Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Is this thread about your father now?I'm just trying to keep up.

Is this thread about your completely unrelated opinions of a man in a different country to ours who was killed? And his killers were fired and the govt of that country acknowledging bias and fault and huge systemic issues in their police force that they're now working on reforming?
    I'm keeping up on this high level bs, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is this thread about your father now?I'm just trying to keep up.

It's about treating someone like an animal because they were convicted of child cruelty and violated their parole. Where have I gone off topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Stateofyou wrote: »
    He certainly is a credit to his father, who spoke out about what a wonderful human being he is. He was a credit to his wife of 8 years, who also spoke about that. And he was also a credit to his work place who spoke out about how absolutely amazing he was and how his clients looked for him the most.

Get over yourself.

For god sake the fella was drunk as hell that night , Yep defo a model citizen

Not really as he already showed signs of aggression and armed with a weapon.

Dylan Roof was armed with a weapon and shot and murdered 9 people who was calmly arrested and taken to Burger King on the way to jail.

But his civil rights! This was claimed in the aftermath:
    "A criminal suspect is entitled to humane treatment, no matter how heinous the alleged crime. If you were not treated humanely, for instance if you were deprived of food and water or if you were beaten either during police questioning or while in a holding cell, your rights may have been violated."

Ye model citizen

certainly no rabid animal to be simply "put down"

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    My father did criminal things but was not labeled a criminal. Where’s that pudding?
    A man attacked police, stole there weapon and fire it at them, All over a simply DUI ,

No disrespect but what in gods name has your da got to do with this ?

Im out this thread has gone banana's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Is this thread about your completely unrelated opinions of a man in a different country to ours who was killed? And his killers were fired and the govt of that country acknowledging bias and fault and huge systemic issues in their police force that they're now working on reforming?

You just keep pulling things out of your ass at this point to prove your right.You have no idea what nationality I am or my experience.So by all means spout your BS in order to make yourself sound intelligent.

Ye model citizen

Yeah, it seems he was well on his way.

What he was, actually, was a loving husband. A loving father. And it sounds like a colleague I would be happy to have. Tough if you don't like it. And why is it again, that you don't like the accounts of his character from those closest to him and knew him best?

A man attacked police, stole there weapon and fire it at them, All over a simply DUI ,

Well as you and other murder-mongers have pointed out it wasn't simple DUI it was violation of parole and 'omg he could go home and torture his child' etc. so I feel perfectly within bounds to bring up my own child cruelty experience. But, bye here's your coat.

certainly no rabid animal to be simply "put down"

What would you call a man who for no reason attack Police steals a weapon and tries to us it on them ? ??

• Advertisement

You just keep pulling things out of your ass at this point to prove your right.You have no idea what nationality I am or my experience.So by all means spout your BS in order to make yourself sound intelligent.

*...to prove you're right.*

Ah, did I get your nationality wrong? My apologies, I'll amend:

Is this thread about your completely unrelated opinions of a man whom you don't know who was killed? And his killers were fired and the govt of that country acknowledging bias and fault and huge systemic issues in their police force that they're now working on reforming?

Well as you and other murder-mongers have pointed out it wasn't simple DUI it was violation of parole and 'omg he could go home and torture his child' etc. so I feel perfectly within bounds to bring up my own child cruelty experience. But, bye here's your coat.

It was simple DUI for the police until he went nuts ,

Your free to bring it up but has no relevance to what happened in this incident ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

What exactly is a crock of sh*te? Your gaslighting, that's what.

He was a good man, which those who knew him best attested to so your random internet keyboard warrior judgment isn't relevant here.

Police didn't use the correct force, in fact. His own police dept fired him, and the US government including the US President is now currently acknowledging police bias and brutality and are working on reforms as we type.
    Next.

How many convictions does someone need to have before they're a "bad man" in your book.

It was simple DUI for the police until he went nuts ,

Your free to bring it up but has no relevance to what happened in this incident ,

Of course it does, he wouldn't be in that situation if police hadn't treated him differently his entire life. My father has performed child cruelty, assault and battery, DUI, attempted murder charges at one stage even but he's never seen the inside of a prison, save some very brief stints in the jail before posting bail. White as snow.

Yeah, it seems he was well on his way.

What he was, actually, was a loving husband. A loving father. And it sounds like a colleague I would be happy to have. Tough if you don't like it. And why is it again, that you don't like the accounts of his character from those closest to him and knew him best?

Because they’re biased as hell.

So now it's finally being acknowledged as "a simple DUI." Finally, we've arrived. To the realisation that others simply get a ticket and have their car towed, and live to see another day with their families whilst facing consequences in the justice system.

Rodin wrote: »
    Because they’re biased as hell.

No, you're biased. They're actually the ones in the know. Because ya know, they know him as opposed to a keyboard warrior with an uniformed opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Proud to have empathy, you might try it sometime.

Too bad you're wrong that there was no racial element involved. This has already been established by researchers and government, and is sanctioned in legislation. All police officers have to do is state they were in fear, and they would not be accountable. Research and statistics and history all support the fact that fear of Black people, men especially, was a racist rhetoric that was pushed for years and literally legislated into existence. Cops are often not prosecuted due to factors such as police unions, district attorneys who's decision it is to prosecute or not, and a technicality in the law which says if they FEARED for their life then the force was warranted.
    The current (Republican even) government and President have all acknowledged the biased and discriminatory policing and are currently working on massive reforms. Some police departments have already started on that.

Waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle. The police were called because he was passed out drunk in his car in line for Wendy’s drivethru. But shure RACISM!!!! Everything that happened after that was caused by his ACTIONS, not his skin colour.

You actually use your training. Firearms and shooting to kill should be a last resort but it was the FIRST resort. Rayshard was shot multiple times in the back. He was not a threat.

And included within the reforms the US government and individual cities are working on RIGHT NOW, is that there will be appropriately trained professionals to respond to non-violent issues within the community. In the future, that is who will be responding to calls like these.

Non-violent incidents hahahahaha. He hospitalised one police officer and shot at the other.

How many convictions does someone need to have before they're a "bad man" in your book.

I don't necessarily judge people based on their past mistakes. List yours out here and lets dissect.

• Advertisement

Waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle. The police were called because he was passed out drunk in his car in line for Wendy’s drivethru. But shure RACISM!!!! Everything that happened after that was caused by his ACTIONS, not his skin colour.

No the actions were fueled by skin color. Implicit bias by the officers, implicit bias by the perp who has seen cops of late be the most violent they have been all century. Not to mention the lifetime of living in a racist society that turned him into a criminal while some others are left alone to live their best white collar life...

I love waffles! Butter and Canadian maple syrup... the best!!

Yep, as the top US leaders and the President have concluded, in their own country and jurisdiction, bias/racism in the police force exists.
    Next!

Non-violent incidents hahahahaha. He hospitalised one police officer and shot at the other.

Way to miss the point of the post.
    there will be appropriately trained professionals to respond to non-violent issues within the community.

He certainly is a credit to his father, who spoke out about what a wonderful human being he is. He was a credit to his wife of 8 years, who also spoke about that. And he was also a credit to his work place who spoke out about how absolutely amazing he was and how his clients looked for him the most.

Get over yourself.

The clients must have been scratching their heads recently when he’d been in prison.

To those saying he was a good man...
    He had convictions for:

Simple Battery
    Family Violence Battery
    Cruelty to children
    Handling stolen goods
    False Imprisonment
    Obstructing a Police Officer
    Criminal interference with govt property

To those saying he was a good man...
    He had convictions for:

Simple Battery
    Family Violence Battery
    Cruelty to children
    Handling stolen goods
    False Imprisonment
    Obstructing a Police Officer
    Criminal interference with govt property

Are these a death sentence?

I don't necessarily judge people based on their past mistakes. List yours out here and lets dissect.

I've no convictions for a start...

I've no convictions for a start...

Awful tell there

So now it's finally being acknowledged as "a simple DUI." Finally, we've arrived. To the realisation that others simply get a ticket and have their car towed, and live to see another day with their families whilst facing consequences in the justice system.

Ye people who comply with the police not lunatics who attack them, steal a weapon and fire it at then

• Advertisement

Are these a death sentence?

No. They are arguments against him being a "good man" or a "family man". He received 22 years in total for his convictions.

But resisting arrest, followed by punching a police officer, followed by stealing his weapon followed by discharging said weapon at him most certainly is a death sentence. He deserved no benefit of the doubt by the police officer.

Advertisement