Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the far right sans Tommy made a show of themselves today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

BLM have been fighting with the police in the US and UK. Police officers have died in the US.

Yeah. How does that relate to the post you quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Think Douglas Murray calls it right which is why the Left have been going for him.

Just about every UK friend I have, and I have many as well as UK based family, would abhor both BLM and yesterday's mob. They would though if it came to a vote want to either see these statues retained or at least be happy enough to see a vote on it locally. I'd say they are fairly representative of centrist working and middle class UK views on this.

There's a reason why the likes of EDL etc are on the fringe - because most people don't want to have anything to do with them at all. But if things keep on going like they are at the moment the UK is heading into very dangerous waters.This short twitter thread from last week by @Konstantinkisin outlines a nightmare scenario for most people.

Unfortunately for us, this could also have a knock on effect here. I'm not saying how big it would be but look at how many people here consume British media etc.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Maybe they aren't interested in anything. The statues being pulled down it might seem to them that despite the meaning of what the statues represent they might see it as they are losing part of their culture and history.

They might be sick of hearing about how white men are so bad all of the time. All they do is work a job in construction and live in a small house in an estate. They might look around them and feel like they are being replaced in their own country. ( The changing demographics of the Uk) They haven't done anything wrong yet they are as white men are now the villain.

Any objection to the protests or not agreeing with them leads to mocking, name calling (far right, nazi etc) and assault in some cases.

Something is wrong with that. Agree or be punished.

Very good questions i dont have answers, i no longer live in the UK and have not for some time.

But i do see in my estate in Dublin and talking to the folks on the road there is a resentment for anyone non irish who is doing well for themselves. Like you put it a feeling of being replaced in there own country. There is no doubt this is a much more larger view held by some in parts of the UK its something everyone needs to tackle. People fighting on the streets in going to change nothing, only put more fuel on the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Yeah. How does that relate to the post you quoted?

It's not okay for the counter protesters but it's ok for the BLM lads to assault police by the looks of it.

I'm referring to how the media portray it.

30 police officers were injured during a BLM protest. The protest was called "mostly peaceful"

Its reported differently depending on who is involved

mick087 wrote: »
    You wont get any argument on me with this guy.
    I have said if he cleans up his act drops the anger chip gets rid of the right wing crew people will take him serious.

Lots of successful politicians (who they are is debatable i know) have gone a long way with a aggrandisement stance.

Yeah but SYL has absolutely no interest in any of that. He's just in it for himself so waiting for him to have a road to Damascus moment is probably a waste of time. These lads need someone who is actually interested in representing their issues.

Ironically, I think this guy (Short Akala Interview) actually cares more about young lads from poor backgrounds than any SYL or EDL type.

• Advertisement

It's not okay for the counter protesters but it's ok for the BLM lads to assault police by the looks of it.

I'm referring to how the media portray it.

30 police officers were injured during a BLM protest. The protest was called "mostly peaceful"

Its reported differently depending on who is involved

Ok. I haven't said it's ok for BLM lads to assault police so there's no point telling me about it.

I see that kind of behaviour as an end result of being very angry for a long time. We all know why the BLM people are angry (hundreds of years of discrimination) but we have no way to even ask the white lads why they are that angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Very good questions i dont have answers, i no longer live in the UK and have not for some time.

But i do see in my estate in Dublin and talking to the folks on the road there is a resentment for anyone non irish who is doing well for themselves. Like you put it a feeling of being replaced in there own country. There is no doubt this is a much more larger view held by some in parts of the UK its something everyone needs to tackle. People fighting on the streets in going to change nothing, only put more fuel on the fire.

We see this all the time and more often than not they want to bring the non Irish person who does well back down instead of trying to match their success.

As a famous comedian(Lewis CK I think) said and I am paraphrasing, if a poor person from another country comes to your country with very little money, no contacts and does not speak the language and still manages to do better than you, it probably means you're ****!

frag420 wrote: »
    We see this all the time and more often than not they want to bring the non Irish person who does well back down instead of trying to match their success.

As a famous comedian(Lewis CK I think) said and I am paraphrasing, if a poor person from another country comes to your country with very little money, no contacts and does not speak the language and still manages to do better than you, it probably means you're ****!

But why? Why is anyone jelous of anyones Success from another country?
    If you ask these questions your get many a reply some reples total nonsense some have valid point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Ok. I haven't said it's ok for BLM lads to assault police so there's no point telling me about it.

I see that kind of behaviour as an end result of being very angry for a long time. We all know why the BLM people are angry (hundreds of years of discrimination) but we have no way to even ask the white lads why they are that angry.

Refer to my earlier post for possible reason

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You don't recognise that a lot of the people who were there yesterday were far right? Struggling to understand what your point is

There are idiots on both sides. Denying this just makes you look silly. Might get you a few likes from certain corners of this board though

The media amplify any violence on the part of the right. Usually by posting out of context photos and blowing them out of proportion.

In contrast they do everything to hide and downplay violence from the left.

Example, 30 police injured, bricks and bicycles thrown at horses is described in the media as "largely peaceful". I would much prefer one drunk relieving himself beside a monument over that, but that's just me.

• Advertisement

Hundreds of years of discrimination? In the UK there were little or no black people until the 1950s. They migrated there for a better life and obviously didn't find it so unbearable considering the migration has been growing almost exponentially since then .

Mental to see the lefty brigade creaming themselves over far right violence.

We hate them too. It doesn't make your side any better.

If you defend left wing violence, right wing violence doesn't make it ok. It means you are both *****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭gibsmedat

Fair play to them for getting out. Terrible optics though, living up to the drunken idiot stereotype.

Id like to think Irish people will protect our statues when the time comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The media amplify any violence on the part of the right. Usually by posting out of context photos and blowing them out of proportion.

In contrast they do everything to hide and downplay violence from the left.

Example, 30 police injured, bricks and bicycles thrown at horses is described in the media as "largely peaceful". I would much prefer one drunk relieving himself beside a monument over that, but that's just me.

That WPC on the horse also suffered mutpile injuries, broken ribs and a collapsed lung via BLM sending plenty of boris bikes at horse's feet (never a good idea for anyone within 50 meters) .

(Some) of the otherside were also no angels, the worst thing reported today seems to be one thicko taking a leak on a memorial with public toilets mostly still under lockdown. The worst video report was a firework flash and brief incident of thicko vs baton.

Both sides are mucho loco, but the 90% of media, takes a hard n' fast bias.

Hundreds of years of discrimination? In the UK there were little or no black people until the 1950s. They migrated there for a better life and obviously didn't find it so unbearable considering the migration has been growing almost exponentially since then .

I'm not playing that game. You can pretend you don't know about the British empire, slavery and colonisation. But I'm not interested in chatting if that's what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Manach wrote: »
    From reading the Strange death of Europe by Murray, white nativist anger has a lot to do with the enormous culture and demographic changes that have occurred over the previous few generations. That working class has been gelded by a nanny state that only has the vaguest cultural connection to it whilst Leftist leaders are too enraptured with progressive causes, relying on brow-beating tactics of shaming to keep people in line.

Murray probably gets a frisson of libidinal excitement thinking about aggressive, shaven headed men, the British Establishment tolerate these clowns because they'll never be well read enough or have the wherewithal to mount a revolution to rid themselves of the Etonian/Monarchist realm, we saw who our enemies were because they were based elsewhere, the English can't because they're consumed by the conflation of England into Britishness. It's not for nothing the media and schools are so piss poor over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I'm not playing that game. You can pretend you don't know about the British empire, slavery and colonisation. But I'm not interested in chatting if that's what you want to do.

But that wasn't discrimination within the UK, which is the point. Irish people have clearly been discriminated in the UK to a much larger degree. Particularly in the North.

If anything shows the utter Schizophrenia of the UK it is this: protests today and ongoing protests based on an event 4,000 miles away.

Colonial supremacists will march in July 12th and not a jot.

A few beer bellied "fascists" defending the churchill and cenotaph statues in June, the entire nationalist paraphernalia of the remembrance day week month in November defending the same statues and celebrating all the wars. Antifa disappears and the entire population except one Irish footballer is bullied into wearing the poppy. Nobody defends him.

But I'm not interested in chatting if that's what you want to do.

Odd to come onto a discussion forum so.

FVP3 wrote: »
    But that wasn't discrimination within the UK, which is the point. Irish people have clearly been discriminated in the UK to a much larger degree. Particularly in the North.

If anything shows the utter Schizophrenia of the UK it is this: protests today and ongoing protests based on an event 4,000 miles away.

Colonial supremacists will march in July 12th and not a jot.
    Yeah Irish people experienced systemic discrimination in the past too. Thankfully that isn't the case any longer. You'd think it would be easy for Irish people to empathise with a group who are still experiencing discrimination today.

NI is an interesting case alright. I saw a couple of years ago that NI is the worst place in the UK for overt racial discrimination against minorities (per head of population). Hardly surprising when you consider their recent history of sectarian discrimination.

I don't think it's true to say there's " not a jot" about thr matches on the 12 th. There is always plenty of coverage of the march, the parades commission decision on where the can and can't match, where they can play music and where they have to stop while passing Catholic churches, the bonfires, the rioting and police reaction.

I'm any case, how is that related to the post you quoted? The connection between the British empire, African slavery, colonial rule of African and predominantly slave countries like the Caribbean islands, and subsequent discrimination lasting until the present. How is your reply related to that?

Odd to come onto a discussion forum so.

Yeah, if you're going to pretend not to know about the actual events like the British empire envolvement in slavery and colonisation and discrimination against black people, it's strange that you'd come into a discussion forum.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you're going to pretend not to know about the actual events like the British empire envolvement in slavery and colonisation and discrimination against black people, it's strange that you'd come into a discussion forum.

Why would so many people of all races and creeds want to move and live in the UK if there was such discrimination?

We Irish were subject to discrimination in the UK historically but it largely disappeared about 20 years ago. The same applies to black people as the migrants risking life and limb to get there would seem to prove.

Mental to see the lefty brigade creaming themselves over far right violence.

We hate them too. It doesn't make your side any better.

If you defend left wing violence, right wing violence doesn't make it ok. It means you are both *****.

The media will make a big focus on the drunk taking a leak and another tactic they love doing is capturing an angry man shouting at the police in a threatening way in order to imply violence. You know, in the absence of any actual violence.

The media will make a big focus on the drunk taking a leak and another tactic they love doing is capturing an angry man shouting at the police in a threatening way in order to imply violence. You know, in the absence of any actual violence.

Drunk man had a wee...... ****ing racist.

For clarity, I hate right wing nonsense. But to equate it with the ****ing shocking bollocks that is going on in the guise of racial discrimination is appalling.

Very forthcoming the news outlets when it came to arrests etc on yesterday's demo's: 113 arrested and 23 officers injured.

The BLM one/s passed by "peacefully" apparently, or maybe the one did where one of the attendees vox-popped wasn't slow to mention racism :rolleyes: :(

Why would so many people of all races and creeds want to move and live in the UK if there was such discrimination?

We Irish were subject to discrimination in the UK historically but it largely disappeared about 20 years ago. The same applies to black people as the migrants risking life and limb to get there would seem to prove.

Lots of reasons including lack of choices in a lot of cases. The Windrush people thought they'd be welcomed with open arms when they arrived. They had been told Britain was a wondrous place where people were educated, nourished and, above all, justice was available for everyone.

But explore what you said, Irish people were discriminated against until about 20 years ago, but they still emigrated to Britain for years. Why did they do it when boarding houses had signs saying: No blacks, no dogs, no Irish?

Drunk man had a wee...... ****ing racist.

For clarity, I hate right wing nonsense. But to equate it with the ****ing shocking bollocks that is going on in the guise of racial discrimination is appalling.

LOL. Do you think it's because he just had a little wee? No other context?

The lengths some posters go to to pretend not to understand this issue is really interesting to see. I think you can be better.

Patrick Hutchinson a hero, now thats what you call a bllody good guy.
    This sort of man shows you that there is so much good out there.
    Thats a hero thats a guy you buy a drink for it just shows you the good in some folk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭gibsmedat

Patrick Hutchinson a hero, now thats what you call a bllody good guy.
    This sort of man shows you that there is so much good out there.
    Thats a hero thats a guy you buy a drink for it just shows you the good in some folk.

That the fella that saved the white guy getting his head kicked in by black racists?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Manach wrote: »
    From reading the Strange death of Europe by Murray, white nativist anger has a lot to do with the enormous culture and demographic changes that have occurred over the previous few generations. That working class has been gelded by a nanny state that only has the vaguest cultural connection to it whilst Leftist leaders are too enraptured with progressive causes, relying on brow-beating tactics of shaming to keep people in line.

In life it can sometimes be hard to gauge whether someone's opinions should be taken seriously or not. A useful rule of thumb is that if that someone's statements of fact have proven to be consistently factually incorrect, that you might want to take it with a pinch of salt.

There's a Murray who uses the first-name Douglas who writes an awful load of sh!te out there for the contrarian market. He often falls for and repeats Russian disinformation but the contrarian market loves that stuff. Like a crazy George Hooke on coke without the ties to reality. Is that the Murray, you're talking about? Is there a reason you chose to leave out his first name? Were you trying to suggest that he was some kind of authority or intellectual and not some kind of crank?

Don't worry, manach. I know you don't respond so I'll just leave this here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

gibsmedat wrote: »
    Fair play to them for getting out. Terrible optics though, living up to the drunken idiot stereotype.

Id like to think Irish people will protect our statues when the time comes.

A bit late for that, I'm afraid. We got rid of most of your statues. Some were removed by the state while others were blown up by "volunteers".

Advertisement