Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Brooks escalated it once he knew he was being arrested.That's all him continuing to escalate the situation.Instead of owning up he messed up and accept his punishment which would have been jail.

Indeed, but only 1 of the groups involved is trained to de-escalate exactly these sorts of situations and only one side arrived on scene with multiple lethal weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How many times have you seen interviews of family and colleagues go on tv and talk about what a scumbag the person was?

Have you just arrived on the planet? This guy could literally be the source of all evil in the world and not a single person would say a bad word about him in this current climate.

If anyone said anything negative about this guy automatically = racist/trump/destroy.

And the poster mentioning his daughter waiting for daddy to bring her skating...this cnut should be in prison, he is only out because of the Corona virus and instead he was drink driving and had passed out in his car, this are the facts, the story about him bringing his daughter on a trip is the mental gymnastics certain people search for.

Yano everytime you scream racism it dilutes the the real issue

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Overheal wrote: »
    In response to a narrative on the thread that, if they didn’t shoot him in the back he would have gone home to torture his child.

Not one person has said that ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Speaking of that I ran out of the house one night to avoid an imminent belting because I was struggling with my math homework (**** you not). I fled into the city of Gainesville for about 2-3 hours, yet somehow police never asked me about it, when I eventually came home. I was 11. But you’d think when I got home officers would have liked to interview me or search the house or file some kind of report or inspect me for bodily harm. Nope. Too white and white collar to harass I guess. No social worker ever followed up. They just took his word because he called in a missing child. I couldn’t imagine being black in America and not have all of that happen.

That responsibility would be the parent who wasn't going to belt you,to file a report with the officers.Who in turn would make the offender go somewhere else.And a file/request would then be sent to Social Services/Child Protection.
    That is usually the departmental procedure.

So if one of your parents didn't file a complaint,isn't much the police can do.

Speaking of that I ran out of the house one night to avoid an imminent belting because I was struggling with my math homework (**** you not). I fled into the city of Gainesville for about 2-3 hours, yet somehow police never asked me about it, when I eventually came home. I was 11. But you’d think when I got home officers would have liked to interview me or search the house or file some kind of report or inspect me for bodily harm. Nope. Too white and white collar to harass I guess. No social worker ever followed up. They just took his word because he called in a missing child. I couldn’t imagine being black in America and not have all of that happen.

What has this got to do with a man attacking cops, taking there taser and trying to use it on them ?

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Have you just arrived on the planet? This guy could literally be the source of all evil in the world and not a single person would say a bad word about him in this current climate.

If anyone said anything negative about this guy automatically = racist/trump/destroy.

And the poster mentioning his daughter waiting for daddy to bring her skating...this cnut should be in prison, he is only out because of the Corona virus and instead he was drink driving and had passed out in his car, this are the facts, the story about him bringing his daughter on a trip is the mental gymnastics certain people search for.

Sorry I was being sarcastic in my post.I'll work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Wtf has racism got to do with this? You must be joking. This is an American man to start with, living in the US. In a country which for 400 years saw black people as slaves, then introduced Jim Crow laws, segregation, redlining, discriminatory policing and brutality which the highest level of government admits to including the president and you ask wtf racism has to do with it? Maybe don't comment on posts to do with issues in a foreign country if you lack the willingness to understand what is actually happening there. I know its easy to have an opinion on everything American since their culture and news is consumed everywhere, but at least first try and consume some more information pertaining to policing and systemic racism in the US.

Turns out he didn't deserve what he got, as the cops were fired and the US government and President are speaking out about police reform and actively working on that as we speak.

The empath speaketh. There was absolutely no racial element to how he was treated. The officers were gent's and treated him kindly, politely and mannerly until he started swinging at THEM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

JJayoo wrote: »

He's a cnut now, too? Classy. People in the US shouldn't be in prison with the key thrown away actually, and this is part of the problem and talks for reform due to bias. Black people are known to get targeted, arrested and longer sentences than whites for the exact same crime. The US is known to have the highest prison population in the world, the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.
    Talk about mental gymnastics.

In response to a narrative on the thread that, if they didn’t shoot him in the back he would have gone home to torture his child.
    I never said that.I'm only posting about the actions he chose to do that resulted with his death.As far as I am concerned,he served his time for the crimes he was convicted of in the past.

Wtf has racism got to do with this? You must be joking. This is an American man to start with, living in the US. In a country which for 400 years saw black people as slaves, then introduced Jim Crow laws, segregation, redlining, discriminatory policing and brutality which the highest level of government admits to including the president and you ask wtf racism has to do with it? Maybe don't comment on posts to do with issues in a foreign country if you lack the willingness to understand what is actually happening there. I know its easy to have an opinion on everything American since their culture and news is consumed everywhere, but at least first try and consume some more information pertaining to policing and systemic racism in the US.

Turns out he didn't deserve what he got, as the cops were fired and the US government and President are speaking out about police reform and actively working on that as we speak.

That's some gymnastics there ,

The incident was because of his actions NOT BECAUSE OF HIS COLOUR
    He's actions where because he was a felon and knew he was violating parole

His felony where against fellow black people so again NOT BECAUSE OF COLOUR

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    Indeed, but only 1 of the groups involved is trained to de-escalate exactly these sorts of situations and only one side arrived on scene with multiple lethal weapons.
    So tell me in your infinite knowledge.How would you de-escalate a situation where you are physically fighting a perp and he takes your taser?Say what I'm sorry can we be friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

That's some gymnastics there ,

The incident was because of his actions NOT BECAUSE OF HIS COLOUR
    He's actions where because he was a felon and knew he was violating parole

His felony where against fellow black people so again NOT BECAUSE OF COLOUR

didn't go through this whole thread, but here's what happened:

The empath speaketh. There was absolutely no racial element to how he was treated. The officers were gent's and treated him kindly, politely and mannerly until he started swinging at THEM.

Proud to have empathy, you might try it sometime.

Too bad you're wrong that there was no racial element involved. This has already been established by researchers and government, and is sanctioned in legislation. All police officers have to do is state they were in fear, and they would not be accountable. Research and statistics and history all support the fact that fear of Black people, men especially, was a racist rhetoric that was pushed for years and literally legislated into existence. Cops are often not prosecuted due to factors such as police unions, district attorneys who's decision it is to prosecute or not, and a technicality in the law which says if they FEARED for their life then the force was warranted.
    The current (Republican even) government and President have all acknowledged the biased and discriminatory policing and are currently working on massive reforms. Some police departments have already started on that.

So tell me in your infinite knowledge.How would you de-escalate a situation where you are physically fighting a perp and he takes your taser?Say what I'm sorry can we be friends?

You actually use your training. Firearms and shooting to kill should be a last resort but it was the FIRST resort. Rayshard was shot multiple times in the back. He was not a threat.

And included within the reforms the US government and individual cities are working on RIGHT NOW, is that there will be appropriately trained professionals to respond to non-violent issues within the community. In the future, that is who will be responding to calls like these.

He's a cnut now, too? Classy. People in the US shouldn't be in prison with the key thrown away actually, and this is part of the problem and talks for reform due to bias. Black people are known to get targeted, arrested and longer sentences than whites for the exact same crime. The US is known to have the highest prison population in the world, the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.
    Talk about mental gymnastics.

Im sorry but what kind of crock of sh*te is this
    Regardless of why he got killed some think Police used the correct force, some think it was to much, That's a debate but he was not a good man he abused Children ,he caught for numerous crimes committed for over 10 years ,

The man was didn't give dame about the law and that's how he kept ending up in the situation , He was drink driving that night , to call him a **** wouldn't be a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Incorrect.

What has this got to do with a man attacking cops, taking there taser and trying to use it on them ?

Has to do with a man who was transformed into a criminal for doing the same thing as my father - who was not.

Incorrect.

Do you know there is a difference between WOULD & COULD ,

Has to do with a man who was transformed into a criminal for doing the same thing as my father - who was not.

He had numerous other charges before that , so he was already a criminal

Do you know there is a difference between WOULD & COULD ,

My that’s desperate.

• Advertisement

Brooks transformed himself into a criminal by doing criminal things.Proof is in the pudding.Your issues with your father has nothing to do with the Brooks case.

Brooks transformed himself into a criminal by doing criminal things.Proof is in the pudding.

My father did criminal things but was not labeled a criminal. Where’s that pudding?

Im sorry but what kind of crock of sh*te is this
    Regardless of why he got killed some think Police used the correct force, some think it was to much, That's a debate butt he was not a good man he abused Children ,he caught for numerous crimes committed for over 10 years ,

The man was didn't give dame about the law and that's how he kept ending up in the situation , He was drink driving that night , to call him a **** wouldn't be a stretch

What exactly is a crock of sh*te? Your gaslighting, that's what.

He was a good man, which those who knew him best attested to so your random internet keyboard warrior judgment isn't relevant here.

Police didn't use the correct force, in fact. His own police dept fired him, and the US government including the US President is now currently acknowledging police bias and brutality and are working on reforms as we type.
    Next.

Yes it has. If not verbatim it was more than implied if not outright stated in a different way. I'll waste time finding the specific posts if I must, but I recall one in particular saying it was a good thing he was taken out so he couldn't return home to abuse his children,

You're great at the gaslighting but unfortunately the receipts are here in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 averagejoesgym

Would the normal thing in this situation not be to let him run. Get details form his car registration and call to wherever he lives the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Would the normal thing in this situation not be to let him run. Get details form his car registration and call to wherever he lives the next day.

Exactly, or last resort get his leg so he cant run etc.

He was not a threat the had a taser not a gun ffs! And besides he was by himself against 2 police men!

He died from two bullets in his back... totally unacceptable. Just glad I dont live over there!!

What exactly is a crock of sh*te? Your gaslighting, that's what.

He was a good man, which those who knew him best attested to so your random internet keyboard warrior judgment isn't relevant here.

Police didn't use the correct force, in fact. His own police dept fired him, and the US government including the US President is now currently acknowledging police bias and brutality and are working on reforms as we type.
    Next.

Some of his crimes including obstructing an officer, family battery violence, possessing weapons during a crime, receiving stolen property, felony cruelty to children, interfering with custody, false imprisonment, snatching his children without permission from the mother, and battery

ye absolute credit to his mother ,

ye absolute credit to his mother ,

He certainly is a credit to his father, who spoke out about what a wonderful human being he is. He was a credit to his wife of 8 years, who also spoke about that. And he was also a credit to his work place who spoke out about how absolutely amazing he was and how his clients looked for him the most.

Get over yourself.

My father did criminal things but was not labeled a criminal. Where’s that pudding?

Is this thread about your father now?I'm just trying to keep up.

• Advertisement

Not really as he already showed signs of aggression and armed with a weapon.

Advertisement