ll get the platinum on PS5 as well? Suppose I won’t say no to a free platinum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Finished this the other day. My quick review.

1. I thought the story was pretty bad, the writing poor and the dialogue and voice acting pretty annoying. I thought the first game was annoying, but it had a kind of charm (at times anyways) and the story was alright but this one felt like a bit of a slog, even with its short length. I thought the villain the henchmen had a really generic and boring aesthetic and just seemed a bit under baked. That being said, it'll be interesting to see how the Peter Parker/Miles Morales dynamic plays out in a proper sequel. Co-op perhaps?

2. The gameplay is fun. Like the first game the combat is good, although I found it more difficult than the first game which isn't a bad thing as the first game was pretty easy. Zipping around the city remains as fun and addictive as it was in the first game. My main gripe is that there wasn't much that felt new here. Some new enemy configurations are grand, but all of the map activities were just a bit more of the same.

3. It looks great. I went from using Fidelity Mode, to Performance mode and then back to Fidelity mode for most of the game. I really like the 60fps, but the raytraced reflections were a nice novelty so I decided to stick with that.

Overall I enjoyed it, but I really don't think it was worth the 60 euro, and to me it really just felt like DLC in a way that Uncharted: Lost Legacy didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'm near the end of this about 87% according to the save game but I deliberately took my time and hoovered up collectables on the way. Think it's a cracking little game and does remind me of lost legacy. If you ignore the side mission stuff it's very short and probably not worth the money but I personally love decent side missions so I was happy enough with the purchase. I initially started it in fidelity mode but 60 FPS swinging around NYC won out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got this yesterday and it's class! Any recommended settings? Hdr waa a bit dark but upping the brightness helped big time. Adding photomode to a shortcut on dpad should have been default. I just wish you could cancel photo mode as quick as demon's souls, hate being asked am i sure. Also turned off film grain

I'm playing on performance rt to get the best of 60fps and ray tracing. Any other recommended settings.

Gameplay, it runs like a dream.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'm playing on performance rt to get the best of 60fps and ray tracing. Any other recommended settings.

Is didn't know there was a performance rt setting! Is that new?

• Advertisement

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Is didn't know there was a performance rt setting! Is that new?

Yupp, added in the latest patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yupp, added in the latest patch.

Kind of disappointed they couldn't get it done in time for release. I platinumed the game before the patch and don't really fancy going back to it for a while. Would have been nice to have the 60fps with raytracing.

Penn wrote: »
    Kind of disappointed they couldn't get it done in time for release. I platinumed the game before the patch and don't really fancy going back to it for a while. Would have been nice to have the 60fps with raytracing.
    I'm in the same boat.
    I got the regular version of the game, but now out of boredom I'd like to get the original game for the PS5 but I can't seem to buy it separately?

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat.
    I got the regular version of the game, but now out of boredom I'd like to get the original game for the PS5 but I can't seem to buy it separately?

You should be able to buy it from the miles Morales in game menu or home menu? Should be 20 euro.

You should be able to buy it from the miles Morales in game menu or home menu? Should be 20 euro.

I am an idiot! Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

The worst parts of the first game were when the game would come to a grinding halt by making you walk through the FEAST centre at snail pace as plain clothed Peter Parker. Unfortunately, once again you spend waaaay too much time slowly strolling around as plain clothed Miles listening to absolutely garbage dialogue (seriously, it is absolutely cheesetastic, I can't believe people were paid to write it) in a story that is completely uninteresting. I could not care less about his mother's political campaign, much less his love life.

The gameplay is fun enough when you actually get to it but it is too often broken up by the above mentioned crap storyline. Functionally there is pretty much nothing new being brought to the table here (apart from a venom punch, I guess?) that wasn't in the first game. Absolutely no way this game is worth 60 blips, wait for the price to come down if you haven't bought it.

Finally getting to give this a proper go, it looks and plays just beautifully but I'm finding the combat boring. I've even dropped the difficulty just to get through fights quicker. I'm bombing through the story as i want to finish it and start ghost of Tsushima.

Are there there any side missions worth doing, ones with good story or interesting characters?

Edit: also, in the first few missions at his house, there is what looks like a PS controller but it has xbox buttons. WTF is that about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing this at the moment, and I’m increasingly convinced more open world games should follow the model set by this and its predecessor.

My criticisms of the original game stand. The side tasks are inane, the combat / stealth meh and the navigation possibly a bit too automated in some respects. But there’s a pace and focus to the game that really makes it zip by (pun intended). Being able to turn on the game and easily clear 10-15% of it in an hour or two feels bloody great, honestly. It feels good enough that you can just enjoy messing around in the world, and make significant progress without breaking a sweat. When so many games of its ilk are 50+ hour long behemoths, a game that’s a fraction as long while hitting many of the same basic beats with much less of the friction feels refreshing.

It’s not a ‘great’ game, but it is one that I always work away from after a short session feeling like I got something fun and worthwhile out of it. Not something I’d say about many AAA games that dilute their core gameplay under mountains of noise. Here, you can find every single one of some of its main categories of collectibles in a focused 15-20 mins of swinging.

Also, it’s my first game on a new TV and gotta say it looks spectacular with performance ray-tracing on with HDR popping. Genuinely better than the sort of performance I’d get out of my reasonably capable PC.

Agree with the above. Just completed it and I was able to blast through it and really enjoy it. Plenty of stuff to do in the end game as well if i didn't have a backlog to tackle but this was exactly what i needed at the moment.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1348786752090222593?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone else find this really gltchy and nearly unplayable on ps4? i’m only near the start of the game and during combat my camera keeps seeming to freeze in a direction so you can’t see who you are fitghting and then buttons like dodge stop working, and you can’t use the venom powers.

I’ve tried 2 different controllers both of which work fine with other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not had that problem myself. Try a reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

flazio wrote: »
    Not had that problem myself. Try a reload.

I've tried restarting game and PS and it keeps happening after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I mean, uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just got the platinum, took me 29 hours.
    Never played the original Spider-Man but I enjoyed this once I got the hang of swinging around the city which is a lot of fun. The game looks fantastic on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't get this game at full price and I'm glad I didn't. It's a glorified DLC - and I've played DLCs that are better.

This is why I haven't bought it yet, not a hope in heaven I'd pay above full whack for a game that is, in essence, DLC. Don't care how long you get, Blood and Wine is one of the longest expansions I've ever played, and that was only €25 on launch.

As much as I enjoyed the main game, I'm in no rush to purchase this, and might just wait until it's on Plus/Now. I really do want to play it, but I'm not paying the current rate, or even half of that. Would want to be a savage sale to get me to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You're doing the right thing by waiting. It's shocking that this was ever sold at full price and worse, marketed as a PS console seller. Now I know why they tacked on a remastered version of the original - which I have no interest in getting as I prefer the old Peter model. I don't know what the hell Sony is playing at.

Tbf it was never sold at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Markitron wrote: »
    Tbf it was never sold at full price.

Currently €59.99 on the PS Store, €79.99 if you want the original game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Currently €59.99 on the PS Store, €79.99 if you want the original game too.

That's not full price for a PS5 game, and the full price one comes with a PS5 remaster of an entire other game.

I'm not saying I think its a bargain or anything but they are charging less than other PS5 games.

Advertisement