Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing own property sold to own business

Options
  • 12-06-2020 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

If I set up a ltd company and sell my own stuff to it, how do I know what to charge for it?
    I think you can charge full price for anything purchases within six months before setting it up, but almost all of it is older.
    The stuff I have in mind is computer hardware and a couple of pieces of furniture.
    Is there a clear cut rule, like take the original price and decrease it by x% for each year old that it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If I set up a ltd company and sell my own stuff to it, how do I know what to charge for it?
    I think you can charge full price for anything purchases within six months before setting it up, but almost all of it is older.
    The stuff I have in mind is computer hardware and a couple of pieces of furniture.
    Is there a clear cut rule, like take the original price and decrease it by x% for each year old that it is.

But then you personally are liable for any tax on income you receive from selling the goods to your business.

Talk to your accountant about it. There may be a way around it.

Advertisement