If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin Tuner

Options
  • 12-06-2020 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, 
    Is there any TV that has Saorview and Freesat on the same EPG, like you would get in a combo box. Does this exist? or is it a case of having to to exit irish channels to go to english channels, and vice versa. 

I hope you can understand this question! I am not too worried about tv size at the moment. 

Regards,
    David. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

dodgerooni wrote: »
    Hi, 
    Is there any TV that has Saorview and Freesat on the same EPG, like you would get in a combo box. Does this exist? or is it a case of having to to exit irish channels to go to english channels, and vice versa. 

I hope you can understand this question! I am not too worried about tv size at the moment. 

Regards,
    David. 
    Hi dogerooni,

The LGs would be one of the few TVs that would have both a Saorview tuner and a Freesat tuner built in but you would need to switch between them. Again, the LGs can be switched between Saorview and Freesat via a setting in the EPG!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodgerooni

Hi, 

Regards,
    David. 
    Hi dogerooni,

The LGs would be one of the few TVs that would have both a Saorview tuner and a Freesat tuner built in but you would need to switch between them. Again, the LGs can be switched between Saorview and Freesat via a setting in the EPG!

Kind regards

David
    David, 
    Thanks for your reply. That is what I was afraid of. So regardless  of the tv, I would need some combi box to get saorview and satellite together. That is a pity. I had hoped someone would have sorted this issue by now. I had hoped Sony's Youview could help but oviously not. I don't need a new tv so, I need a combi box. 
    Regards, 
    David

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi, 

Regards,
    David. 
    Hi dogerooni,

Kind regards

David
    David, 
    Thanks for your reply. That is what I was afraid of. So regardless  of the tv, I would need some combi box to get saorview and satellite together. That is a pity. I had hoped someone would have sorted this issue by now. I had hoped Sony's Youview could help but oviously not. I don't need a new tv so, I need a combi box. 
    Regards, 
    David
    Hi David,

No problem, let me know if you have any further queries!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.