Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School In September? All Children. Really?

Options
  • 14-06-2020 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I just watched the news from last night… I am so annoyed!
    After all the sacrifices… all the deaths.. not seeing family or friends for months in an effort to suppress Covid 19… The Government are just going to send all the children back to school in September.
    As far as I can tell it’s to hell with social distancing…
    If this is the case why did you not run the state exams.. What’s the difference..
    Now education is more important than lives.. I honestly don’t know what to say.
    To all the healthcare workers and frontline staff in our hospitals this is shameful if it comes about.. They will drive us back in to the center of a new outbreak just as the Flu season starts..

This may be the start of a new Government. I won’t forget and If they follow through on this… I’ll see them in the next election with the memory of the consequences of their decisions.
    They made mistakes at the start with Cheltenham and visiting Nursing homes but they were learning in a difficult situation.
    This will be different. This will be a decision with the full knowledge of what happened before.
    Apologies.. I needed to have a rant.. Am I wrong? I guess I could be but damn I’m annoyed just now!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement