Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA: What happens if I don't sign in to Intreo office

Options
  • 14-06-2020 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I just got approved for the JSA and in the letter and it says if I am fully unemployed, I am required to sign in to my local Intreo office at a specified date. What's the reason for this and do I have to do this every so often? And if I don't I'm guessing the stop the JSA payments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Mr_j wrote: »
    I just got approved for the JSA and in the letter and it says if I am fully unemployed, I am required to sign in to my local Intreo office at a specified date. What's the reason for this and do I have to do this every so often? And if I don't I'm guessing the stop the JSA payments?

Yes depending on your office could be every week, fortnight, month couple months. Varies depending on office from what I've seen.
    To prove you're complying with the rules.
    Yup will be stopped and you'll have to have a valid reason otherwise they won't restart the payments.

Its not a big deal you literally show up on the day wait in line if there is one, sign a piece of paper that says you're actively looking for work blah blah blah and off ya trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

Signing has been suspended for now due to COVID. They should inform you when you are next required to sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 uet69248

Signing has been suspended for now due to COVID. They should inform you when you are next required to sign.

Can anyone add to this - or confirm it, please? I have searched up and down for more information - but I cannot find any. I understand signing has been suspended 'until further notice', but similar to the OP - I have been given a date to sign on, the office remains open - so I am confused. I will be ringing to confirm - but if anyone could confirm or add to the above, it would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

uet69248 wrote: »
    Can anyone add to this - or confirm it, please? I have searched up and down for more information - but I cannot find any. I understand signing has been suspended 'until further notice', but similar to the OP - I have been given a date to sign on, the office remains open - so I am confused. I will be ringing to confirm - but if anyone could confirm or add to the above, it would be very much appreciated.

https://www.gov.ie/pdf/?file=https://assets.gov.ie/71416/f4ddd8370d8a4d4b89ca998c92d8a525.pdf#page=null

• Registered Users Posts: 4 uet69248

mystic wrote: »

Thank you very much for responding - I do appreciate it. I have seen this, but with the office remaining open - and the letter awarding my claim saying to sign on the 23rd - I don't know what to think. I am starting to lean towards it still being suspended though, regardless of the letter - maybe the offices are open for all other business except signing? And the 'you must sign on the 23rd' could have been an automatically generated date, by some software or something - a software unaware of social distancing, and so on...

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

uet69248 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for responding - I do appreciate it. I have seen this, but with the office remaining open - and the letter awarding my claim saying to sign on the 23rd - I don't know what to think. I am starting to lean towards it still being suspended though, regardless of the letter - maybe the offices are open for all other business except signing? And the 'you must sign on the 23rd' could have been an automatically generated date, by some software or something - a software unaware of social distancing, and so on...

Thanks again.

Ring your local office and ask, don't want the pain of dealing with not signing on the chance ya don't have to and turns out ya did.
    40 sec phone call you'll know

• Registered Users Posts: 6 garcia98

Hi, im wondering if you had to sign on after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mekirin

garcia98 wrote: »
    Hi, im wondering if you had to sign on after all?

For the moment signing on is temporarily suspended. I'm not sure when people are expected to sign on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Yes depending on your office could be every week, fortnight, month couple months. Varies depending on office from what I've seen.
    To prove you're complying with the rules.
    Yup will be stopped and you'll have to have a valid reason otherwise they won't restart the payments.

Its not a big deal you literally show up on the day wait in line if there is one, sign a piece of paper that says you're actively looking for work blah blah blah and off ya trot.

Signing is every 4th week for JA and JB. If you live more than a certain distance (may depend on office) from the nearest office you will be sent monthly dockets to return and only present at the office every 12th week to sign. If you are over 62 you only sign yearly. If you are on Jobpath (Seetac, Turas Nua, local employment group) you do not sign on while engaged with them but only after you receive a letter from the local office informing you of this
    Signing is on a digital pad, you swipe your PSC and sign. In some circumstances this may not work and you will be given a paper form to complete.
    Some offices are piloting online signing.
    Some people may be required to sign weekly or even daily.
    If you do not sign on your payment will be suspended until you do.
    Once you have signed on the digital pad the first time you should receive texts reminding you of your next sign on date. If you collect your payment from the post office your next signing date should be at the bottom of your slip. But ultimitely it is your responsibilty to know when your next date is.
    Depending on the size your local office could have sign on days from once in 4 weks to 10 times a month so your date may not be the same as someone elses

Signing was suspended in March due to Covid 19 until September but has now been moved out until January 2021. Your local office will have this date for you, a quick phonecall will confirm this. Offices are open in a limited capacity only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

tringle wrote: »
    Signing was suspended in March due to Covid 19 until September but has now been moved out until January 2021. Your local office will have this date for you, a quick phonecall will confirm this. Offices are open in a limited capacity only.

Interesting, I was told yesterday 30 September but to check back closer to the date. Really hoping to be back in work by then, but I thought that about the August date too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Caranica wrote: »
    Interesting, I was told yesterday 30 September but to check back closer to the date. Really hoping to be back in work by then, but I thought that about the August date too.

It could be office dependent so yes do check back. And if anyone ever does miss a sign on day just go in the next day or as soon as you can and sign.

Advertisement