Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel is in Ireland, but where is it?

Options
  • 12-06-2020 10:15am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Family member ordered something from the US a while ago. The tracking info went live on UPS on May 4th. It spent weeks sitting in California doing nothing and eventually shipped to Ireland last week.

It's here since June 6th, but no updates since. Got onto UPS who said it's basically nothing to do with them and also said to check USPS. It's on their tracking too, but only to say it has arrived in Ireland.

Nothing on An Post's tracking. I've checked with Revenue and they don't have it. Have been onto An Post via their webform contact thing. I presume they have it, but if they don't, who does?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Hey,

Family member ordered something from the US a while ago. The tracking info went live on UPS on May 4th. It spent weeks sitting in California doing nothing and eventually shipped to Ireland last week.

It's here since June 6th, but no updates since. Got onto UPS who said it's basically nothing to do with them and also said to check USPS. It's on their tracking too, but only to say it has arrived in Ireland.

Nothing on An Post's tracking. I've checked with Revenue and they don't have it. Have been onto An Post via their webform contact thing. I presume they have it, but if they don't, who does?
    Probably sitting in a cage either with an post or customs. It won't show up on either system until it gets scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Hey,

I don't understand. If UPS has it on their tracking then how is it nothing to do with them?

There are a few parcel tracking apps. I used one at Christmas and it showed what company had a package. Cannot recall the app's name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Hey,

I have been ordering items from overseas for years, and I ordered a heap of things in March, and they only started arriving at my door over the course of the last 2 weeks.

These were also being delivered by UPS, and they, too, arrived in Dublin weeks before I eventually saw them at my door.

I also did the very same thing as you, tried to contact An Post regarding it, and they kept telling me it wasn't on their system. They would tell me to contact the seller, and the seller would tell me to contact An Post. There is no winning in that regard. The hilarious part is An Post ended up delivering my items

Once it's in Ireland, it's no longer tracked. So it's just a waiting game from then.

Whatever it is they're doing at the moment, they stay in Dublin for at least 2 or 3 weeks before they get sent to you. I dunno if this is due to COVID19 (the delay certainly was, never had to wait 3 months before) but if they arrived in Dublin as recently as a few days ago, don't expect it to come to for another fortnight at the earliest. I'm still waiting on things I ordered in April to arrive at my door, all in Dublin since late May.

An Post will certainly have it, but it won't be on their system. Believe me, I tried so many times and each and every time I try, they never have an answer for me, yet it ends up being them who deliver it.

Your items are almost certainly not lost/stolen. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but it can't be a coincidence that I ordered from the US, via UPS, and had the same issues.

Below is a screenshot of the tracking info on one of the items I ordered, being transported by UPS.

It says it "departed" Dublin in May 20th, but I didn't get the thing until last week.

WkWmoEf.png

A lot of my other orders were ordered at various different dates over the last 3 months and the same thing happened. In Dublin on a certain date, then delivered to my door 2-3 weeks after.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It’s USPS - United States Postal Service. An Post don’t scan it into their system on arrival, and can therefore deny they have it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for all of the comments.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    It’s USPS - United States Postal Service. An Post don’t scan it into their system on arrival, and can therefore deny they have it.

Yeah, I rechecked the tracking on UPS, no change. The virtual assistant popped up and said:
    UPS:
    This is a UPS Mail Innovations® number. For this service, UPS transfers the package to the U.S. Postal Service to complete the delivery. Once the postal service has the package, they will deliver within 3-7 days under normal operating conditions. For the current status, visit the Tracking Details page.

An Post will get to it eventually.

Mistake in my OP, actually here since June 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Also, tbf to An Post, they're flat out. Three knocks on the door yesterday due to address mix ups and a parcel (untracked) was dropped in today too.

The parcel went through Portlaoise sorting centre last night. Nothing on the tracking this morning, but I presume there could be further local delays.

Advertisement