If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refreshing AV setup and BluRay purchase

Options
  • 14-06-2020 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey folks,

I'm going to be upgrading my home set up soon and was looking for a recommendation for an AVR. I bought my current set up from yourselves when I was building the house (Denon AVR1910 and Q Acoustics 5.1 speakers) which I have been extremely happy with, even the Denon remote! Cheers Kenny :)
    With 4K and all other advancements I need to upgrade and hopefully future-proof for another few years, I was thinking of getting the Denon X550? Is there anything on the market which may be a better option? I'm happy with the 5.1 set up as the room is kitted out for it.
    Also, I was thinking of ordering the Panasonic DMP-BDT380 @ €129 from your site this week, is there any deals or options you can do? Maybe a couple of HDMI cables?

Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

dinsdale70 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm going to be upgrading my home set up soon and was looking for a recommendation for an AVR. I bought my current set up from yourselves when I was building the house (Denon AVR1910 and Q Acoustics 5.1 speakers) which I have been extremely happy with, even the Denon remote! Cheers Kenny :)
    With 4K and all other advancements I need to upgrade and hopefully future-proof for another few years, I was thinking of getting the Denon X550? Is there anything on the market which may be a better option? I'm happy with the 5.1 set up as the room is kitted out for it.
    Also, I was thinking of ordering the Panasonic DMP-BDT380 @ €129 from your site this week, is there any deals or options you can do? Maybe a couple of HDMI cables?

Cheers
    Dave
    Hi Dinsdale70,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

The AVRX550 was a great amp but unfortunately it's completely sold out! I would recommend something like the Yamaha RXV585 ehich is a fantastic 5.1 amplifier that will give 4K passthrough but also more streaming features than the AVRX550! It will run a 5.1 system but also has the option to add two additional Atmos speakers down the line so the amp would be more future proofed than the Denon as well!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203472-yamaha-rxv585-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Also for the Blu Ray Player the DMPBDT380 is a fantastic player but it isn't native 4K, it will only upscale. I would recommend the Sony UBPX500 at £149 which is a very good entry level 4K palyer!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203562-sony-ubpx500-uhd-blu-ray-player.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

dinsdale70 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Cheers
    Dave
    Hi Dinsdale70,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

The AVRX550 was a great amp but unfortunately it's completely sold out! I would recommend something like the Yamaha RXV585 ehich is a fantastic 5.1 amplifier that will give 4K passthrough but also more streaming features than the AVRX550! It will run a 5.1 system but also has the option to add two additional Atmos speakers down the line so the amp would be more future proofed than the Denon as well!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203472-yamaha-rxv585-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Also for the Blu Ray Player the DMPBDT380 is a fantastic player but it isn't native 4K, it will only upscale. I would recommend the Sony UBPX500 at £149 which is a very good entry level 4K palyer!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203562-sony-ubpx500-uhd-blu-ray-player.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.