Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you think you can do better and bring a better perspective,why don't you join the force?Make a difference then and see what really goes on in the real world.Instead of spouting this holier than thou attitude.

It's very easy and convenient to sit in your chair and and condemn events which you really have no clue about.Especially if it occurs in another country.
    LOL

If that's where you've retreated to then I suppose I need say no more :D

Yes how dare the educated public expect to hold their public service accountable and to a high standard!

If he killed a cop in the process possibly

Tell you what seen as your into Ifs if he did t drink drive that night he'd be alive and not going back to prison either

This strained reply tells me that you agree that all actions committed by Brooks - up to an including resisting, fleeing, and discharging a taser which did not hit anybody or kill anybody - would never amount to a death penalty in a court of law.

Thanks.

If the actions aren't a death sentence, deadly force should not be authorized.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Going forward COPs are probably going to have to take a bullet before they can justify shooting anyone and keep their jobs, that's if they survive. In the long run its the public that will suffer as police will just look the other way. All lives matter including Cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well I'd start by not shooting him. Only you seem to think the options are limited to "be friends" or "shoot him dead".

How about tasering him? Stands to reason that if he is close enough to taser you are close enough to taser him?

Police often back off in the interests of public safety, car chases will often be cut to short on safety grounds.

He was intoxicated with a weapon.Which made him a threat not only to officers but the general public.He was tasered but had no effect due to be intoxicated.And since he already showed his violent tendencies by fighting with the officers.That escalated it even higher for not only officer safety but public safety.

I really cannot fathom why some on here feel the need to vilify this criminal.Your just jumping on the BLM bandwagon at the moment.IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Overheal wrote: »
    This strained reply tells me that you agree that all actions committed by Brooks - up to an including resisting, fleeing, and discharging a taser which did not hit anybody or kill anybody - would never amount to a death penalty in a court of law.

Thanks.

Nonsene, then a police officer would have to wait until someone else is killed to shoot someone commiting a crime

• Advertisement

That is just for Atlanta,what about the smaller areas who are struggling to offer protection but can't get the funding?

You mean like Cottageville, SC?

The city was incorporated to make the Mayor/Chief rich - they are the same person. They write tickets for speeding 26 in a 25, etc. and the city budget serviced only to keep the police funded and pensioned.

Isn't it interesting that several years back when the residents of cottageville voted to disband the city and go back County, owing to an out of control police force and a glaring lack of public safety concerns, that the week of the vote the bank in town was robbed at gunpoint and literally none of their police managed to respond to it? A striking coincidence! Luckily for the police, then, that public attitude shifted that week into meting out a slim margin to defeat the city disenfranchisement motion.

Yeah we're not talking about "WHATABOUT" other small police forces among the 17,000+ in the nation, what we are talking about is Atlanta. If you WANT to talk small police forces trust me they're fine, or if they're not fine in a lot of cases they have no business being in operation and are often just out to write tickets and civil-asset-forfeiture their way into being a legally sanctioned gang. Even in Cottageville - that Mayor/Chief wound up murdered some time after being outed from both positions by a newer officer who recorded him threatening his job if he didn't make ticket quotas. The FBI got involved, I never heard what the end of it was.

Nonsene, then a police officer would have to wait until someone else is killed to shoot someone commiting a crime

But in turn its not self defense to shoot at a police officer when they, clearly, by policy, will shoot you well before you shoot them. Hmm. Somethings broken here either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So you’re stereotyping.

Stereotyping meth heads.

You live in America, you've been around meth heads.

You can see it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

If you think you can do better and bring a better perspective,why don't you join the force?Make a difference then and see what really goes on in the real world.Instead of spouting this holier than thou attitude.

It's very easy and convenient to sit in your chair and and condemn events which you really have no clue about.Especially if it occurs in another country.

Seriously? The onus isn't on civilians to do a better job than the police force who signed up for the job and took an oath of duty to protect and serve. Speaking of protect and Serve, one of the Senators who spoke out today said that after watching the video of Floyd and Brooks, it was clear that that was not the epitome of the oath he once took to protect and serve.

It seems it's easy enough to sit in your chair and condemn a father and husband to death when it should have only escalated to the DUI charge in the justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I just seen on twitter Cartel boss DK friend and associate say he's a great man and not involved in crime at all,
    I'm so glad a friend of his spoke up and cleared up everything,

"kind, solicitous, and empathetic". Description of Ted Bundy by former work colleague. Poor crathur gets an awful bad press.

• Advertisement

That is just for Atlanta,what about the smaller areas who are struggling to offer protection but can't get the funding?

Whataboutism. And what areas are those who are struggling with police resources?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well I'd start by not shooting him. Only you seem to think the options are limited to "be friends" or "shoot him dead".

How about tasering him? Stands to reason that if he is close enough to taser you are close enough to taser him?

Police often back off in the interests of public safety, car chases will often be cut to short on safety grounds.

How would he taser him, when the criminal had already stolen his taser?? Fcuking hell. Can people not read up on the very basic facts before commenting??

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

But in turn its not self defense to shoot at a police officer when they, clearly, by policy, will shoot you well before you shoot them. Hmm. Somethings broken here either way.

How old are you? I'd talk to your parents on that one before it's too late!

Going forward COPs are probably going to have to take a bullet before they can justify shooting anyone and keep their jobs, that's if they survive. In the long run its the public that will suffer as police will just look the other way. All lives matter including Cops.

Rayshard didn't have a gun. Neither did all the other black lives who were innocently taken by police violence. What bullets would they be taking? It's their perceived fear from their bias - and that's their own issue that needs to be corrected.

Absolutely bollox
    If I turn up at your house in your garden waving a gun around threathing to shoot you and the police turn up and tell me to stop and didn't , I'd expect and deserve to be shot,
    I would be the one causing the problem,they would be there to protect the citizen who's abiding by the law and of course themselves

Thanks.

Is charging at someone with a knife a death sentence if you don’t kill them? Try running at President Trump with a knife, see if the above horse shyte is correct.

Edit: Actually, try to charge him with a taser. See what happens

How old are you? I'd talk to your parents on that one before it's too late!

Jesus don’t set him off about his dad again.

He was intoxicated with a weapon.Which made him a threat not only to officers but the general public.He was tasered but had no effect due to be intoxicated.And since he already showed his violent tendencies by fighting with the officers.That escalated it even higher for not only officer safety but public safety.

I really cannot fathom why some on here feel the need to vilify this criminal.Your just jumping on the BLM bandwagon at the moment.IMO

Ha, do you not know what vilify means? It's YOU and others who are vilifying Rayshard Brooks here. First he was intoxicated w/out any kind of weapon. The police escalated it. The police force which is rife with brutality and bias causing fear in the communities they police escalated it. This is not up for debate. The cop was fired. The US government at the highest levels including the president are now initiating reform in light of the police brutality and bias. There was no threat to public safety. Why would Rayshard ever attack any member of the public with a spent taser when the only reason he reacted like that in the first place was due to legitimate fear of the aggressively biased police force in which his own government has admitted to. And that cop was FIRED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

You mean like Cottageville, SC?

The city was incorporated to make the Mayor/Chief rich - they are the same person. They write tickets for speeding 26 in a 25, etc. and the city budget serviced only to keep the police funded and pensioned.

Isn't it interesting that several years back when the residents of cottageville voted to disband the city and go back County, owing to an out of control police force and a glaring lack of public safety concerns, that the week of the vote the bank in town was robbed at gunpoint and literally none of their police managed to respond to it? A striking coincidence! Luckily for the police, then, that public attitude shifted that week into meting out a slim margin to defeat the city disenfranchisement motion.

Yeah we're not talking about "WHATABOUT" other small police forces among the 17,000+ in the nation, what we are talking about is Atlanta. If you WANT to talk small police forces trust me they're fine, or if they're not fine in a lot of cases they have no business being in operation and are often just out to write tickets and civil-asset-forfeiture their way into being a legally sanctioned gang. Even in Cottageville - that Mayor/Chief wound up murdered some time after being outed from both positions by a newer officer who recorded him threatening his job if he didn't make ticket quotas. The FBI got involved, I never heard what the end of it was.

IMO your just pulling radical ideas out of your ass to bolster your agenda.There is no educating you on real world police matters so I won't bother responding you from here on out.

But I have to say as an American,with 32 years in LE.You need to cop on if you also are American. the risks and dangers LE face every day to protect you.Yes there are bad cops,as there are bad Doctors,Lawyers,etc.

In my opinion, yes Floyd's case was murder,you can tell from the officer's body language and eventual history they had.But with Brooks,he escalated it to the point it didn't need to be.

Yes I know he was intoxicated but not to the point he didn't know what he was doing.It' tragic when anyone loses their life over something so avoidable.But the truth is,it wouldn't have gone to that point without him taking it there.

So you have to acknowledge that Brooks was part of the problem.IMO

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Rayshard didn't have a gun. Neither did all the other black lives who were innocently taken by police violence. What bullets would they be taking? It's their perceived fear from their bias - and that's their own issue that needs to be corrected.

Why do you keep throwing all the other incidents in?
    Not every arrest or incident between cops and black people are fuelled by racism

We all know there is a wider problem but you can quite cleaelry see from the video this was not one of them, Cops spoke to him very fairly and like anyone else the incident was routine untill he want nuts

It's acutlly weakens the movement of trying to get everyone equal whe. You start throwing in incidents that clearly had no racist movitvation,

This was no George Floyd incident not even close

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Stereotyping meth heads.

You live in America, you've been around meth heads.

You can see it too.

I've been around -a lot- of people, and it's not nearly so simple as you think. Certainly for example some meth and drug users will not fit into your box of what a meth addict should 'look like.' Sweet little white girl can do coke, molly, dabble in heroin etc. and still keep her dayjob without looking drugged out of it. Some of the biggest alcoholics look functional, too, and some look worse than some heroin junkies. You'd swear with your filter that my own MIL at times looks like a meth addict but no she doesn't even drink she just smokes has crohns disease and works 60 hours a week self-employed. There's no truth in judging from looks.

Jesus don’t set him off about his dad again.

Again, work on your empathy. That poster went through things that were tough in his childhood, which happened in the US and so he is entitled so speak up against it as his dad is white and crimes are similar. As thousands of others are doing in the US right now. Are you in the US?

Absolutely bollox
    If I turn up at your house in your garden waving a gun around threathing to shoot you and the police turn up and tell me to stop and didn't , I'd expect and deserve to be shot,
    I would be the one causing the problem,they would be there to protect the citizen who's abiding by the law and of course themselves

That's a wild whataboutism, if you're in my garden you're trespassing and if you're waving the gun with me and not some taser thats a threat of deadly force (now its criminal trespass, now its an aggravated crime). Of course I'd be well within my rights (and yours for that matter) to castle-doctrine you.

Why do you keep throwing all the other incidents in?
    Not every arrest or incident between cops and black people are fuelled by racism

We all know there is a wider problem but you can quite cleaelry see from the video this was not one of them, Cops spoke to him very fairly and like anyone else the incident was routine untill he want nuts

It's acutlly weakens the movement of trying to get everyone equal whe. You start throwing in incidents that clearly had no racist movitvation,

This was no George Floyd incident not even close

Because they're a pattern. Obviously. As the US leaders and President have acknowledged and are working towards. The cop was fired for his conduct-and he's been reprimanded in the past for as his record shows so it was not his training he was utilising, what else could it be.... hmmm....

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Ha, do you not know what vilify means? It's YOU and others who are vilifying Rayshard Brooks here. First he was intoxicated w/out any kind of weapon. The police escalated it. The police force which is rife with brutality and bias causing fear in the communities they police escalated it. This is not up for debate. The cop was fired. The US government at the highest levels including the president are now initiating reform in light of the police brutality and bias. There was no threat to public safety. Why would Rayshard ever attack any member of the public with a spent taser when the only reason he reacted like that in the first place was due to legitimate fear of the aggressively biased police force in which his own government has admitted to. And that cop was FIRED.

The chap has numerous felony agismt all types of people from family to children, Then he attack two cops.,

Why would he do any of that?
    He's have nothing to fear if he just stopped breaking the law

Is charging at someone with a knife a death sentence if you don’t kill them? Try running at President Trump with a knife, see if the above horse shyte is correct.

Brooks was fleeing, not charging.

Absolutely bollox

Rayshod Brooks did not have a gun that he was waving around threatening them with.

There are people who have climbed the White House fence and even made it inside the front doors. They are still alive.
    Next.

Brooks was fleeing, not charging.

Try to keep up.

• Advertisement

IMO your just pulling radical ideas out of your ass to bolster your agenda.There is no educating you on real world police matters so I won't bother responding you from here on out.

But I have to say as an American,with 32 years in LE.You need to cop on if you also are American. the risks and dangers LE face every day to protect you.Yes there are bad cops,as there are bad Doctors,Lawyers,etc.

In my opinion, yes Floyd's case was murder,you can tell from the officer's body language and eventual history they had.But with Brooks,he escalated it to the point it didn't need to be.

Yes I know he was intoxicated but not to the point he didn't know what he was doing.It' tragic when anyone loses their life over something so avoidable.But the truth is,it wouldn't have gone to that point without him taking it there.

So you have to acknowledge that Brooks was part of the problem.IMO

These aren't "radical ideas out of [my] ass to bolster [my] ["]agenda["]." These are "real world police matters" that I have brought up that you can go investigate for yourself. Cottageville. South Carolina. The only one who wanted to pull something out of their ass was *you* when you said 'whatabout' small police stations that don't rhyme with Mylanta*. So I met your whataboutism with some real world police matters and now you've shut down on me. LOL

Nobody ISNT acknowledging Brooks wasn't PART of the problem.

Advertisement