Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial surveillance noise {EMI} ?

Options
  • 12-06-2020 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I hadn't a clue where to ask this, so if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it .

Do some surveillance cameras/devices make noises? There's currently a construction site a few doors down from me, its been going on for months , but only in the last 2 weeks they've progressed to building the walls and surrounds.

This is the second day I've been hearing a funny noise. Not just me lol the entire household . I'm assuming its from there, as I don't think its from any of the neighbours as its quite loud. It's every half hour and its been this way the last 48 hours. It almost sounds like the same sound you'd get if you put your phone too close to the radio. You known that EMI sound?? Its a bit annoying. I'm trying to figure out what it could be. I'm hoping its not going to still be there when they've finished the building work!

Any idea if it could be from the surveillance cameras (I'm assuming there are some installed!) Or is something else related to construction work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Usually on building sites that have CCTV, there is also speakers so that the monitoring centre to which the CCTV is connected to can warn off intruders.

It could be a technical issue with the system, have you reported it to the site foreman ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shashaela

I haven't left the house in a few days, but I'm sure all the builders are aware of it as there's a few times during the day when the site is relatively quite apart from that sound, so I'm sure they can hear it too.

So now I'm thinking they're obviously aware of it, so perhaps its part of what they're doing?? The house right next to it I'm sure wouldve also said something to them as they often need to use that garden to access the site. (On a daily basis)
    Maybe its something to do with the construction work. I can hear it inside my house and out in the garden. Every 30 minutes. We know exactly now each time when its gonna happen !! But it sounds exactly like that sound from your phone interferring with the radio . or else Morse code!!!

Advertisement