Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothercare shut down, other options?

Options
  • 13-06-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Guys I'm gutted to hear about mothercare shutting down, especially with my baby boy on the way
    It was always our place to go and now I need loads of stuff before October.
    So my question is what are the other options now?

Friend of mine told me about this new place babylove.ie , apparently they have tons of stuff and she loves them, but are they any good?
    I absolutely love Dr. brown's teats and they seem to be the only ones to sell them in Ireland now :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Depends what you are looking for and where you are based.

There's eurobaby on the long mile road... I've never used them.

Tony kealys in walkinstown and coolock.

Boots especially with the extra parenting club points.

I remember arnotts doing a baby bundle... I think it was all baby elegance stuff.

Argos and smyths also stock baby stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

World of wonder, Tony Kealys, Bella baby

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Smyths toys, Argos, Boots....what are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Siobhan82

Dr Brown's soothers, knitted blankets and buggy liner to start with. I'm based in Mayo now and online is my only option really. I've checked all of the usual guys with no success so far. I think I'll give that babylove a go, as their blankets look lovely, was just hoping to find someone else who might have tried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Try guineys for cellular blankets.

For the cot I found the grobags brilliant, I know not everyone is a fan, but I couldn't fault them.... Boots often have offers on them, I also got some in tkmaxx, they usually have them in regular stock. Marks and dunnes also do their version of them.

For the pram liners I used footmuffs. I got a baby elegance one in boots, and a couple in argos that were on offer.

Smyths do stroller liners. I also picked up one in tkmaxx but tkmaxx are hit n miss.

• Advertisement

Hi, I have gift shopped in these 3 places and they had great stock. I suppose depending what part of Mayo you're in, they may or may not suit you to visit in-store. They are online also.

Bella Baby, Oranmore
    Little Dreamers, Briarhill, Galway
    All4Baby, Tuam Road, Galway

Best of luck :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

LittleDreamers have a good online site, and are lovely.I have used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AshlingMG

I bought blankets and bibs from Babyboo.ie and the quality is excellent. I bought Wallaboo car seat liner (Definitely my best buy ever) and the Wallaboo footmuff for my buggy and absolutely love them.
    I live in Kildare but have bought most of my stuff from Tralee Nursery Supplies; they are usually the most reasonable price wise and delivery has always been very prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Have you tried little angels in castlebar?
    They have a website too. Just had a quick nose and they sell Dr Brown's

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Kool Kidz in Sligo are great - have everything you need, very knowledgeable and lovely to deal with. Online here too www.babyaccessories.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Check out Amazon too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Boots generally have a good baby selection. I got lots in Dunnes, M&S, next. Bought all my main baby items in Tony Keelys and also Mammas&pappas.

Advertisement