Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Conservatives debate Black Liberals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

you've actually proven my point, under programs implemented by the trump administration to bring back jobs it has sent the black unemployment numbers tumbling.

The republicans have and always had done more for black employment.

No, those sort of figures pre date Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Overheal wrote: »
    The NRA also has a really spotty track record in using it’s clout to defend the rights of black firearm-caring citizens. The only time the NRA really supported gun control was after the black panthers did the exact same thing that anti-lockdown protesters did, basically.

The NRA sucks, they are directly complicit in helping to bring some of the daftest and illogical gun control measures in the US, all with a view to denying black people their right to own firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The NRA sucks, they are directly complicit in helping to bring some of the daftest and illogical gun control measures in the US, all with a view to denying black people their right to own firearms.

such as ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Joe Columbo

The democrats know that close to 100% of black people vote for them so there is zero Incentive for them to actually help black people in fact if anything it's advantageous for the democrats to convince black Americans that society is against them while at same time making sure they don't actually do anything to improve the status of black people so they will always be providing them with this dream of change to get votes but never properly improve their lives as the might start being more selfish and vote for the republicans if the were to improve their status in life. Black people should consider tactically voting for the republican party once to see if it might get the democrats attention and get them to actually do something.If the republicans know black people will never vote for them either then why would the republicans bother having policies in place to help black people when they know they wouldn't even consider voting for them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The democrats know that close to 100% of black people vote for them so there is zero Incentive for them to actually help black people in fact if anything it's advantageous for the democrats to convince black Americans that society is against them while at same time making sure they don't actually do anything to improve the status of black people so they will always be providing them with this dream of change to get votes but never properly improve their lives as the might start being more selfish and vote for the republicans if the were to improve their status in life. Black people should consider tactically voting for the republican party once to see if it might get the democrats attention and get them to actually do something.

If i am a black person why would I vote Republican based on this single picture comparison alone...

644g94tz44451.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Derdwerker

Democrats and Republicans both have racial skeletons in their closet. Oddly enough, the Republican Party is probably more honest in this sense.

It was summed up perfectly by a black comedian (can’t remember which, possibly Chris Rock):
    “The thing about Republicans, at least they’re honest about not wanting me in their neighbourhood”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

rossie1977 wrote: »
    If i am a black person why would I vote Republican based on this single picture comparison alone...

You shouldn't vote for either of them based on a single picture alone. Doing so it's incredibly superficial and pretty much sums up the today's political stage. No one cares about the real problems anymore, it's all based on how it looks, and even that, it's how it looks at the first glance, not if you're looking in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Obama was and still is all about the optics. Same as Leo. He really was a nothing President. Did he actually have any actual policies? I'm not sure that Change, Hope, and Yes We Can actually count as policies. And it makes me laugh so hard when I read the calls for "Queen" Michelle to run for President or Vice-President. Ha ha ha.

Oh, what is the Obama photo above meant to represent? It's certainly not a demographically accurate representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The idea that black people vote republican is always grossly over represented by the media and the gop itself. They don't.
    Approx 8 out of 10 blacks vote dems and 1 vote republican

Also, more black Democratic voters continue to characterize their views as moderate rather than liberal.
    In 2019, 43% of black Democrats called themselves moderate, 29% called themselves liberal and 25% called themselves conservative.

https://press.princeton.edu/ideas/why-are-blacks-democrats
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/black-voters-2020-election.html
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/01/17/liberals-make-up-largest-share-of-democratic-voters/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

The NRA is a big organistion, but its declining in strength.
    on the other hand you have growing civil rights/gun rights groups.

Black

https://naaga.co/
    National African American Gun Association
    https://www.meetup.com/National-African-American-Gun-Association-Atl-Metro/
    blackgunownersassociation
    https://blackgunownersassociation.org/gun-clubs/

gay
    The Pink Pistols
    http://www.pinkpistols.org/
    Jewish
    Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
    http://jpfo.org/

other civil rights and gun ownership groups.

Revolution PAC ,Second amendment foundation,Women Warriors pac
    ETC ETC ETC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    Obama was and still is all about the optics. Same as Leo. He really was a nothing President. Did he actually have any actual policies? I'm not sure that Change, Hope, and Yes We Can actually count as policies. And it makes me laugh so hard when I read the calls for "Queen" Michelle to run for President or Vice-President. Ha ha ha.

He never lived up to his rhetoric; and was compromised from the outset by kowtowing to Wall Street. But he was first American President in decades to even have aspirations to change the country for the better.
    For instance he made noble efforts in Healthcare Provision, Foreign Policy and Nuclear Arms Control. In all cases he was obstructed every step of the way, which prevented home runs. Obama's Wars by Bob Woodward is an excellent book that highlights how the permanent institutions involved in defence did everything under the sun to frustrate his aims for a less interventionist US foreign policy.

If anything the lesson from the Obama presidency was that even a two-term President cannot turn the oil tanker around.
    This is why I found everyone losing their head over Trump to be so ridiculous. He's a disgrace but his actual influence is grossly overstated.

There are people alive today who remember a grandparent that was born into chattel slavery.

People younger than that remember lynchings. We had lynchings up to the 1980s.

There is still slavery in the united states to this day:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

One of the largest Lynchings, was the lynchings of 11 Italian Americans, after a Irish police officer was murdered. I read in a book back in the 90's that a large part of the mob was black.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Americans

Yes Lynchings happened, but it wasn't totally a "Black Thing" even thou they suffered most per head of population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States

The democrats know that close to 100% of black people vote for them so there is zero Incentive for them to actually help black people in fact if anything it's advantageous for the democrats to convince black Americans that society is against them while at same time making sure they don't actually do anything to improve the status of black people so they will always be providing them with this dream of change to get votes but never properly improve their lives as the might start being more selfish and vote for the republicans if the were to improve their status in life. Black people should consider tactically voting for the republican party once to see if it might get the democrats attention and get them to actually do something.If the republicans know black people will never vote for them either then why would the republicans bother having policies in place to help black people when they know they wouldn't even consider voting for them in the first place.

In the 90's I was sitting in a Bar in Boston.
    Ted Kennedy was fighting for reelection..

Nearby One Black Gent was talking how great it was That Kennedy had visited Roxbury(black neighborhood) two other Black man agreed about how great he was. i said to them that Ted had already made 3 speeches over in South Boston (white neighborhood)

I explained he only had to visit Roxbury once, because he already had the Black vote, while in South Boston, Kennedy had to fight for every single vote.He didn't take the white voted for granted.

There are people alive today who remember a grandparent that was born into chattel slavery.

People younger than that remember lynchings. We had lynchings up to the 1980s.

There is still slavery in the united states to this day:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

There is still slavery in the united states to this day.
    But most of them are Sex slaves,are brought into the country illegally.

To stop the sex slave trade,a big wall needs to be built on the southern boarder and Emigration rules tighten and mass deportations.
    which isn't going to happen.

tough luck for the poor sex slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cordell wrote: »
    You shouldn't vote for either of them based on a single picture alone. Doing so it's incredibly superficial and pretty much sums up the today's political stage. No one cares about the real problems anymore, it's all based on how it looks, and even that, it's how it looks at the first glance, not if you're looking in depth.

Maybe you missed the entire debate last 3 pages that Republicans are the party that want to get black people to work while Democrats want to control them via welfare...

Of course the photo comparison is important because if Trump and his team cannot find work in the White House for black people why is he really going to be interested in finding work for those thousands of miles away and completely unknown to him.
    Rockbeast2 wrote: »

Actual policies like what.. Build a wall, lock her up, more tax cuts for giant corporations and the top 0.1%?

Obama was the first president in decades to try and change the health care laws.

When he entered the White House the US were losing 800,000 jobs every month and unemployment was spiralling towards 10% while the DOW was falling towards 6,000. It was the worst financial crisis since the 30s and one many experts believed would usher in a decade of depression.

Its basically like saying 'that fireman who came to put out the huge fire burning down the house did but why didn't he mow the lawn, paint the bedrooms, put up new curtains' .

Obama eliminated most wanted man in US history, saw US massively reduce their presence in the middle east, mended fences with Iran
    Oh, what is the Obama photo above meant to represent? It's certainly not a demographically accurate representation.

I already explained it above. And certainly the Trump photo isn't representive of the US demographically. Any high school graduation photo will tell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Another black person that has come away from the Dems.

Advertisement