Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash 31031 Timer

Options
  • 12-06-2020 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

The clock in the above (8 yrs) was stopping occasionally so I just removed the timer module and cleaned up the bayonet connectors and replaced it, has been running OK for past few weeks but I find its power consumption a bit puzzling.

While removed, I connected the module to a power supply via a plug in energy monitor which will read down to ~ 1.5 watts on my mobile phone when almost charged, it reads 0 watts even after the module has switched in the relay which appears to have a wound coil and one would think that there should be a power draw of at least 2/3 watts while powering this coil.
    Any ideas on the apparent tiny power consumption?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

John.G wrote: »
    The clock in the above (8 yrs) was stopping occasionally so I just removed the timer module and cleaned up the bayonet connectors and replaced it, has been running OK for past few weeks but I find its power consumption a bit puzzling.

While removed, I connected the module to a power supply via a plug in energy monitor which will read down to ~ 1.5 watts on my mobile phone when almost charged, it reads 0 watts even after the module has switched in the relay which appears to have a wound coil and one would think that there should be a power draw of at least 2/3 watts while powering this coil.
    Any ideas on the apparent tiny power consumption?.

Throw it away

Fit a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

I will throw it away when and if it stops again, I did the same on the previous Flash timer and it ran on for nearly another 3 years before requiring replacement.

Advertisement