Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should high-risk countries be allowed into Ireland?

Options
  • 14-06-2020 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭

I was speaking to a Brazilian acquaintance of mine and he said that his parents are coming over to the green Isle for a vacation in August.
    Apparently they were able to rearrange their flights.
    He seemed to have no problem with it at all.

Considering what's going on in Brazil at the moment, should this be allowed?
    I certainly don't think they will have it under control in the next 6-8 weeks. And we are simply increasing exposure on a massive scale.

Tourists from a red zone hotspot country. Do they just self declare and everyone hopes for the best or are they forced into mandatory isolation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

No, but they will be allowed in. Just look at Britain and America, can't imagine banning tourists from there, there would be uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    No, but they will be allowed in. Just look at Britain and America, can't imagine banning tourists from there, there would be uproar

My own upper management were looking at coming over to Dublin from the UK even though the scare about the epidemic was already out there. This was just 1 or 2 days before the lockdown. Yet they were taking no heed of that.

I have zero trust in anyone from the UK coming to Ireland.
    This whole idea of the CTA should be paused during times of global crises. They still have hundreds of deaths & new infections per day.

My friends folks are coming over to visit, my neighbours are going over to Prague with a 10 month old child for a week long vacation.

It's like a global pandemic does not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

4 months into Pandemic "ah yea, wear a mask there"

All a joke.

If it even exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

wandererz wrote: »
    My own upper management were looking at coming over to Dublin from the UK even though the scare about the epidemic was already out there. This was just 1 or 2 days before the lockdown. Yet they were taking no heed of that.

I have zero trust in anyone from the UK coming to Ireland.
    This whole idea of the CTA should be paused during times of global crises. They still have hundreds of deaths & new infections per day.

My friends folks are coming over to visit, my neighbours are going over to Prague with a 10 month old child for a week long vacation.

It's like a global pandemic does not exist.

Yeah but some people couldn’t care less, are not risk averse, understand the minuscule chances of dying from it and want to get on now with the rest of their lives. I want to get away myself right now but only to a country where I will not be asked to jump through so many coronavirus hoops (masks, stand 7 feet apart etc), it makes it barely worth considering in the first place.

Advertisement