Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one x, dolby atmos soundbar

Options
  • 13-06-2020 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭

So anyone who frequents bargain alerts may have a new xbox one and jvc soundbar.

But has anyone managed to get atmos working alongside hdr with the dolby access app. If I use arc I get hdr up and running and use dolby digital.

If I pass through soundbar I can get atmos working but won't support hdr. Has anyone managed both?

Comments

recyclops wrote: »
    So anyone who frequents bargain alerts may have a new xbox one and jvc soundbar.

But has anyone managed to get atmos working alongside hdr with the dolby access app. If I use arc I get hdr up and running and use dolby digital.

If I pass through soundbar I can get atmos working but won't support hdr. Has anyone managed both?
    I dont think it's possible via HDMI ports . You'll need HDMI 2.1 which comes with eArc (and also a new earc soundbar!). I'm on the look out for a new TV and people have the exact same complaint with the latest Samsung TV's which dont fully support 2.1. The only TV to fully support 2.1 is the LG C9.

Does the soundbar have an optical audio port? That sould work splitting audio via optical and picture via hdmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

It does have optical yep but dolby atmos only supports hdmi audio or so the xbox is telling me. From googling it seems like a common complaint.

But cheeky advertising a sound experience ya can't really get as you have to take a hit on hdr.

Yep, up steps Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1 with eArc and the need to buy a new TV and soundbar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

well in the transition to my own and setting up soundbar i completely forgot i had already used a code for dolby atmos app so going to use that with my headphones, hopefully the bang & olufson agreement for the series x doesnt make that obsolete

Advertisement