Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy text message

Options
  • 13-06-2020 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Got the following text that seems dodgy

Screenshot attached

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

If you have any doubts ring the number on the back of your card.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Scam delete don’t click

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

That is 100% fake. 
    As far as i am aware BOI will only ever contact you by phone. Also the website is https://www.365online.com and that will never change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Btw. I got the text on my Vodafone number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Btw. I got the text on my Vodafone number

I don't think that's relevant. They are probably bulk sending to a random list of numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Screenshot attached
    Hi Duke of Url, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

This would be a fraudulent text. We’d advise that you do not click the link provided and that you’d delete this text. 

Just a reminder that BOI would never contact you by phone, text or email asking you for your account, online or card details. 

If you ever receive correspondence from BOI that you’re unsure of please feel free to link in with us here, we’d be more than happy to confirm it for you. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement