Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and putt Dublin and surrounds

Options
  • 13-06-2020 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭

Looking at trying somenew pitch and putt courses (pay & play) and am looking for some suggestions as Google isn't much help. Even anything in Meath, Louth, Kildare....

The ones that I know of are

Longmedows in Ballyfermot
    Tolka Vally
    The brock inn
    Elm green
    Bohernabreena
    Glencullen
    The one near saggert
    St Anne's
    Deer park but i heard that's gone altogether ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

There's a nice wee pitch and putt out in Trim, it's just beside the Aldi.

Pitch and Putt Union of Ireland should be able to furnish you with a pretty thorough list of courses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    There's a nice wee pitch and putt out in Trim, it's just beside the Aldi.

When you say wee, how wee ? :D

When you say wee, how wee ? :D

I'm from the North originally....wee can run from fierce wee to big wee!

You're talking the shortest hole at the mid 30m range, to the longest at mid to high 50s if my memory stands me in good stead.

Was just looking at it there on Facebook. Unfortunately it's members only at the moment but thanks for the suggestion.

Was just looking at it there on Facebook. Unfortunately it's members only at the moment but thanks for the suggestion.

They haven't updated on social media, but they're fine with non members now. Two to a tee, fiver a head I think.

• Advertisement

Elm hall near celbridge has a pitch and putt course open to, not sure on cost or what it's like

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

Deer park but i heard that's gone altogether ?

It's still open but AFAIK it will go when the redevelopment is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭This is it

Pitch and Putt in Ratoath, Meath. €5 pay and play. Down as members only but they told me to fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

ronnoco13 wrote: »
    Elm hall near celbridge has a pitch and putt course open to, not sure on cost or what it's like

Has two courses , one is too long to be PPUI but is great fun , the other is genuine PPUI length.

Both courses are in great nick right now , I play the short course every Sun

I think he charges 7 or something ( we get a discounted rate because we play as a group every week )

usual ' virus ' rules apply re flags etc

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Seapoint pitch and putt in termonfeckin Louth is an absolute gem, links style course right on the beach. Played this place all through my child hood and what i would give to play that course again on a sunny day with some mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lansdowne Valley still exist (across from BOI Walkinstown, behind the apartments with the shockingly poor wood cladding)?
    14yr old me spent many an hour in there. Not the best green quality but it's possibly the largest p+p course I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Think there is also a pitch and putt and par 3 course in Newcastle.

Elm Hall long P&P is a lovely little course

There is the par3 near Peamount , but the last time I went near there it was destroyed because the same place is used for ' foot golf'

The one up the hill near Athgoe has gone which is a shame because it was a cracking course.

JP85 wrote: »
    Seapoint pitch and putt in termonfeckin Louth is an absolute gem, links style course right on the beach. Played this place all through my child hood and what i would give to play that course again on a sunny day with some mates.

Any idea if there opened ? I know some aren't back operating fully yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Myleftpeg

Stepaside has 3 courses. One in the driving range which is decent but busy, Jamestown which is just flicking a wedge around and another one called The Burrow which is a favourite of mine.

Other options would be Marley Park (Astro greens though)
    Glenmill just outside Newtownmountkennedy Wicklow. This is a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Cracking pitch and putt course in Crumlin - Old County.

Played both of these the last couple of weeks. Didn't realised straight away that one is a long course and the other is a Union one. Not bad either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Baymax2020

JP85 wrote: »

Cracking little course spent most of my summers there as a teenager. Think it's only 6e to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Played seapoint over the weekend, it was in gorgeous condition, the greens are lovely. Its €6 for the day, so you can play as many rounds as you like, i managed to fly around twice in a couple of hours sometimes hitting two balls per hole, really enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Glencullen is one of the best in Dublin anyway,
    there is a magical one in doolin aswell right on the seafront

• Advertisement

Played Bohernabreena last weekend

Nice course , set up at the moment with the flags behind the green and no flags in the holes to avoid touch points

Anyone played st Anne's lately ? Last i played it it was in an awful state. Trees badly needed cutting at it was like playing in a tunnel.

Advertisement