Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the far right sans Tommy made a show of themselves today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Danzy wrote: »
    Not really, there are Catholic members of the UVF, there are working class people in the left today, there are Jewish Nazis in Israel.

Nothing is ever clear cut.

Jewish Nazis in Israel are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Car99 wrote: »
    Jewish Nazis in Israel are you sure?
    Lol, yes there are a few, there were anyway, probably got the **** kicked out of them and copped on.

Read it in the Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And the people wanting to preserve historical monuments are "far right thugs".

Clown world.

Indeed.

https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1271819875317497856?s=20

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Danzy wrote: »
    Lol, yes there are a few, there were anyway, probably got the **** kicked out of them and copped on.

Read it in the Guardian

I read somewhere about 2 rabbis who had some twisted logic that said Hitler had the right approach for his circumstances, so they could apply his ideas to the Palestinians, iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lads engaging is hooliganism while indulging in the fantasy that there is some principle or merit to it.

You can say that about a lot of people involved on the other side too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah they are scumbags causing trouble just like the ones last week, 2 sides of the same coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They say a picture can say a thousand words...
    https://twitter.com/Amalkadog/status/1272073921072898049?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

If the photo is genuine then it could be that he is from a working class background looking to be part of something to make him feel that he actually exsists.

Then again he could be a thug looking for trouble.

He could have mental health issues.

Do we know who took the photo? Do we know when this photo was taken? Does the photographer allign to any political organization?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

gmisk wrote: »
    They say a picture can say a thousand words...
    https://twitter.com/Amalkadog/status/1272073921072898049?s=09

Look at the spelling of Britain on that printed flag. They takes stupid to a whole different level

• Registered Users Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Brits, eh ?

Dunno what we're gonna do with 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

His mother is Irish.

I'm not sure how "Irish" his biological father actually is, its quite unclear, perhaps his Irish ancestry is distant.

Personally I would just assume he's half Irish/half Scottish. Still 0% English by heritage though which how some of his supporters would classify English is interesting.

Quarter Irish quarter Scottish Half wit. That sorts out the sums

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

mick087 wrote: »
    If the photo is genuine then it could be that he is from a working class background looking to be part of something to make him feel that he actually exsists.

Do we know who took the photo? Do we know when this photo was taken? Does the photographer allign to any political organization?
    Ya the photographer went over and helped him unleash. Probably works in the City and does this for weekend sport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Jesus H Christ...

WHy does it matter who took the photo?

Yes we know where it as taken, its right beside a ****ing monument to a dead police officer, the kind that these knuckledraggers are there to protect apparently!

Why does it matter what the photographers political leanings are, the camera doesn't lie.

frag420 wrote: »

It could the photo was staged.

Yes we know where it as taken, its right beside a ****ing monument to a dead police officer, the kind that these knuckledraggers are there to protect apparently!
    Was he there to protect the statue or did he have mental health issue or was he there with a differernt aganda?

Why does it matter what the photographers political leanings are, the camera doesn't lie.
    People involved in Politics see things in the way they see the world should be, they will distort and bend the truth.

Yes lets joke make fun of the photo but lets not presume believe this photo is real.

It could the photo was staged.

Was he there to protect the statue or did he have mental health issue or was he there with a differernt aganda?

People involved in Politics see things in the way they see the world should be, they will distort and bend the truth.

Yes lets joke make fun of the photo but lets not presume believe this photo is real.

What did you make of the fake video last week of people in Bristol tearing down a statue of a slave trader and dumping it in the river?

What did you make of the fake video last week of people in Bristol tearing down a statue of a slave trader and dumping it in the river?

That was a video i dont believe it was fake and quite clearly there was many differernt people who filmed it.

But there are questions need answering over the statue being pulled down.

Who pulled the statue down?
    Why did they pull the statue down?
    Who are they accountable to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The police line was between both. Chants of fúck the edl from one side and rule Britannia from the other.

Not that much happened. Everyone enjoyed the sun except the police who had to wear riot gear.

Totally different scenario to what is playing out in the Us where there is no counter protest. BLM and Antifa are turning onto quite the partnership.

That was a video i dont believe it was fake and quite clearly there was many differernt people who filmed it.

But there are questions need answering over the statue being pulled down.

Who pulled the statue down?
    Why did they pull the statue down?
    Who are they accountable to?

ah ok, i see how this works now.

That was a pic I dont believe was fake and quite clearly it is real as the guy has been identified and arrested.

Who pulled the statue down? Look at the video, its real!

Why did they pull the statue down? Really? You're trolling now yeah? Have you not read a newspaper in the last week? Actually no need to answer, its obvious you have not!

Who are they accountable to? Themselves, who is the fat gammon pissing on a memoria; accountable too?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Also bear in mind that Nigel Farage more or less got the sack today so these far right figures or definitely not going far at the moment.

Nigel Farage is not "far right" ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

pinkyeye wrote: »
    By the looks of it they went in all tooled up, drinking cans singing their songs causing mayhem and there was no-one for them to fight with.

Hilarious, the fact the there was no BLM protestors there meant they were left having a go off people having peaceful picnics and the police who they claim to be loyal to.

So let me get this straight.

The BLM and the Antifa and all the rest knew the far right were going to show up, and despite their online essays about how Mosley's men were bate off the streets of East London in the 30's, they were too afraid to show up?

Whether you like the football hooligans or not I thnk the express point of their presence was so show up in force and dissuade the Antifa from showing up.

Seems they achieved that.

If you want some similar laughs in Ireland check out the Connolly Youth Movement on FB. They and their leadership routinely openly call for the assisantion/ execution of establishment politicians and violence against Gardai. To my knowledge the best they have managed is interrupting a speech by Simon Coveney once.

They even put up photos a while back of some very military unfit looking members sheepishly co operating with Gardai evicting them from a squat.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

I think if it came to a fight BLM would kill the DFLA who are only a bunch of beer bellied old men trying to relive the hooligans days of their youth.

I think you would be very much mistaken, plenty of young football hooligans in England too, the stereotype of the fat beer bellied hooligan with union jack and british bulldog tattoos all over them would be quite the minority in those circles these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jay1988 wrote: »
    I think you would be very much mistaken, plenty of young football hooligans in England too, the stereotype of the fat beer bellied hooligan with union jack and british bulldog tattoos all over them would be quite the minority in those circles these days.

That's what the right-wing 'movement' looks like alright. A load of coked-up scumbag English football hooligans who just want to fight police and smash up pubs.

The fact that there's no Euro 2020 this year means that they're spending their summer smashing up their own towns rather than inflicting themselves on European cities.

These are all the same scumbags that set themselves up in an Italian piazza and looks for fights off anyone within bottle throwing distance.

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1271783411087220736?s=20

https://twitter.com/damocrat/status/1271858686743511041?s=20

https://twitter.com/WordsmithHumble/status/1271884338246885376?s=20

That would probably be the absentee fathers of the young hooligans you are talking about...

ah ok, i see how this works now.

That was a pic I dont believe was fake and quite clearly it is real as the guy has been identified and arrested.

Many people get arrested and charged for no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yes the video is 100% real. But who actually pulled it down and danced on the statue? It would be good if they stepped forward and told us who they are.

Why did they pull the statue down? Really? You're trolling now yeah?
    Trolling? Do you find my questions difficult to answer?
    I believe in direct action, and should be used at times but if you use it you better be prepared to stand up and be counted.

Your Trolling comment is totaly rebuffed and not accepted by me.

Have you not read a newspaper in the last week? Actually no need to answer, its obvious you have not!
    I know why the media say it was done. But i would like to know from the people who did this in there own words why they done this.

Who are they accountable to? Themselves, who is the fat gammon pissing on a memoria; accountable too?
    I believe this is the answer they would give to, themeslves that is.

Fat gammon? You dont know the man you dont know his hsitory, that is just a nasty comment.

As for the man, if identified asked him why he did it? Why he was there? Uncloak him lets see who this man is. Once we know for sure there are no mental health issues involved. Get him on the front of every newspaper unmask him. But make sure the facts are correct.

Do you really think these are unreasonable questions?

Many people get arrested and charged for no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Doing wrong things...like pissing against a memorial your are supposedly there ot protect from people that werent there?

Yes the video is 100% real. But who actually pulled it down and danced on the statue? It would be good if they stepped forward and told us who they are.

Like the fat gammon stepped forward and handed himself in?

Why did they pull the statue down? Really? You're trolling now yeah?
    Trolling? Do you find my questions difficult to answer?
    I believe in direct action, and should be used at times but if you use it you better be prepared to stand up and be counted.

Your Trolling comment is totaly rebuffed and not accepted by me.

Ok sweetheart

Have you not read a newspaper in the last week? Actually no need to answer, its obvious you have not!
    I know why the media say it was done. But i would like to know from the people who did this in there own words why they done this.

Those people have been quoted multiple times in the last week across multiple sources of media, if you cant use google then its hardly my fault.

I believe this is the answer they would give to, themeslves that is.

Fat gammon? You dont know the man you dont know his hsitory, that is just a nasty comment.

As for the man, if identified asked him why he did it? Why he was there? Uncloak him lets see who this man is. Once we know for sure there are no mental health issues involved. Get him on the front of every newspaper unmask him. But make sure the facts are correct.

Do you really think these are unreasonable questions?

Does that apply to those that pulled down the statue too? Are you willing to give them the benefit of the doubt too?

Living in London i had a run in with some football hooligans on a few occasions. They are not what you see on TV they are very respectable people. There was 2 particular teams in London im not going to name them :pac:

But there was a problem with racism and Hooliganism within elements of these teams fans.

Not all the fans now 99% was just your normal sports fan but 1% was i dont think was even a football fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Let's never forget how bricks and bicycles being thrown at police horses, 30 police injured and police getting chased and humiliated, was described as "a largely peaceful" protest by the BBC.

And the people wanting to preserve historical monuments are "far right thugs".

Clown world.

You don't recognise that a lot of the people who were there yesterday were far right? Struggling to understand what your point is

There are idiots on both sides. Denying this just makes you look silly. Might get you a few likes from certain corners of this board though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Scum, just like the BLM and Antifa mob.

• Advertisement

Benefit of the doubt???
    Why do you think im asking these questions to begin with?
    Who they was and Why they did it?

Im starting to think your just pulling my leg now.:pac:

Advertisement