Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours ban dispute

Options
  • 13-06-2020 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi.
    I was banned from AH and I would like to appeal my ban based on the reasons outlined in my message exchange.
    ME wrote:
    Hi,

I would like to appeal my ban based on the fact that I wasn't trolling, I wasn't looking for a rise and I was stating fact, these facts are apparent and are clearly occuring as was exposed in the recent C4 documentary. I was not trying to create discord.

The thread was supposed to be a discussion space for why travellers get away with what they do.

I never once used derogatory language.

I did not dehumanise travellers.

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi,

1) Your op stated "anyone who criticises me can shut the fūck up. I hate them."
    2) Your PM mentions a recent C4 documentary however your posts in the thread provided absolutely no source for your numerous accusations about traveller behavior
    3) Your op made it clear the assumption is that these behaviors are endemic to all travelers

It was a traveler bashing thread through and through. Your AH ban is not being lifted
    Me wrote:
    Thanks for the swift reply.
    Much obliged.
    To dispute resolution.

Cormac.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi HJB,

I will look into this for you. Please bear with me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

Hi HJB,

I will look into this for you. Please bear with me.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks

No worries. I'm going to liaise with the mods. It's a Sunday so they may some time before they respond.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Hi Cormac,

I've had a chance to talk with the moderator who banned you.

You were issued with a one month ban on the premise that you were a troll who had re-registered with this site. Given that an admin has confirmed that this is not the case, a one month ban is not justified IMO.

However, I fully agree with the comments from Ten of Swords here:
    Hi,

1) Your op stated "anyone who criticises me can shut the fūck up. I hate them."
    2) Your PM mentions a recent C4 documentary however your posts in the thread provided absolutely no source for your numerous accusations about traveller behavior
    3) Your op made it clear the assumption is that these behaviors are endemic to all travelers

It was a traveler bashing thread through and through. Your AH ban is not being lifted.

As a compromise, I propose lifting your ban and replacing it with an infraction. I would also ask that you consider your posting style on this site in future.

Please let me know if you find this satisfactory. If not, I am happy to request admin attention.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

Hi Cormac,

I've had a chance to talk with the moderator who banned you.

You were issued with a one month ban on the premise that you were a troll who had re-registered with this site. Given that an admin has confirmed that this is not the case, a one month ban is not justified IMO.

However, I fully agree with the comments from Ten of Swords here:

As a compromise, I propose lifting your ban and replacing it with an infraction. I would also ask that you consider your posting style on this site in future.

Please let me know if you find this satisfactory. If not, I am happy to request admin attention.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha

Hi ancapailldorcha

That is a fair compromise.

I apologise if I spoke out of turn.

Thanks.

Cormac

Excellent. I'll sort it now. Thanks Cormac.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Cheers all. I'll leave it to ACD to sort out the ban. Marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement