Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the far right sans Tommy made a show of themselves today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Tommy Robinson, you can be forgiven for not knowing him because his real name is Stephen Yakley Lennon, he just chooses to use Tommy Robinson because it's more of an English yobbos name.

He's a far right, violent, convicted felon with disgusting views on most subjects, just in case you genuinely don't who he is and you're not trying to be a smartarse.

The opening post had the name Tommy and no surname so I wanted to know who Tommy was. Context is always handy in posts so others can contribute to the discussion if they don't make the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I understand your concerns but he doesn't stand a chance, too many bad records at the stage.

Also, if he truly believed in the cause where was he today?

He is no one today, but much can happen in 24 hours in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    This thread is just cringe. A one man show.

What did you think of the monument defenders today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

mick087 wrote: »
    Tommy Robinson (Stephen Christopher Yaxley) is not someone who you should dismiss or ignore.

England does not have a serious nationalist party.
    There is a big gap in England for a nationalist party with an emphasis for putting the working class first.

He is from a working class background and appeals to small parts of the working class communites at prescent.

This guy has been to prison a few times for his nationalist extreme views.
    How many politicans have been in prison for what at the time the media called extreme nationalist?

If this guy gets his act togeather, changes his public image becomes more PC gets rid of the far right crew this man could become a real problem.

The last thing i would want to see is this guy get any real serious following or power.
    To many figures of evil was never taken to serious to it was to late.

I have to confess that I'd no idea that fraud was an extreme nationalist view. Or having a false passport. Or being one of the luton FC firm.

Odhinn wrote: »
    I have to confess that I'd no idea that fraud was an extreme nationalist view. Or having a false passport. Or being one of the luton FC firm.

Yes you are quite right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I think the media are not helping in all this.
    They simply are applying different standards to reporting and they are all using central sources to just push the news out.

Look at this report from RTE
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0613/1147235-london-floyd-demonstration/

Just one paragraph i've highlighted
    RTE wrote:
    Police on horseback pushed back demonstrators near the statues of Mandela and Gandhi today as protesters continued to throw objects towards them, including at least one smoke bomb.

Speaking before the clashes, Paul Golding, leader of Britain First, said the crowds had turned out to "guard our monuments", telling the PA news agency: "I am extremely fed up with the way that the authorities have allowed two consecutive weekends of vandalism against our national monuments.

"Anyone who comes along today to try and vandalise them will probably be dealt with by all of these Englishmen that turned up, and they're fed up as well." But when asked about the Nelson Mandela statue, Mr Golding said: "Why should we have a communist terrorist mass murderer in the capital city of England? It doesn't make any sense.

"We would like to see that one go, on good grounds, but the rest of them are our historical heritage.".

Then on the journal.ie
    https://www.thejournal.ie/statue-protests-london-5122207-Jun2020/

This paragraph
    Journal wrote:
    Police on horseback pushed back demonstrators near the statues of Mandela and Gandhi today as protesters continued to throw objects towards them, including at least one smoke bomb.

‘Extremely fed up’

Speaking before the clashes, Paul Golding, leader of Britain First, said the crowds had turned out to “guard our monuments”, telling the PA news agency: “I am extremely fed up with the way that the authorities have allowed two consecutive weekends of vandalism against our national monuments.

“Anyone who comes along today to try and vandalise them will probably be dealt with by all of these Englishmen that turned up, and they’re fed up as well.”

But when asked about the Nelson Mandela statue, Golding said: “Why should we have a communist terrorist mass murderer in the capital city of England? It doesn’t make any sense.

“We would like to see that one go, on good grounds, but the rest of them are our historical heritage.".

No problem, they are all using the same source feeding them the news.
    But they add their own little opinion which is where I see the issue.

The BBC report almost identically but they put in this line
    BBC wrote:
    But despite claims that the day was about defending British heritage, it soon became violent.

Can you imagine any of them reporting a line like "But despite claims that the day was about highlighting that black lives matter, it soon became violent and resulted in rioting and looting"

The media should be staying impartial, otherwise they are inflaming one or both sides.
    By reporting unbiased and staying neutral, all sides might look at themselves instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Thick, nasty sociopathic individuals join either side as a feeble excuse to indulge their appetite for hurting other people. If they weren't attacking the "far right" or "antifa" or "protecting statues" or pulling them down they would be bottling each other in pubs after football matches. They desperately need and deserve each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Throw them into Hyde park and let them at it. Once they are away from decent people who cares if BLM and the football hooligans kill each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Wait. They're giving nazi salutes and protecting statutes of Churchill. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

banie01 wrote: »
    Morons, the lot of them.

The British Establishment wants an underclass of sportswear clad, lager fuelled, Sun reading, Brits-are-top-of-the-world morons. It's why the education system and levels of literacy are so poor. You wouldn't want them to be erudite cosmopolitans openly questioning why their living standards are so inferior to 'the Germans' plus why they're funding the Saxe-Coburg Gotha's to sit on their arses and private schools classed as 'charities'.

This occurs every few years, go out half pissed, throw some aggressive postures and chants, chuck some crash barriers and tables and chairs about, then slink back to your laptop and type bile into Stormfront or the Daily Mail comments section, rinse and repeat, a load of wailing and gnashing of teeth, sound and fury signifying nothing.

Hate Europe, the EU and the Germans but be a raving right arm raised Nazi

Obsess about 'the IRA' and 'Muslims' whilst knowing nothing about either

Posit yourself as an 'anti-establishment rebel' yet worship Murdoch, the Monarchy and the Military.

A lot of it I think stems from the non-existence of England as a national entity, totally subsumed and dominated by imperial Britishness, no official flag, national anthem or seat at the U.N, in an odd sort of way they're even more stateless than the North's nationalists from partition to the GFA.

• Advertisement

dd973 wrote: »
    The British Establishment wants an underclass of sportswear clad, lager fuelled, Sun reading, Brits-are-top-of-the-world morons. It's why the education system and levels of literacy are so poor. You wouldn't want them to be erudite cosmopolitans openly questioning why their living standards are so inferior to 'the Germans' plus why they're funding the Saxe-Coburg Gotha's to sit on their arses and private schools classed as 'charities'.

This occurs every few years, go out half pissed, throw some aggressive postures and chants, chuck some crash barriers and tables and chairs about, then slink back to your laptop and type bile into Stormfront or the Daily Mail comments section, rinse and repeat, a load of wailing and gnashing of teeth, sound and fury signifying nothing.

Hate Europe, the EU and the Germans but be a raving right arm raised Nazi

Obsess about 'the IRA' and 'Muslims' whilst knowing nothing about either

Posit yourself as an 'anti-establishment rebel' yet worship Murdoch, the Monarchy and the Military.

A lot of it I think stems from the non-existence of England as a national entity, totally subsumed and dominated by imperial Britishness, no official flag, national anthem or seat at the U.N, in an odd sort of way they're even more stateless than the North's nationalists from partition to the GFA.

No the worlds Establishment wants and does have a underclass that are uneducated in debt with no decent health system.

They want a puppet middle that are educated have a good health insurance policy and there role is to keep brother fighting brother.

Danzy wrote: »
    Not really, there are Catholic members of the UVF, there are working class people in the left today, there are Jewish Nazis in Israel.

Nothing is ever clear cut.

I doubt there's Catholic UVF members, maybe some criminals who do drug business with them, or possibly some who were born into a mixed marriage but brought up in the Loyalist community.

There are people born in England of Irish parentage whom are indifferent to their heritage, usually the offspring in 1950's-70's emigrants, who went to a crap English comprehensive and are steeped in the 'white, working class Brit' culture, probably been back once as a kid and once to a wedding years later if you asked them their background, but couldn't tell you much about Ireland.

I much prefer the ones who consider themselves wholly or at least part Irish. Who'd want to be a boring Brummie or Cockney?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 white devil

dd973 wrote: »
    I doubt there's Catholic UVF members, maybe some criminals who do drug business with them, or possibly some who were born into a mixed marriage but brought up in the Loyalist community.

There are people born in England of Irish parentage whom are indifferent to their heritage, usually the offspring in 1950's-70's emigrants, who went to a crap English comprehensive and are steeped in the 'white, working class Brit' culture, probably been back once as a kid and once to a wedding years later if you asked them their background, but couldn't tell you much about Ireland.

I much prefer the ones who consider themselves wholly or at least part Irish. Who'd want to be a boring Brummie or Cockney?

Wrong and ignorant comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Wait. They're giving nazi salutes and protecting statutes of Churchill. Lol.

Ohhhhhhhhh, yes!

Wrong and ignorant comment.

I've lived in London and met people I've described, basically 'Tans' with Irish parents, total Lahndaners, with a clueless and cliched stereotyped image of Ireland.

But known others you could have long, interesting conversations with about Ireland, are fully au fait with our politics, history and culture, both past and present, follow their folks GAA counties, know Ireland intimately, have Irish citizenship, basically Irish people born 200 miles to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's not so long since these idiots were seen by most as just that, idiots!

But it's scary how prevalent these moron's "ideas" are becoming. It's scary how many people I personally know will post sh*te on social media in defence of these animals. It's scary how many people I see on a daily basis on this very message board leaning towards these sentiments and defending or aspousing these idiologies. Fake new s is brainwashing the dumb.

"The lefties are just as bad" is not an excuse or defence.

Tommy Robinson is a c*nt! A lot of his supporters are c*nts. There is absolutely no scenario (outside of satire) where giving a Nazi salute or practicing Nazi ideals or politics doesn't make you a c*nt !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Tommy Robinson not even there.

Still makes it to the thread title.

Pathetic and obsessed.

A lot of arrests yesterday apparently.

I don't know if anyone was arrested over tearing down that statue.

It's double standards and sickening. Don't arrest any BLM supporters of any colour.

But castigate Nationalists for thuggery/violence/flouting social distancing etc.

Yet there's still folk who will laugh at youtubers - far-right/not real journalists - for sundry commentary but will take BBC , SKY, The times
    as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It's double standards and sickening. Don't arrest any BLM supporters of any colour.

But castigate Nationalists for thuggery/violence/flouting social distancing etc.

Yet there's still folk who will laugh at youtubers - far-right/not real journalists - for sundry commentary but will take BBC , SKY, The times
    as gospel.

They arrested people last weekend as well.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Tommy Robinson not even there.

Still makes it to the thread title.

Pathetic and obsessed.

Sorry, sure we'll all write a letter of apology to the person in charge of the Tommy Robinson Irish fan club for defaming his good name.

Whats your address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Dublin mother. Scottish born father of Irish heritage.

If the internet can be believed.

His mother is Irish.

I'm not sure how "Irish" his biological father actually is, its quite unclear, perhaps his Irish ancestry is distant.

Personally I would just assume he's half Irish/half Scottish. Still 0% English by heritage though which how some of his supporters would classify English is interesting.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

Haha you thought nobody was arrested last weekend?

Give over.

Haha you thought nobody was arrested last weekend?

Give over.

I was just after hearing the hourly news before my original post. Loads of arrests in many towns/cities in England. One place mentioned had no arrests.

It focussed my mind and I thought to myself: I don't remember hearing about any arrests over the Bristol thing.

His mother is Irish.

I'm not sure how "Irish" his biological father actually is, its quite unclear, perhaps his Irish ancestry is distant.

Personally I would just assume he's half Irish/half Scottish. Still 0% English by heritage though which how some of his supporters would classify English is interesting.

His ma's probably some peroxide, chain smoking tattooed Jackeen harridan, outer suburban London and places like Slough and Luton where he grew up all have this weird admixture where you'd get 50's to 70's manual labour Irish emigrants, their offspring who'd self-identify as Irish/2nd Gen Irish or English, Travellers, English chavs and English romany pikey types all drinking in the same pubs. They'd show GAA matches and Ingurlund on the same night on different screens.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Dublin mother. Scottish born father of Irish heritage.

If the internet can be believed.

So not both Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

FWIW the folks that pushed the bronze lad into the River Avon (while recorded on Class A video evidence), will face no charges.

Loopholes or something.
    Drop a crisp wrapper, likely get an on the spot fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

FWIW the folks that pushed the bronze lad into the River Avon (while recorded on Class A video evidence), will face no charges.

Loopholes or something.
    Drop a crisp wrapper, likely get an on the spot fine.

They are the children of the boss class. Rules are for others.

Given that the vegans have conquered part of the United States, I'd go for them over the pissed up Stella Brigade.

I think if it came to a fight BLM would kill the DFLA who are only a bunch of beer bellied old men trying to relive the hooligans days of their youth.

• Advertisement

as gospel.

Let's never forget how bricks and bicycles being thrown at police horses, 30 police injured and police getting chased and humiliated, was described as "a largely peaceful" protest by the BBC.

And the people wanting to preserve historical monuments are "far right thugs".

Clown world.

Advertisement