Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM exposed ?

Options
  • 12-06-2020 8:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUGTydjKgG/

This video completely illustrates the problems with BLM and the people supporting it, and the general madness of the movement, it's great to see some black people stop and think and have a level headed fair and thought-out response rather than just blindly following the mob.

Especially white people it's crazy to me to see the rabid illogical response people have had to this.

In our own country leo varadkar is saying our civil service and army are a little "too white"... And we have a racist problem, that there aren't people of other ethnicity in positions of power according to the of Indian heritage and openly gay taoiseach we have a racism issue and need equality..

If you support BLM what's your reasoning and what do you think it will achieve ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

This one is a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The first minute was enough. BLM doesn't mean "only" BLM, or that white people haven't been unjustly killed by police (Daniel Shaver being a particularly egregious example). The only thing exposed here is the politics of those guys.

The first minute was enough. BLM doesn't mean "only" BLM, or that white people haven't been unjustly killed by police (Daniel Shaver being a particularly egregious example). The only thing exposed here is the politics of those guys.

The fact that you could only watch a minute of an alternate opinion because it is politically different to yours says a lot more about you than even you realise...you've merely exposed your political stance!

The auld Hodgetwins. The quintessential grifters.

GIMME SOME ROOM! F*CK OUT THE WAAAAAY!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Not at all the point they made as a whole is 100% correct, BLM is more racist than anything it's protesting against.

But I guess close minded people make the best sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The fact that you could only watch a minute of an alternate opinion because it is politically different to yours says a lot more about you than even you realise...you've merely exposed your political stance!

I watched a minute because someone dropped a video without explanation, just points made after. If they can't be arsed to say whats it about, why should I spend 10 minutes watching it?

I watched a minute because someone dropped a video without explanation, just points made after. If they can't be arsed to say whats it about, why should I spend 10 minutes watching it?

I would have thought the thread title you clicked on would been a fairy obvious hint...were you expecting a transcript of the video?

The video had a title and the video explains the video... It's the purpose of the video..

I don't think blm was originally wrong, it was born from a genuine grievance but it misrepresented the problems.

It's not racism in the police that's the major player, it exists if course and I'm unsure if it will ever be eradicated to be honest. It's an opinion and everyone has them.

The issue that's most at play in the us is the self isolation and self importance on force that the us is so proud of. From the right to bear arms, the castle doctrine, the belief that the world is against them and they need to police the globe by military force right to the paranoia that has been spread by them. The government's are constantly sowing terrorism fear and the sense of isolation and impending global doom. Even the police, the police are either devotedly loved or hated and completely supported or opposed.

There's no middle ground or de-escalation systems. It's always 'i will succeed by force' be this in a national level or individual and that is how they setup their groups as well because that's what they know.

Personally I wouldn't like to live there or work in such a system. The day I can't approach a car and talk in a friendly manner with a person, is the day I stop loving my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm not sure I saw any exposure just a lot of loud noises and grandstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Cupatae wrote: »
    If you support BLM what's your reasoning and what do you think it will achieve ?

As another poster mentioned, the movement doesn't mean "only black lives matter" which is how a surprising number of people seem to take it.

Most people want to support this wave against racism and the movement seems to be a conduit for that. I am sure they have their more militant side, but then again so do Greenpeace.

I have a black friend working a respectable job and they are constantly pulled over by police, it's crazy how much it happens and actually witnessing it. I genuinely thought that didn't happen, the fact that my friend is used to it speaks volumes. The nicest gentlest person you could meet.

Opened my eyes a bit, so yeah I support the movement but more as a symbol of the current sentiment against the day-to-day racism we seemingly just tolerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Congratulations, you found some black people who are critical of BLM.

And now for the Weather.

What's it about ? White privilege? Or what ever else they can ironically bash another race with.

They just create outrage and hate , the amount of racism and that's what it is via the BLM is ridiculous , yet the people supporting it will spin around say they want to see an end to racism , and the same time singling out one race as the problem.

When the issue from the start had nothing to do with race it was a cop murdering a man. BLM transformed the issue tho into racism and them further into black vs white ... And people lap it up and run with it unquestioningly.

It's ridiculous and it's supporters are so one sided they are unwilling to be wrong or be reasoned with , infact you can't even be of an different opinion publicly without risk of losing your job.

But all this is ok? Double standards to the highest degree, and simply a racist movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

What's it about ? White privilege? Or what ever else they can ironically bash another race with.

They just create outrage and hate , the amount of racism and that's what it is via the BLM is ridiculous , yet the people supporting it will spin around say they want to see an end to racism , and the same time singling out one race as the problem.

When the issue from the start had nothing to do with race it was a cop murdering a man. BLM transformed the issue tho into racism and them further into black vs white ... And people lap it up and run with it unquestioningly.

It's ridiculous and it's supporters are so one sided they are unwilling to be wrong or be reasoned with , infact you can't even be of an different opinion publicly without risk of losing your job.

But all this is ok? Double standards to the highest degree, and simply a racist movement.

And what would your different opinion be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Here we go again, trying to hold a religious movement to account for lack of honesty or for errors in logic...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Dohnjoe wrote: »

I have a black friend working a respectable job and they are constantly pulled over by police, it's crazy how much it happens and actually witnessing it. I genuinely thought that didn't happen, the fact that my friend is used to it speaks volumes. The nicest gentlest person you could meet.

I presume you're not referring to Ireland? It's unclear from your post, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

This video completely illustrates the problems with BLM and the people supporting it, and the general madness of the movement, it's great to see some black people stop and think and have a level headed fair and thought-out response rather than just blindly following the mob.

Especially white people it's crazy to me to see the rabid illogical response people have had to this.

In our own country leo varadkar is saying our civil service and army are a little "too white"... And we have a racist problem, that there aren't people of other ethnicity in positions of power according to the of Indian heritage and openly gay taoiseach we have a racism issue and need equality..

All those incidents are truly awful, and disgusting. People should be out protesting, people from those cities and those communities. Why aren't they.

I fully accept police brutality affects all communities, especially poor. It seems to me that too many white folks especially Republicans are so caught up in their love affair with guns and macho police that they won't citicize the police.
    They seem to think it would be UnAmerican. Police and military are national institutions beyond reproach.

Black communities did object, fiercely for years, this didn't start last week. Where were the white people?

Now it gaining traction and they're been accused of racism

Of course All lives matter, that is a given.

If this leads to real police reform it will help everybody, I fail to see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Congratulations, you found some black people who are critical of BLM.

And now for the Weather.

Im seeing a lot of people sharing videos of Candace Owens lately, and other stuff cropping up from her videos (the BLM is a DNC shell company stuff) and I bet good money very few of them know who she is or bother googling her name, because it suits their views. They are usually the "alllivesmatter" crowd.

Trumps mouthpiece for when he wants to try snuggle up to the black community is anything but an impartial voice in the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Why have you got a problem with black people drawing attention to black issues? It's akin to someone saying their leg hurts call an ambulance and you saying, 'what about my leg?'.
    I support a minority with a strong case justifying their treatment by authority figures and institutions. They don't feel enough is being done and they are drawing attention to it. You shouldn't feel threatened, it's not about you.
    Varadkar is part of the problem. He should have said, more diversity is needed as he thinks it's good for society or something. But he was trying to wing it because he likely isn't arsed past looking like a statesman, a hip statesman.

joe40 wrote: »
    All those incidents are truly awful, and disgusting. People should be out protesting, people from those cities and those communities. Why aren't they.

I fully accept police brutality affects all communities, especially poor. It seems to me that too many white folks especially Republicans are so caught up in their love affair with guns and macho police that they won't citicize the police.
    They seem to think it would be UnAmerican. Police and military are national institutions beyond reproach.

Black communities did object, fiercely for years, this didn't start last week. Where were the white people?

Now it gaining traction and they're been accused of racism

Of course All lives matter, that is a given.

If this leads to real police reform it will help everybody, I fail to see the problem.

The problems lie in the fundementals of the movement, and it's inherent racist issues it's very name makes it about race off the bat, people should be calling for reform,

But GF death was hyjacked by this movement and used to change police brutality and a MAN being murdered by a COP into racism.

Are we just going to willfully ignore the anti white sentiment in all this ? I keep hearing the same thing police reform which I agree with but I keep seeing anti white agendas being pushed.

Look at auld leo, apparently we have a racism issue now our army and civil servants are apparently Abit too white for the current agenda.

I've come to the conclusion that BLM is a racist organization that hyjacks issues for it's own gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The problems lie in the fundementals of the movement, and it's inherent racist issues it's very name makes it about race off the bat, people should be calling for reform,

But GF death was hyjacked by this movement and used to change police brutality and a MAN being murdered by a COP into racism.

Are we just going to willfully ignore the anti white sentiment in all this ? I keep hearing the same thing police reform which I agree with but I keep seeing anti white agendas being pushed.

Look at auld leo, apparently we have a racism issue now our army and civil servants are apparently Abit too white for the current agenda.

I've come to the conclusion that BLM is a racist organization that hyjacks issues for it's own gain.

How is BLM anti white. You are making that extrapolation.

Are they anti native Americans or Mexican immigrants just because they're not campaigning for them.

Trying to make a society more inclusive is not a threat to me. Less trouble is a win for everyone.

Bowie wrote: »
    Why have you got a problem with black people drawing attention to black issues? It's akin to someone saying their leg hurts call an ambulance and you saying, 'what about my leg?'.
    I support a minority with a strong case justifying their treatment by authority figures and institutions. They don't feel enough is being done and they are drawing attention to it. You shouldn't feel threatened, it's not about you.
    Varadkar is part of the problem. He should have said, more diversity is needed as he thinks it's good for society or something. But he was trying to wing it because he likely isn't arsed past looking like a statesman, a hip statesman.

No it d be like you calling an ambulance and then me hoping into it saying my arm hurts. Cause that's what BLM did with GF death they made it about race right off the bat when that had no basis it was police brutality .

Why have you got an issue with racism black people face but no issue when black people racist bash white people ? I know alot of people are ignoring the issue and saying BLM is solely about police reform but if we're all being honest here we all know it's not just about that and there is a distinct anti white undercurrent to all this movement..

Racism is either unacceptable or it's not , you can't claim to be anti racism but allow racism towards white people. Or use race generalising statements like the white man ECT.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can't say I'm surprised you're starting another not even thinly veiled thread challenging racial issues

Any more and you will be banned from the forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement