Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying just 2-3 nights a week. Good or bad thing from landlord's point of view?

Options
  • 13-06-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I was just wondering would a landlord/estate agent see it as a good thing or a bad thing that a tenant wants to rent a property (at full price) but only stay 2-3 nights a week.

Would be less wear and tear, but maybe the landlord would have other concerns such as security from the property being vacant half the week etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

If I was a landlord I would see it as a positive. Would depend on the location of the property eg if in apartment block or isolated in the middle of the countryside. Isolated you would prefer someone staying I think

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

JJJackal wrote: »
    If I was a landlord I would see it as a positive. Would depend on the location of the property eg if in apartment block or isolated in the middle of the countryside. Isolated you would prefer someone staying I think

What about in a town / estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

newboard wrote: »
    What about in a town / estate?

In my opinion, as long as you had neighbours etc and probably an alarm it would be great. Less wear and tear. Less hassle. Same money for less depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But OP why would anyone would like to do this? It would be cheaper to just rent a hotel or decent B&B. Brekkie would be a bonus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JoChervil wrote: »
    But OP why would anyone would like to do this? It would be cheaper to just rent a hotel or decent B&B. Brekkie would be a bonus.

Yes- surely it would be cheaper to stay in a nice B&B- I'm sure they'd give you a reasonable deal if you kept going back to them.

I don't see how it makes much difference to a landlord one way or the other. You are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of the property without encroachment from the landlord- regardless of how many days/nights you stay there. You're simply paying for something that you're not using- by only staying there a few nights.

I just don't see the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

It wouldn't just be me staying there

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭robinbird

newboard wrote: »
    It wouldn't just be me staying there

Ah. What exactly do you do for a living?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

robinbird wrote: »
    Ah. What exactly do you do for a living?

Hahaha.

That's what came to mind for me too :)

Advertisement