Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Fethard

• 12-06-2020 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Thinking of moving to the village of Fethard on Sea. Any information regarding Broadband availability and speeds would help me a lot. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Thinking of moving to the village of Fethard on Sea. Any information regarding Broadband availability and speeds would help me a lot. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Am between Enniscorthy and Gorey myself, but am with Skytel/Rocket Broadband and their coverage maps suggest much of Fethard is covered -
    https://rocketbroadband.ie/coverage/

We've the 50 Mbps residential package at €39.99 per month, and regularly actually get that speed, unlike other who say "up to...." but then deliver far short of the figure. In fact, we sometimes get even more than 50.

Obviously can't say for sure if they can deliver exactly the same thing in Fethard but it's worth giving them a shout all the same. They're easy to deal with too, and the odd time (in fairness, very odd time) that there's a problem, they generally get it sorted very quickly. I'd recommend them anyway, but somebody actually in the Fethard area might have other information too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

Both the village and most of the approach roads to the village are showing as live on the FTTH (Fibre to the Home) & FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) so that should mean most of the dwellings should be able to connect to high speed broadband of up to100mbps (FTTC) and up to 1000mbps (FTTH) speeds from a host of suppliers.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I live out near the lighthouse and we have Vodafone fibre broadband and have no real issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

I live 4km from Fethard. FTTH stops 200m short of my home. I have an account with rocket broadband. I also have a carrier pigeon - guess which is faster and more reliable?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Well, there ya go. Different experiences of Rocket Broadband for different people in different places. I was just putting it out there as a suggestion. Don't know where OP is considering moving from, and he/she might not know of such local operators.

Rocket Broadband is one of those things that depend on line of sight to the local transmitter. We're on a bit of a hill ourselves, and have a clear view to the transmitter on another nearby hill. I believe that for people lower down, even a tree in the wrong place can affect it or even rule it out altogether. So it might still be worth checking out. But no skin off my nose either way. I'm just a customer with them. I'm not a salesman or company rep or anything!

Advertisement