Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In person interview

Options
  • 12-06-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

I've just been called for an in person interview for a teaching position next week. I'm surprised as thought it'd be online. Has anyone been to one lately, just wondering what the story is with social distancing, shaking hands etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

I've just been called for an in person interview for a teaching position next week. I'm surprised as thought it'd be online. Has anyone been to one lately, just wondering what the story is with social distancing, shaking hands etc

Everyone well spread out. No shaking hands. Other than that, normal interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Exiled1

All schools are quite empty places at present.
    No problem find ing a room to accommodate social distancing. there will be lots of sanitising liquid and you must sign in and out.
    Bring your own water as you will not be given any.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Then bring your own pen for signing in and out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just out of curiosity, schools still doing CVs or is it all application forms now?

All Eyes On Rafah

Just out of curiosity, schools still doing CVs or is it all application forms now?

Varies. Some ETBs have standard application forms. Most pp schools request a cv and names/contacts for two available referees. Candidates invariably provide a covering letter which can vary in length from ten lines to several pages.

• Advertisement

And some are still requesting two written references with those. Which is difficult because most referees prefer giving verbal references.

A written reference is rarely of any significant value.

Doesn’t stop them asking for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Some ETBs are holding interviews in person so that they can pay their cronies the travel expenses! Got this from an insider!!
    Other ETBs are holding online interviews and are saving a packet!...which will be diverted to good school use in the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

It's not an ETB interview. I'm quite surprised anywhere is having in person interviews at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement