Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising a day music festival

Options
  • 12-06-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, can't find that much info online.

Me and my boyfriend have ran a few techno nights in nightclubs over the last couple of years, art venues etc.

We are seriously considering eventually running a daytime music festival in our local city, so it would run from 2pm- 11pm roughly.

Where can I find information on how much a permit would cost, and info on renting mobile bar etc?

Anyone ever done something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Your local council would be the place to start. Have a look at their website and see who the relevant department would be. Call them and if it’s not then they should be able to direct you to the right place.

Your biggest problem, I believe, is going to be insurance - getting someone to cover you and then being able to afford to pay the premium before you’ve taken in enough income. No council will let you operate without PL insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Your local council would be the place to start. Have a look at their website and see who the relevant department would be. Call them and if it’s not then they should be able to direct you to the right place.

Your biggest problem, I believe, is going to be insurance - getting someone to cover you and then being able to afford to pay the premium before you’ve taken in enough income. No council will let you operate without PL insurance.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I found a contact on my local council website so sent them over an email asking those type of questions. So is that a specific type of private insurance we would need to look into ourselves? What's it called sorry?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I found a contact on my local council website so sent them over an email asking those type of questions. So is that a specific type of private insurance we would need to look into ourselves? What's it called sorry?

Thanks!

Public Liability Insurance. For example Fingal County Council have an indemnity limit of €6.5million for each claim. You’ll probably also need Event Insurance if, for example, your night had to be cancelled for whatever reason (Covid!) and you had to pay out to suppliers but had no income.

Advertisement