Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothercare Ireland Liquidation

Options
  • 12-06-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

It was announced today that Mothercare Ireland was going into liquidation and it is my understanding that all stores in Ireland are closing with immediate effect.

I wanted to return part of an online order I received 2 days ago and was waiting to go into a bricks and mortar shop to do so as I was probably just going to exchange for something else.

Now that I can't do that, does anyone know the rights around online returns? Usually you have 2 weeks to do so. All the information on their website has been taken down. There's just a statement regarding their closure/liquidation.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I think unfortunately that once they went into liquidation, all bets are off. There is a possibility that they may be able to help a little, if you're looking to swap stock or similar rather than seeking a refund, but as a consumer, you're very last on the list of creditors to get addressed by the company.

Maybe try contacting them on social media if they have any presence left and ask there but ultimately I think you may have to cut your losses on this :( Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Gotta love this. Have a €100 voucher that is now worthless. Frustrating to say the least. To hear people waffling on throughout the whole Covid period telling people to 'support local by buying vouchers and using them when they reopen'. What a load of rubbish.

Has anyone ever noticed that its predominantly the local business people and their families that waffle the 'support local' agenda. I was going into Aldi the other day in my local town & met a local business owner coming out with his trolley of shopping despite him being one of the vocal ones about 'support local'.

Gotta love it.

Advertisement