Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Overheal wrote: »
    What does blackness or being an alleged child abuser have to do with it

He was convicted so not alleged.

There are people saying he was shot because he was black, MSNBC made him sound like a saint who was shot unarmed.

He was shot because he pointed a weapon at police, nothing else.

The Mayor should be shaking their hands but instead it is the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Them officers wanted to go home alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    what if they let him run off and he uses the taser on some innocent passerby, would that be ok?

No that would be assault and more charges for him. What an odd question.

So man with numerous other convictions including Torture of children, Drink drives, Police try to arresst him peaceful, he attacks them steal a taser and tries to use it on the police,
    ,I mentioned his previous as it shows he can not be trusted and liable to do anything, In the video he went from calm to nuts in the blink of the eye,

The police where right to take no chances when he had a weapon and proved he was willing to use it

His own actions caused His own death

It's the political and media reaction to this which is incredibly disturbing.

The worst of the worst is made an innocent saint, driving on violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

No that would be assault and more charges for him. What an odd question.

Odd question to you, cops are there to protect the public if they let him run off with the taser he was a danger to the public, keep up.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    He was convicted so not alleged.

There are people saying he was shot because he was black, MSNBC made him sound like a saint who was shot unarmed.

He was shot because he pointed a weapon at police, nothing else.

The Mayor should be shaking their hands but instead it is the opposite.

His standing convictions are irrelevant to the moment in hand, at the point he chose to resist arrest and wrestle the police all that matters is detaining the perp with the least continuum of force possible so justice for resisting arrest and stealing a weapon is meted out in court not splattered across the pavement.

Odd question to you, cops are there to protect the public if they let him run off with the taser he was a danger to the public, keep up.

The public has been very vocal in objecting to the use of excessive force so square that up

I would have treated the situation the same.
    He already showed he was a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The cops would have know he had priors or had just done something from his reactionto a simple traffic stop
    that would have make them more inclined to take no chances when he got there weapon

I would have treated the situation the same.
    He already showed he was a threat.

Glad you wouldn’t pass the psychological evaluation in many academies.

• Advertisement

The public has been very vocal in objecting to the use of excessive force so square that up

Im sure they wouldnt like some drunk career criminal running around with a cop taser, tasers have killed people before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His standing convictions are irrelevant to the moment in hand, at the point he chose to resist arrest and wrestle the police all that matters is detaining the perp with the least continuum of force possible so justice for resisting arrest and stealing a weapon is meted out in court not splattered across the pavement.

Not when he tries to use it on them, he wrote his own story in that moment

Glad you wouldn’t pass the psychological evaluation in many academies.

Yes I would, I don't plan on ever having to kill but if it's warranted.

I would usually like to use words first to Dr escalate but that ain't always going to work.

The cops would have know he had priors or had just done something from his reactionto a simple traffic stop
    that would have make them more inclined to take no chances when he got there weapon

While he was exceptionally bad, his actions that night alone ensured his death.

His history just means we can be glad his family and community are now safer.

It doesn't change the justification, pity he didn't want to go to court, his choice.

Im sure they wouldnt like some drunk career criminal running around with a cop taser, tasers have killed people before.

Yes when cops used them. And even then it requires assault with the taser lasting quite a while, generally officers who murdered someone electrified their victims multiple times for extended durations. He wasn’t aiming it at any bystander. He was fleeing when he fired off a wild drunken shot behind him, which missed, and even if it had hit the probability of piercing a barb through a police uniform is low, and both barbs need to make the circuit. You can ward off a taser with thick pants and a hoodie nevermind a bullet proof vest.

While he was exceptionally bad, his actions that night alone ensured his death.

Alone my ass

His history just means we can be glad his family and community are now safer.

It doesn't change the justification, pity he didn't want to go to court, his choice.

Cops choice ultimately.

Yes when cops used them. And even then it requires assault with the taser lasting quite a while, generally officers who murdered someone electrified their victims multiple times for extended durations. He wasn’t aiming it at any bystander. He was fleeing when he fired off a wild drunken shot behind him, which missed, and even if it had hit the probability of piercing a barb through a police uniform is low, and both barbs need to make the circuit. You can ward off a taser with thick pants and a hoodie nevermind a bullet proof vest.

Good that you agree that a taser can cause serious harm including death. He was danger to the public simple as, if hes willing to fight and rob a police officer hes willing to cause harm to the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Just curious after reading up on this event.But why didn't the other officer deploy his taser,since the other officer's one was taken?I know hindsight and all,but surely that other officer would have considered it instead of allowing him to be shot in the back.Or am I confused on the situation?

• Advertisement

Cops choice ultimately.

Why didn't those working class people let the violent drunk shoot at them, didn't they know the outrage it would cause among rich white people.

Why didn't those working class people let the violent drunk shoot at them, didn't they know the outrage it would cause among rich white people.

Their choice, rich white people pay their bills.

Just curious after reading up on this event.But why didn't the other officer deploy his taser,since the other officer's one was taken?I know hindsight and all,but surely that other officer would have considered it instead of allowing him to be shot in the back.Or am I confused on the situation?

Why didn't he let a very violent man fire some weapon at them?

Hmm

Their choice, rich white people pay their bills.

Doesn't mean that they are expandable. Their lives secondary to the latest social concerns of the bourgeoisie.

One of the tasers was fired 3 times, having 3 stored pairs of barns and I would assume one common energy pack. So the 2nd taser in the situation was empty, unless it had a stun gun/direct contact feature.

Doesn't mean that they are expandable. Their lives secondary to the latest social concerns of the bourgeoisie.

Nobody said their lives are expendable. Neither cops life was in danger of being expended when they chose to escalate to deadly force.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

The officer who was chasing him had deployed his taser and was trying to shock him as he ran; it clearly didn't connect properly.

From the video it looks to me like Rayshard Brooks fired the taser behind him in the direction of the chasing officer; at which point the chasing officer dropped his taser, drew his sidearm, and shot him as brooks continued trying to flee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Odhinn wrote: »
    So you're saying that there isn't a problem with police violence?

There's a problem with violence in general and as a result police violence.

He did it missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Righty

Apparently he wasn’t driving, he was asleep in the parking lot.
    Nobody says a taser isn’t a weapon, but the cops say it’s a non lethal weapon.

I'm sorry but have you actually watched the bodycam footage? Clearly shows he is sitting in line for the drive thru, how do you get into a line of a drive thru without driving?

Advertisement