Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rodin wrote: »
    No. They are arguments against him being a "good man" or a "family man".

But resisting arrest, followed by punching a police officer, followed by stealing his weapon followed by discharging said weapon at him most certainly is a death sentence. He deserved no benefit of the doubt by the police officer.

So you're saying that if they had brought him in alive from this altercation, he would have been served the death penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Overheal wrote: »
    So you're saying that if they had brought him in alive from this altercation, he would have been served the death penalty?

Death penalty was executed there and then.

Death penalty was executed there and then.

Not so cleverly avoiding an answer to my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Because they’re biased as hell.

It's laughable isn't it,

Stateofyou wrote: »
    No, you're biased. They're actually the ones in the know. Because ya know, they know him as opposed to a keyboard warrior with an uniformed opinion.

2 convictions for violence against family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Seriously?And I'm assuming your still living in the US.But do you not know the Constitution or even the local laws in your area?Sorry but from now on I can't take your ignorance.

Seriously?And I'm assuming your still living in the US.But do you not know the Constitution or even the local laws in your area?Sorry but from now on I can't take your ignorance.

Of course I know my laws and my constitution. I noticed you didn't want to answer the question asked either.

So for someone who "knows their laws"...

The Atlanta PD have a legal right to use deadly force even if he had never fired the weapon.

Simply having possession of the taser is enough for lethal force to be used. He turned and fired the thing at them.

Of course I know my laws and my constitution. I noticed you didn't want to answer the question asked either.

Ok what was the question?

I just seen on twitter Cartel boss DK friend and associate say he's a great man and not involved in crime at all,
    I'm so glad a friend of his spoke up and cleared up everything,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

I've no convictions for a start...

You're probably not a black man living in an over-policed country with implicit bias against POC. Congrats!
    He's still allowed to reform and improve.
    It's still not a justification for a death sentence.
    The cop killer was fired. So his past is not relevant. And so say his bosses and government officials now working on police reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The empath speaketh. There was absolutely no racial element to how he was treated. The officers were gent's and treated him kindly, politely and mannerly until he started swinging at THEM.

Just because it might not have been racist, doesnt mean it wasnt wrong.

Ok what was the question?

If they had brought him in alive from this altercation, he would have been served the death penalty for what had already transpired?

You're probably not a black man living in an over-policed country with implicit bias against POC. Congrats!
    He's still allowed to reform and improve.
    It's still not a justification for a death sentence.
    The cop killer was fired. So his past is not relevant. And so say his bosses and government officials now working on police reform.

His firing was a political one.
    I expect a successful lawsuit against it.

The Atlanta PD have a legal right to use deadly force even if he had never fired the weapon.

Simply having possession of the taser is enough for lethal force to be used. He turned and fired the thing at them.

Having the right to do it doesn't mean doing it is right. Some laws and policies are unjust, and the US Government and US President are now working to change that and issuing Presidential Executive orders to right those wrongs.

It seems that simply having possession of the taser isn't enough for lethal force to be used. The officer who killed him has been fired.

That certainly explains why he's been fired, the Chief has resigned and Atlanta will be reforming its policing, because those laws are an abuse of civil rights.

His firing was a political one.
    I expect a successful lawsuit against it.

Expect away. What is your source for the opinion that his firing was merely political?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

So tell me in your infinite knowledge.How would you de-escalate a situation where you are physically fighting a perp and he takes your taser?Say what I'm sorry can we be friends?

Well I'd start by not shooting him. Only you seem to think the options are limited to "be friends" or "shoot him dead".

How about tasering him? Stands to reason that if he is close enough to taser you are close enough to taser him?

Police often back off in the interests of public safety, car chases will often be cut to short on safety grounds.

Thats generally not true.If they were not aggressively threatening with it.then they would be ordered to drop the weapon and step away from it.That is pretty much protocol across alot of Depts. But after the command,they ignore it then things escalate further.To the point that the officers now are more concerned with their own safety.

And thats when people get shot.As long as your compliant,your going to be fine.well aside from being arrested.

If they had brought him in alive from this altercation, he would have been served the death penalty for what had already transpired?

They planned to untill he went nuts

• Advertisement

They planned to untill he went nuts

So assuming they arrested him even after he went nuts do you think a Judge would have sentenced him to death?

This isn't a very hard question it just doesn't jive well with your narrative.

Expect away. What is your source for the opinion that his firing was merely political?

Black mayor calls for the firing.
    Order carried out by new black interim police chief.

Police officer well within his rights to use deadly force.
    Will be proven to be unjustified firing IMO.

How about they give the police force more money for better trianing

Plus educate Felons that you shouldn't drink drive and when being arrested don't attack an officer and use there weapon against them,

Black mayor calls for the firing.
    Order carried out by new black interim police chief.

Police officer well within his rights to use deadly force.
    Will be proven to be unjustified firing IMO.

Nonsense. 2 cops couldn't handle 1 perp without murdering them in front of a bunch of kids in line to get fed with their families. Loss of public trust and police incompetence. They don't belong on the force.

Nonsense. 2 cops couldn't handle 1 perp without murdering them in front of a bunch of kids in line to get fed with their families. Loss of public trust and police incompetence. They don't belong on the force.

In the current racial/political context, it's a political firing of the highest order.

How about they give the police force more money for better trianing

https://www.atlantaga.gov/home/showdocument?id=40789

They've plenty. About 1/3rd of Atlanta's entire budget is dumped into policing. If they don't know how to properly train themselves with $100M's but can always afford the latest model cars and weapons then they're of no use.

If you think you can do better and bring a better perspective,why don't you join the force?Make a difference then and see what really goes on in the real world.Instead of spouting this holier than thou attitude.

It's very easy and convenient to sit in your chair and and condemn events which you really have no clue about.Especially if it occurs in another country.

So assuming they arrested him even after he went nuts do you think a Judge would have sentenced him to death?

This isn't a very hard question it just doesn't jive well with your narrative.
    If he killed a cop in the process possibly

Tell you what seen as your into Ifs if he did t drink drive that night he'd be alive and not going back to prison either

In the current racial/political context, it's a political firing of the highest order.

I don't at all see a problem with that.

Police are public officers to serve and protect the community. Politics, by definition:

Definition of politics
    1a: the art or science of government
    b: the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
    c: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
    2: political actions, practices, or policies
    3a: political affairs or business
    especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
    b: political life especially as a principal activity or profession
    c: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
    4: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
    5a: the total complex of relations between people living in society
    b: relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view
    office politics
    ethnic politics

• Advertisement

https://www.atlantaga.gov/home/showdocument?id=40789

They've plenty. About 1/3rd of Atlanta's entire budget is dumped into policing. If they don't know how to properly train themselves with $100M's but can always afford the latest model cars and weapons then they're of no use.

That is just for Atlanta,what about the smaller areas who are struggling to offer protection but can't get the funding?

Advertisement