If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV query

Options
  • 12-06-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in the market for a new TV, 55" with freesat and saorview. It's 8 years since I last bought one so I've very little knowledge of specs. Will be used for general TV watching, netflix, YouTube etc. Whats available say in last year's models in UHD and oled that would suit me. Budget, anything up to €1600. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

nophd08 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the market for a new TV, 55" with freesat and saorview. It's 8 years since I last bought one so I've very little knowledge of specs. Will be used for general TV watching, netflix, YouTube etc. Whats available say in last year's models  in UHD and oled that would suit me. Budget, anything up to €1600. Thanks for your time.
    Hi nophd08,

Thanks for the post!

The absolute best of the best would be the OLED TVs. For picture quality they are second to none as they don't use a conventional backlight and have the best colour, contrast and natural brightness. The LG OLEDs also have a Saorview and Freesat tuner built in as well as a great smart hub which is controlled by the Magic remote and voice control!

I would recommend one of the OLED55C9 at £1299/1399 euro would be my first choice!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

I am out of stock at the moment but we have a very limited batch due in tomorrow!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Hi nophd08,

Thanks for the post!

The absolute best of the best would be the OLED TVs. For picture quality they are second to none as they don't use a conventional backlight and have the best colour, contrast and natural brightness. The LG OLEDs also have a Saorview and Freesat tuner built in as well as a great smart hub which is controlled by the Magic remote and voice control!

I would recommend one of the OLED55C9 at £1299/1399 euro would be my first choice!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

I am out of stock at the moment but we have a very limited batch due in tomorrow!

Kind regards

David

Hi David, thanks for the reply.
    The Oled is definitely high end and something I might consider.
    What is available up to €1000. I'm thinking the oled may be under used with the type of TV I watch.

Hi nophd08,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Hi David, thanks for the reply.
    The Oled is definitely high end and something I might consider.
    What is available up to €1000. I'm thinking the oled may be under used with the type of TV I watch.
    Hi nophd08,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Around the 1000 euro mark I would recommend the Sony KD55XG9505 at 1089 euro. It has a great panel with great motion and contrast as well as the Android operating system!

It wouldn't give as good a picture as the OLED but is one of the better LED panels!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203868-sony-bravia-kd55xg9505-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi David, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Is the 55" LG C9 in stock? Are there any further discounts available on this model? If ordered Monday (or before) how long for delivery to Meath?
    Thanks for your time.

Hi David, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Is the 55" LG C9 in stock? Are there any further discounts available on this model? If ordered Monday (or before) how long for delivery to Meath?
    Thanks for your time.
    Hi Nophd08.

WE do still have stock on the 55C9 but it is selling fast.

The current Euro price is the best price we can offer at 1429 Euro which also includes delviey and our VIP 6 year guarentee free of charge.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If order today it would be 3-5 working days for delivery.

Any issues please let us know.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny, I've now changed my plans to a 49/50"
    Can you give me more information on the Sony KD49XG8196BU. I'm not sure what youview is or if it will work here in the Republic. Does it have saorview and freesat and is it available for online delivery.
    Also the LG50UN8100LGB. Which would have the best picture quality.
    Thank you for your patience.

Hi Kenny, I've now changed my plans to a 49/50"
    Can you give me more information on the Sony KD49XG8196BU. I'm not sure what youview is or if it will work here in the Republic. Does it have saorview and freesat and is it available for online delivery.
    Also the LG50UN8100LGB. Which would have the best picture quality.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Hi nophd08

Kennys off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf!

We are now completely sold out of the Sony KD49XG8196, the only ones I would have available are the LG 50UN81006.

The Sony Youview is a separate EPG that also runs off the internet connection however the Sony doesn't have Freesat like the LG!

In terms of picture quality both would be quite similar plus they both have native 50Hz panels although neither of them have Dolby Vision support.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204674-lg-50un81006lb-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi nophd08

We are now completely sold out of the Sony KD49XG8196, the only ones I would have available are the LG 50UN81006.

The Sony Youview is a separate EPG that also runs off the internet connection however the Sony doesn't have Freesat like the LG!

In terms of picture quality both would be quite similar plus they both have native 50Hz panels although neither of them have Dolby Vision support.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204674-lg-50un81006lb-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Kind regards

David

Thanks for getting back to me David, just to be sure, that model LG, does it have the full 7 day EPG as opposed to the satellite tuner which doesn't?

Hi nophd08

Kind regards

David

Thanks for getting back to me David, just to be sure, that model LG, does it have the full 7 day EPG as opposed to the satellite tuner which doesn't?
    Hi Nophd08.

The LG does have the 7 day EPG for freeview/soarview.
    The LG should also have a 7 day EPG for Freesat as it is a certified FreeSat television.

It does at the moment the LG's do not have the catch up TV apps for the Northern Ireland or RTE app for Southern Ireland.
    (LG say the UK catch up BBC iplayer, 4OD etc... might arrive towards the end of the year but no concrete details).

Kenny.

Thanks for all the advice. I've just ordered the LG online.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice. I've just ordered the LG online.
    Cheers for the order nophd08 :)

We will get it processed straight away.

Our courier will then be in touch via text with your tracking details.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.