Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Overheal wrote: »
    Definitely not innocent, I just don't think extrajudicial capital punishment was the right call here.

I'm not suggesting Brooks deserved to die and I did just say that I don't know if Rolffe was justified to shoot him.

However this is no racist/violent cop strangling an already subdued suspect.

This was just two guys at work and the most bizarre **** hitting the fan moment.

After 40 minutes of bring an annoying but pleasant drunk Brooks turned violent and he seemed to have no problem putting two grown men on their arses.

He ran with a weapon that, to my knowledge can do serious harm even kill, and he used it. His target reacted.

This is no Black Lives Matter situation at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Danzy wrote: »
    Or he knew he was back to jail.

Where he would meet covid infection and violent inmates. I'd say anyone should rightly fear for their life being thrown back into the US prison system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Where he would meet covid infection and violent inmates. I'd say anyone should rightly fear for their life being thrown back into the US prison system.

Child abusers do get a rough time in prison.

If he was so frightened of Covid19 he should have stayed at home, instead of out at a bar and hotel.

I'm not suggesting Brooks deserved to die and I did just say that I don't know if Rolffe was justified to shoot him.

This was just two guys at work and the most bizarre **** hitting the fan moment.

After 40 minutes of bring an annoying but pleasant drunk Brooks turned violent and he seemed to have no problem putting two grown men on their arses.

He ran with a weapon that, to my knowledge can do serious harm even kill, and he used it. His target reacted.

I agree except I believe that implicit biases were in play, including stereotypes of blacks and heat of the moment assessing a black man as a higher threat than he actually was, and I've said before on the thread in some detail that his entire life is a BLM situation, I know white people who did a lot of the **** he did and don't have criminal records.

If he was so frightened of Covid19 he should have stayed at home, instead of out at a bar and hotel.

Yes that's probably why those white Gainesville police let my white father go?

Wendys is a bar and hotel? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

There is a lower standard for violence against police officers that applies if the perp is engaged in a continuing criminal enterprise.

Meting out of a punishment in excess of the crime by a LEO doesn't sit right with me at all. If people really want it to be okay for cops to shoot people dead for exhibiting less than deadly force or even the threat of less than deadly force, then, make it the law, make it punishable by death before a court of law. Anything else is extrajudicial.

Tell me that is a joke?Look my advise to you is sign up for a ride along with your local PD.to get a sense of the real world problems facing LE.Otherwise just keep quiet with your BS agenda.It is embarrassing to me as a fellow American to see you represent us on an Irish forum.

Fu6k me pink.

We both thumbed up the same comment Overheal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well charging a POTUS with a taser is a whole other hill of beans. An absurd whataboutism. I called you out because your whataboutisms centered on charging in to assault, even though the clear circumstance here was fleeing.

Why? If you charge at someone with a knife and get brought to court you don’t get the death sentence. Try it and you’ll be shot though.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Nope. He realised that he could most likely die in the course of police response and custody as so many others had.
    He was a drunk man. In legitimate fear.

Sorry but that is horse****.

There was nothing wrong with what those two men did and they showed no racism whatsoever.

If they are guilty of anything it is of unreasonable patience.

They were at this for 40 minutes.

Fu6k me pink.

We both thumbed up the same comment Overheal.

which mentioned a hotel or a bar sorry

• Advertisement

And there we are, folks.

Someone with actual real life experience.

Why? If you charge at someone with a knife and get brought to court you don’t get the death sentence. Try it and you’ll be shot though.

Good to know. What about charging away from someone with a taser?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Yep, no bullets. And he was drunk. And fleeing. And he missed. And they still had another taser. They had his home address. They had his work details. Not good enough. It obviously wasn't good enough for his bosses either seeing as he was FIRED.

A taser can be lethal in the wrong untrained hands, he was rotating when he fired , split seconds from facing cop to back to him. Probably more side on. He wasn't too drunk to wrestle his way away from two cops , steal a taser and fire it. It's also possible he did connect with the officer, more than one prong on the taser. Investigation will reveal. Cop should not have been sacked. Expect him to be re instated. No cop will get any fair hearing at the moment. Authorities afraid to call a spade a spade.

Yep, no bullets. And he was drunk. And fleeing. And he missed. And they still had another taser. They had his home address. They had his work details. Not good enough. It obviously wasn't good enough for his bosses either seeing as he was FIRED.

Where was this magical “other” taser??

Yes that's probably why those white Gainesville police let my white father go?

Wendys is a bar and hotel? :confused:

Your father?

Wendy's is a fast food joint.

Someone with actual real life experience.

Someone who is a member of the Blue Wall of Silence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

No Judge will view a child abuser meth heads inability to aim effectively as an excuse. It's not an excuse for anyone.

He tried and that's all we can ask of anyone.

The officer then got to respond and he was able to prevent the child abuser meth head from having a 2nd chance.

You're slandering this man's character in an unfounded way. This seems like racism. If it isn't blatant racism, then post one source you have that indicates this man was a meth head or child abuser. Your blatant biased assumptions here aren't an excuse for slander.

Wendy's is a fast food joint.

Yes, decidedly not a hotel or a bar.

You’ll get shot, see the OP. Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

That secret to that is to keep going and not to turn around and fire it at the officer with the firearm.

• Advertisement

You're slandering this man's character in an unfounded way. This seems like racism. If it isn't blatant racism, then post one source you have that indicates this man was a meth head or child abuser. Your blatant biased assumptions here aren't an excuse for slander.

The man's character is proven how he lived and engaged with society.His criminal record attests to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

A taser can be lethal in the wrong untrained hands, he was rotating when he fired , split seconds from facing cop to back to him. Probably more side on. He wasn't too drunk to wrestle his way away from two cops , steal a taser and fire it. It's also possible he did connect with the officer, more than one prong on the taser. Investigation will reveal. Cop should not have been sacked. Expect him to be re instated. No cop will get any fair hearing at the moment. Authorities afraid to call a spade a spade.

Totally agree

But it wasn't the "most bizarre sh!T hitting the fan moment," was it? In fact, unjustified police brutality has happened so many times that the BLM movement was founded and the police dept has fired this officer and the US government including the president has announced inappropriate police bias and brutality and are implementing reforms. Trump has even just signed an executive order furthering that goal. Tasers aren't weapons of death, guns are, and that was fired into his BACK multiple times as he was fleeing.
    Black people are 3 times more likely to be shot and killed than white people so until black lives are treated the same as white people's - we'll say Black Lives Matter. Because they're treated as if they don't matter.

You can’t slander the dead. So you can unsaddle the high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

All these apologists for him, Im sure if they were ever threatened by someone they'd be glad to have the cops take care of the bad guy for them.

Apologists make me sick.

What other taser?

Don't cops just carry one? And Rolffe had already fired it himself and missed. I don't think they can fire a second time.

I believe that is because it can be lethal to do so.

He's not a child abuser. His wife and mother of his children has spoken out against their unimaginable loss and his daughter was waiting for him the next day in her birthday dress to be collected by her dad to celebrate her birthday with skating, He's entitled to do whatever he wants in his personal life. Or are you going to level your judgement at every Irish parent who hold their child's communions and confirmations in Irish pubs?

But it wasn't the "most bizarre sh!T hitting the fan moment," was it? In fact, unjustified police brutality has happened so many times that the BLM movement was founded and the police dept has fired this officer and the US government including the president has announced inappropriate police bias and brutality and are implementing reforms. Trump has even just signed an executive order furthering that goal. Tasers aren't weapons of death, guns are, and that was fired into his BACK multiple times as he was fleeing.
    Black people are 3 times more likely to be shot and killed than white people so until black lives are treated the same as white people's - we'll say Black Lives Matter. Because they're treated as if they don't matter.

Before you bring in the race argument let's focus for a moment on the why a man is felling from the police and what consequences this might have, regardless of color

Is it a death sentence in a court of law. No. And he did so while fleeing. And he missed.

It is the intent that counts.Not whether he hit or not.Look I wont be responding any more to you on this thread because it's obvious you aren't willing to be educated on real world events.And also if you are American,I'm ashamed at your ignorant reasoning.So good luck in your BS ideology.

• Advertisement

He's not a child abuser. His wife and mother of his children has spoken out against their unimaginable loss and his daughter was waiting for him the next day in her birthday dress to be collected by her dad to celebrate her birthday with skating, He's entitled to do whatever he wants in his personal life. Or are you going to level your judgement at every Irish parent who hold their child's communions and confirmations in Irish pubs?

While his daughter was home, he was drunk sleeping in a car, then assaulting two cops. A father to be proud of

Advertisement