Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Markitron wrote: »
    On that we certainly agree.

I thought click and collect wasn't open till the 10th but Smyths toys website telling me villages is available for collection when in stock on the 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That can't be right

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That can't be right

Just says available on 7th May. Click and collect pre-order button is greyed out so you can only choose home delivery.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just says available on 7th May. Click and collect pre-order button is greyed out so you can only choose home delivery.

That makes sense. I have it ordered for delivery myself, the last few games I had delivered from them arrived a day or two early. Hopefully this one does too.

That makes sense. I have it ordered for delivery myself, the last few games I had delivered from them arrived a day or two early. Hopefully this one does too.

Yeah the same, a day early would be a nice treat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Playing Yakuza Like a Dragon at the moment and this looks completely normal to me. I really need to go to Japan some day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I'm going doing to that right this minute so . I'm off next week so be delighted if it came early !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Demo is on stadia now if anyone wants to give the demo a try but doesn't want the download. Clicking on that link should bring you straight to it hopefully.

https://stadia.com/link/WwbFjr1q7tVGZY9RA

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

Is smyths the best place for ordering online to get it on day of release? I've ordered from other places in past where they always ended up not getting it to me until a few days after release

• Advertisement

Is smyths the best place for ordering online to get it on day of release? I've ordered from other places in past where they always ended up not getting it to me until a few days after release

At this point I’d say they are your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

It's your best bet. I've had mostly good experiences with them but once it took almost a week for a particular release. Particularly frustrating as I'd booked a day off work to play that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i was so looking forwarding to playing this on ps5 but still no luck even coming close to getting one, always been a sit in bed and play it with the missus game.
    Going to have to get it on pc instead which is fine but sucks at the same ah well. im really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

The review embargo lifts for this at 4pm today. How long after that should we get the IGN and Gamespot reviews?

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    The review embargo lifts for this at 4pm today. How long after that should we get the IGN and Gamespot reviews?

Early embargo by today's standards, wasn't expecting them until tomorrow or Friday. If the different sites had enough time, they should have their reviews ready to post when embargo lifts. Hoping for a sneaky Smyths dispatch email this evening with delivery tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Friday delivery will be fine for me. I'll probably fill my Resident Evil 2 mug with spirits to calm the nerves while playing the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Gamestop just shipped

Yes i overpaid but smyths screwed me with my last order, a friday release that didnt turn up till the following tuesday or wedensday

Reviews all seem pretty good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reviews all seem pretty good.

The ones I trust are a bit all over the place. Poylgon recommends it. 7/10 from metro game central. And not even a recommended from eurogamer. Vicki there is a great reviewer imo.

Nothing terrible though.

I'll be picking it up anyway. Always been a series fan and need something to test my new PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I like this chap. Watching his review. He's somewhat critical but seems to like it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Just glanced at 2, kotaku say it's ok but can't talk about their favourite bits as capcom aren't showing certain sections be talked about. He played 11 hours on standard.

Bloody disgusting said it's one of the best entries in the franchise and played twice, standard and hardcore covering 24 hours.

'Heavy' have given it a 9.8 do the you go, one of the greatest games of all time apparently :)

Got 2 texts off smyths with preorder dlc codes, feckers, thought it was a shipping text.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    'Heavy' have given it a 9.8 do the you go, one of the greatest games of all time apparently :)

Got 2 texts off smyths with preorder dlc codes, feckers, thought it was a shipping text.

Just got the same two texts and thought it was the same , they have taken the money for it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The last time I was sent an order from Smyths, I got an e-mail late at night from DPD with a tracking number. Order was delivered the next day so keep an eye on your e-mails tonight.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

PC tech reviews saying its an excellent PC version.

AMD showing a respectable lead in rasterization performance before ray tracing is turned on but even with ray tracing the top end AMD cards can get over 60FPS at 4K which would indicate that the ray tracing effects aren't that significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just got the dispatch email from Smyths :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve read a few reviews saying the first half is much stronger than the second. Such a frustrating flaw to persist in the series - RE2 Remake (inherited, obviously) and RE7 had the same problem. Hell, I’d argue Resi 1 originated the problem. The games just get less interesting the more generic action game-y they get.

petes wrote: »
    Just got the dispatch email from Smyths :)

Me too, awesome if it arrives tomorrow!

I’ve read a few reviews saying the first half is much stronger than the second. Such a frustrating flaw to persist in the series - RE2 Remake (inherited, obviously) and RE7 had the same problem. Hell, I’d argue Resi 1 originated the problem. The games just get less interesting the more generic action game-y they get.

Yupp, Resi 7 had an awful 3rd section where it went full action. I even stopped playing Not a Hero because it was so generic action em up. The fact that the devs said they wanted to make this more appealing to the masses by reducing horror and upping action has me a bit worried. It's like they just don't learn. They did that with 6 and the vast majority hated it. Saying that, i do understand that the masses are the ones who are funding more games in the franchise so it's a balancing act.

I'm happy with my plan of buying, clearing and selling it in a week or 2. CEX offering 43 cash so won't lose out on too much and i can move into Mass Effect and Subnautica Below Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought it there on steam to preload and be ready as my intrawebs isn't the best.

No preload :mad:

Advertisement