Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty Noob

Options
  • 12-06-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Just after picking up an Xbox One X after being out of the game (sorry...) for a long time. So it's now time to start building back up the collection.

One game I've never really experienced is the COD series despite its popularity. There seems to be several versions of the game out there, however I'm looking for one that is more focused on single player storyline rather than online multiplayer and also one that makes the most of the One X's graphics potential. I'm hoping people here will be able to make recommendations based on this.

Likewise, recommendations for other non-COD games that are a must play on the Xbox One X also welcome.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Likewise, recommendations for other non-COD games that are a must play on the Xbox One X also welcome.

If you haven't played yet, Red Dead Redemption 2 is a must. Probably the best single player story, and an amazing world to experience in 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

witcher 3 you wont play anything else for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just after picking up an Xbox One X after being out of the game (sorry...) for a long time. So it's now time to start building back up the collection.

One game I've never really experienced is the COD series despite its popularity. There seems to be several versions of the game out there, however I'm looking for one that is more focused on single player storyline rather than online multiplayer and also one that makes the most of the One X's graphics potential. I'm hoping people here will be able to make recommendations based on this.

Thanks folks.

Modern Warfare (the current one) has a great campaign, but its still over and done with in about 6 hours, so a big buy in for what you get,

If you like single player shooters, I cannot recommend highly enough, titanfall 2. its often on sale digitally for as little as 3 euros and has one of the best first person shooter campaigns I've ever played.

In a similar vein, I'd also recommend Wolfenstein 1 & 2, and Doom (2016).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Next question is, where is a good place to buy the physical copy of these games? Can be online or bricks and mortar but I want to avoid the digital copies for now as my internet connection isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Best COD campaigns are Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare/Modern Warfare 2, World at War, Infinite Warfare.

BO1 and World at War are 360 games, MW/MW2 have remasters available on Xbox One, Infinite Warfare is Xbox One.

Other games wise, Titanfall 2 is one of the best FPS campaigns going.

Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein Old Blood and Wolfenstein New Collosus are all worth a look as well as they were built as single player games only.

The Bioshock Trilogy is an amazing FPS as well, you will get lost in that world. You can get the trilogy pack with all DLC for about €25.

Fallout 4 is another game you could easily lose 300 hours in and goes for pennies now. There's a sort of Junior version available called "The Outer Worlds" which is my favorite game of 2020 so far.

If you like those open world style games, Red Dead Redemption 2 can be played as an FPS as well, as can GTA V.

Can't say Xbox or FPS without mentioning Halo. The Master Chief Collection is cheap and has Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4. The first two games are remastered and still play amazing.

If you like horror, Alien Isolation is a really authentic and incredibly scary FPS game.

I'm sure I'm leaving tonnes out but should be enough to get you by for a while! I mostly play FPS as well so I tend to get through them all.

You could have a look on CEX, they often have good prices on 2nd hand games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭Treppen

Sniper elite 4 , storyline is a bit inconsequential, but killing Nazis never gets tiring. The kill cams and scenery are good.
    €20 on Amazon. Sometimes on gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Doom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Division 2 is great.

Side note, I can not get into the Halo games, at all.

Modern Warfare (the current one) has a great campaign, but its still over and done with in about 6 hours, so a big buy in for what you get,

If you like single player shooters, I cannot recommend highly enough, titanfall 2. its often on sale digitally for as little as 3 euros and has one of the best first person shooter campaigns I've ever played.

In a similar vein, I'd also recommend Wolfenstein 1 & 2, and Doom (2016).

You just reminded me a got Titanfall 2 ages ago, and had never actually played it. Just went through it over the last couple of days, was really enjoyable.

Advertisement