Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - phatkev - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

I'm still nervous about seeing who's bottom :pac:

so am i!!!! :pac:

phatkev wrote: »
    You can lay off the nails now:pac:

Phew! :o

Tbh the main thing I wanted from this round was to at least score higher than Also Starring LeVar Burton (he has a......history with the word 'Salt'!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Phew! :o

Tbh the main thing I wanted from this round was to at least score higher than Also Starring LeVar Burton (he has a......history with the word 'Salt'!) :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

In 18th place we have Josi Kashimashi Monogatari by Morning Musume submitted by
    FixXxer

Have I heard the band: No

Have I heard the song: No

Thoughts: What can I say FixXxer, it would be an understatment to say I didnt really enjoy this one! I tried to sit down and listen to the whole song through so many times, but every time I had the urge to turn it off. I’ve heard of Death Metal being used to torture people but I’d be telling the interrogator anything they needed to know if they had this on repeat

Score: NA

In 1st place we have Bamboleo by Gipsy submitted by
    Gru

Have I heard the song: NO

Thoughts: Really like this tune, some excellent guitar playing. The chorus is great, the percussion throughout is really well done. Takes real skill to keep that many guitars going at once. Its like a better version of Despacito

Score: 8.7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hahaha it's such a good song though!! It tells the story of the band and they have such spirit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You've never heard Bamboleo? How old are you? :D Great song

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 1st place we have Bamboleo by Gipsy submitted by
    Gru

Have I heard the song: NO

Never heard it? Wow!
    Must be a cracking song to hear fresh, I heard it loads when I was younger! Good pick Gru :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kev, how have you never heard Bamboleo before? Everyone and their mother has heard that song! Great choice Gru, well done.

FixXxer, hard luck, I quite enjoyed that song.

ShaneU wrote: »
    You've never heard Bamboleo? How old are you? :D Great song

Recognised bits of it, but when I seen it written down I'd no idea what it was. This was definitely the 1st time I'd listened to the whole thing through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That's a blast from the past!! Bamboleo is a great song, don't know about Ireland but very popular in Greece for a few years!!

fixXxer wrote: »
    Hahaha it's such a good song though!! It tells the story of the band and they have such spirit :D

God you just listen to the intro again, getting serious flashbacks:pac: first thing the intro reminded me off was some sort of 90's kids TV show. I didnt enjoy that first 20 seconds of it and you're still left with 6 MINUTES of it!!:p

I've heard of Gipsy Kings but wouldn't have been able to tell you anything about them. Like phatkev I recognise bits of Bamboleo but I don't think I'd ever heard the full thing before tonight.

Great tune, but it's no Morning Musume! :D

I have to say i am shocked you haven't heard it, although i remembered it from a friends dad playing it a lot back in the old days, and now often hear it around world cups/in kids movies (Sing), so when it popped into my head i threw it in, i have to say i was getting very nervous towards the end result there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wait until Kev finds out that the Gipsy Kings aren't even Spanish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Also shocked that you have never heard that bamboleo song before :D

It was a big enough song, though can't remember from what. Could have been football or something alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Also going to take this opportunity to showcase this beauty again :pac:

Table update after round 2, EN is the early leader but Gru and CJ Maxx are not far behind

Name | Rd1 | Rd2 | Rd3 | Rd4 | Rd5 | Rd6 | Total
    JP Liz V1 | 8 |
 14 | | | | | 22
    Homer J. Fong | 9 | 17 | | | | | 26

Sawduck | 17 | 4 | | | | | 21

Also Starring LaVar Burton | 3 | 10 | | | | | 13

CJ Maxx | 18 |
 12 | | | | | 30
    The Purple Tin | 10 |
 11 | | | | | 21
    Gru | 12 |
 18 | | | | | 30
    Irish Aris | 4 |
 3 | | | | | 7
    ShaneU | 6 |
 8 | | | | | 14
    Osh | 13 |
 6 | | | | | 19
    Lassykk | 5 |
 15 | | | | | 20
    y0ssae1an22 | 15 |
 2 | | | | | 17
    Mustang Shelly | 1 |
 9 | | | | | 10
    S1ippy | 7 |
 7 | | | | | 14
    Rothko | 14 |
 6 | | | | | 20
    Fixxxer | 11 | 1 | | | | | 12

Barney92 | 2 |
 13 | | | | | 15
    Electric Nitwit | 16 | 16 | | | | | 32

EN is the early leader
    Well this doesn't happen often, best do some basking :p

tenor.gif?itemid=13033732
    Too much? Too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think I'm in a good chance for wooden spoon!!:D

• Advertisement

Well this doesn't happen often, best do some basking :p

tenor.gif?itemid=13033732
    Too much? Too much...

:P
    IdleNastyBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

Table update after round 2, EN is the early leader but Gru and CJ Maxx are not far behind

Ah give it time, still plenty of rounds to sink back to the usual mid-table slot i often find myself in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

God you just listen to the intro again, getting serious flashbacks:pac: first thing the intro reminded me off was some sort of 90's kids TV show. I didnt enjoy that first 20 seconds of it and you're still left with 6 MINUTES of it!!:p

giphy_%2854%29.gif

Not edgy enough?? Why do you hate having JOY in your life?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

osh wrote: »
    Also going to take this opportunity to showcase this beauty again :pac:

This is better than the original, the kazoo solo really seals the deal.
    That Japanese song was excellent too. The lyrics were hilarious :D

tenor.gif

I'll hopefully be back up and running tomorrow evening. I didn't what to break LaVar's stride last week!

I'll hopefully be back up and running tomorrow evening. I didn't what to break LaVar's stride last week!
    tenor.gif

I'll get the 3rd round (Women in Music) results started in the next hour or so. This was probably the strongest round so far, I enjoyed listening to all the tracks this round and the ones that ended up at the bottom of the pile aren't there because I disliked them, but because they just didn't click with me as well as the other entries

In 15th place Joan Jett & The Blackhearts- I Hate Myself For Loving You- submitted by
    Sawduck

Have I heard the band: Yes

Thoughts: It’s a grand song but nothing that really pulls me in. "I love rock and roll" is the only Joan Jett song I’m familiar with and this sounds very familiar. She sure does love that drum beat

• Advertisement

In 14th place – Nightwish Planet Hell, submitted by
    FixXxer

Have I heard the band: Yes

Thoughts: Nightwish are a band I’ve definitely heard of but wouldn’t be able to name a single song from them. Intro wouldn’t be out of place in a film score, there is a lot going on in this one! Always thought it was just a female vocalist in the band. Im really not sure whats going on with that keyboard solo, really not the sound you’d expect to hear in a metal song, sounds very difficult to play.

Advertisement