Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Think I am nearing the end of this just beat
    Moreau/Fish man

House benevito was really twisted, jaysus I actually felt scared playing it.

Was it just me or could you not walk or run as fast in the basement of that bit?

At best you are only at about the 60% mark

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Markitron wrote: »
    At best you are only at about the 60% mark

Ah okay , good bit to go so says only 5 hours play time, really enjoying it but dipping in and out don't want to binge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Ah okay , good bit to go so says only 5 hours play time, really enjoying it but dipping in and out don't want to binge it.

10 hours seems to be about average if you do a bit of digging in the village each time you go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Markitron wrote: »
    It is 100% there in the Duke's shop, unless you have some extremely specific and rare bug occurring I don't know how you can miss it.

I saw it on YouTube someone else also didn't have that or the Ethan upgrades from Siftd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Really enjoying it. It feels like an "old fashioned" game with the amount of looping around the map and discovering treasures in random places. But without it feeling "old" mechanically.

The gameplay is....infectious :pac:... The number of times I was meant to go to bed, but there was one more treasure box right over there, or I had just found a crank and can now open a gate. Even when I did make it all the way back to a save point and save the game.... I'd start itching to play one more bit.

I've cleared the castle, the dollhouse and the fish fella. Glad the pace slowed down after the castle which was a bit too action-packed to be scary. But then again I hated the dollhouse right up until I finished it and was safe. Then I loved it :D

• Advertisement

In the factory now, so I think I am pretty close to finishing it. I'm just under the 10 hour mark.

I'm playing on Stadia. I reckon I've played about 4 hours on my phone in bed, 3 on the big TV in the games room at home, and 3ish on the PC in the chrome browser at work during lunch breaks.

No Windows, Steam or PSN updates, no game patches, no drivers to install. No save files to transfer. Just click the red button and start playing from the last place I finished anywhere with the internet.

In the factory now, so I think I am pretty close to finishing it. I'm just under the 10 hour mark.

I'm playing on Stadia. I reckon I've played about 4 hours on my phone in bed, 3 on the big TV in the games room at home, and 3ish on the PC in the chrome browser at work during lunch breaks.

No Windows, Steam or PSN updates, no game patches, no drivers to install. No save files to transfer. Just click the red button and start playing from the last place I finished anywhere with the internet.

It's like that on PS5. Turn on, click play, no loading. Although PS5 is 60fps HDR and ray tracing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's like that on PS5. Turn on, click play, no loading. Although PS5 is 60fps HDR and ray tracing.

minus the attaché cases and Ethan upgrades. :pac::pac:

this was going to be my entry into stadia as the deal was a really good one, but then I had enough MS points to get it half price and then game share knocked it to 75% off so sadly stadia was put on the back burner again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Same, I played it on Stadia as well, have to say, the experiece was flawless playing it on my TV screen. I've no next gen console and I think my pc would of really struggled with this game so it was a great alternative.

After the factory, I'd say there is around 30-40mins left in the game.

Finished it yesterday, around 10-11 hours of gameplay, wasn't rushing myself. Story was a bit meh but really enjoyed the gameplay.
    recyclops wrote: »

this was going to be my entry into stadia as the deal was a really good one, but then I had enough MS points to get it half price and then game share knocked it to 75% off so sadly stadia was put on the back burner again.

It came with a controller and chromecast ultra if you bought it on stadia, thats what sealed the deal for me. I would never pay €69 for a game otherwise.

What game doesn't have a bug. Second playthrough everything was there.

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote: »
    Same, I played it on Stadia as well, have to say, the experiece was flawless playing it on my TV screen. I've no next gen console and I think my pc would of really struggled with this game so it was a great alternative.

After the factory, I'd say there is around 30-40mins left in the game.

Finished it yesterday, around 10-11 hours of gameplay, wasn't rushing myself. Story was a bit meh but really enjoyed the gameplay.

It came with a controller and chromecast ultra if you bought it on stadia, thats what sealed the deal for me. I would never pay €69 for a game otherwise.

Wait you still had to buy the game? It's not a sub?

yeah thats why I jumping on it but MS make digital so user friendly and cost effective i just know i would never use it.

I have been playing the merc mode a fair bit and its great for a quick blast

Sure, you still have to buy the game.

Basic Stadia is free to use, just have to buy the games.

You can get Stadia Pro (€10 a month), this gives you 4K & HDR gaming with free games every month (last month was Resident Evil 7 for example among others, this month I got Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order).

I played it on my 55" Sony tv using HDR10 and 4K and I thought it looked amazing, no input lag in the slightest.
    yeah thats why I jumping on it but MS make digital so user friendly and cost effective i just know i would never use it.

I have been playing the merc mode a fair bit and its great for a quick blast

Ya I just unlocked the merc mode yesterday after completing the game for the first time, only played it for a few mins so far but enjoyed it.

Stadia is a platform and it is free to use. They have an additional sub tier that is like PS+ where you get a benefit of extra "free games" and a 4K stream.

The value is that instead of spending €500 on a console and then €70 on the game you just buy the game for €70 and start playing.

They had an additional promo on RE8 where you got €170 bundle (controller and chromecast ultra) for €69.

The best bit was like last night. I was downstairs playing RE8 on the big TV downstairs. I was getting tired and wanted to go to bed but didn't want to stop playing. All I had to do was turn off the game, whip out the phone attach it to the controller and I was playing from the exact same place, on my phone, at AAA quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Finished this today I loved it . My second resi evil after 7 . Iv been completely sucked in now and I will start playing them all . I got really sucked into the story of 7 and 8 and watched several videos after it just clear up everything in my head .

Some of the locations in the game were insanely beautiful and level design was serious .

I'm going to be vague so won't ruin Game for anyone . In the final cutscene who was the person on the road up ahead as the car drove away? . Iv a Fair idea but I'm not going to post incase anything Gets spoiled for some one .

brady12 wrote: »
    Finished this today I loved it . My second resi evil after 7 . Iv been completely sucked in now and I will start playing them all . I got really sucked into the story of 7 and 8 and watched several videos after it just clear up everything in my head .

Some of the locations in the game were insanely beautiful and level design was serious .

I'm going to be vague so won't ruin Game for anyone . In the final cutscene who was the person on the road up ahead as the car drove away? . Iv a Fair idea but I'm not going to post incase anything Gets spoiled for some one .
    Was it revealed who is was, I thought the point was to keep us guessing, possibly Ethan coming back somehow?

I've been playing Resi since I was a kid, played all the main ones bar 6 (which I have no intention of playing).

My recommendation would be to give RE2 remake a go next, not first person like RE7/8 but the mechanics are similar to what you've played so far.

If you really get into it, then move onto REmake. Completely different from what you've experienced so far but it is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have to give REmake 1 a go if you haven't played, especially with the callback to it from a note you find in Resi Village.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The best thing about the two remake games is they are so different from the games they are based on. The old Resi 1 and 2 are still incredible games and give a very different experience to their remakes that they are still worth playing even if you've played the remakes.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Have to give REmake 1 a go if you haven't played, especially with the callback to it from a note you find in Resi Village.

Finished Jill last night, will take a break to play soma then go back to chris its still a classic, I was more cautious than usual and tried to only use handgun except boss fights, got the good ending though :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The best thing about the two remake games is they are so different from the games they are based on. The old Resi 1 and 2 are still incredible games and give a very different experience to their remakes that they are still worth playing even if you've played the remakes.

When ranking Resi's, I tend to ship them together like the below. Even though they are very different, I honestly can't choose a favourite between them. Nostalgia versus modernisation.

1 - Resi 1 / Resi 1 REmake
    2 - Resi 2 / Resi 2 REmake
    3 - Resi Village
    4 - Resi 4.......will probably go back to no. 3 when my Village hypes dies down
    5 - Resi 7
    6 - Resi 3
    7 - Resi 5

8 - Resi 6

• Advertisement

When ranking Resi's, I tend to ship them together like the below. Even though they are very different, I honestly can't choose a favourite between them. Nostalgia versus modernisation.

1 - Resi 1 / Resi 1 REmake
    2 - Resi 2 / Resi 2 REmake
    3 - Resi Village
    4 - Resi 4.......will probably go back to no. 3 when my Village hypes dies down
    5 - Resi 7
    6 - Resi 3
    7 - Resi 5

8 - Resi 6
    Assume you're referring to the RE3 remake (which I've yet to play), I loved the original RE3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found the original 3 disappointing compared to 1 and 2. Still good but it's not the best. I'd rank it below them and above Code Veronica.

Assume you're referring to the RE3 remake (which I've yet to play), I loved the original RE3.

Ah I forgot about 3 remake, I must play that some day but the OG 3 was luke warm at best for me so I'm guessing the remake would site around that as well going by people's reviews. I never played Code Veronica.

Found the original 3 disappointing compared to 1 and 2. Still good but it's not the best. I'd rank it below them and above Code Veronica.

I wouldn't go as far as that but I agree, it didn't reach the highs of RE1 and RE2. Code Veronica is the only RE game I started and never finished, just couldn't really get into it. It kind of felt like Capcom had milked that formula as much as they could by the time it came out. In saying that REmake and Zero came out after it and were much better games (especially REmake).
    Ah I forgot about 3 remake, I must play that some day but the OG 3 was luke warm at best for me so I'm guessing the remake would site around that as well going by people's reviews. I never played Code Veronica.

Seems I'm in the minority here, I still really enjoyed the original RE3.

I'll give the the RE3 remake a go when the price drops lower, usually around the €10-€15 mark is the sweet point for me when it comes to buying Steam games on Instant Gaming. I'd imagine it'll reach that in a year or so.

I think Resident Evil Village is the first time I've bought a game on launch in a long long time. Probably not since Twilight Princess when I got my Wii on Launch date.

Seems I'm in the minority here, I still really enjoyed the original RE3.

One of my friends, who loves the series has Resi 3 as his top game. It never clicked with me like the first 2, still a good game though. That's the one thing you can't take away from Capcom, they haven't been afraid to mix things up instead of putting out the same rebranded game every release. Sometimes that's paid off......and sometimes it hasn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played both original Resi 3 and remake, only played the remake as I got it for 20 quid, far to short to pay full price for it! Still enjoyed it though but Resi 2 remake was far better and same with the Resi 1 remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RE3:Remake was definitely a step down from RE2:Remake. Far more linear, zombies less of a threat, Nemesis poorly used, fewer puzzles. Plus only one campaign so even though Leon and Claire's campaigns in RE2:R were more similar than the original, here you only get one campaign anyway.

It's worth playing if you enjoyed RE2:R especially if you get it cheap, and I did enjoy playing it a lot, but RE2:R is just utterly fantastic.

I'd never say Resi 3 is bad but it's just not the same high quality as the first two. The world and level design just isn't as good and I still remember the infuriation I had with the nemesis boss fight where you had to spray acid on him. It felt broken.

I'd still take it over zero.

I'd never say Resi 3 is bad but it's just not the same high quality as the first two. The world and level design just isn't as good and I still remember the infuriation I had with the nemesis boss fight where you had to spray acid on him. It felt broken.

I'd still take it over zero.

Another one, Zero, I haven't played. I'm tempted but can't bring myself to ever try. Think I'll leave it float away in the wind. Never played the Revelation games either.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed zero back in the gamcube days. Just couldn't play it again.

Advertisement