Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Change While Abroad

Options
  • 13-06-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I currently am living in Germany and still use my Bank of Ireland account here. My account is currently in my maiden name. I am currently unable to receive the verification codes to update my phone number and can’t receive any letters from Bank of Ireland as I live in an apartment complex and my mailbox has my married name on it so this is creating a lot of issues as I can only receive letters in my current married name.

Is there any way that I can have my name changed while I’m overseas as I’m clearly unable to go to a branch to have it changed.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order change your name on your account from abroad it’d be necessary to send a letter of written instruction to your account holding branch. 

This written instruction would need to be signed and you would also need to provide a copy of your passport and a copy of your marriage certificate as proof of your name change. 

I hope that this information helps. If you need any further help or advice please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement