Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rolfe immediately called for EMT assistance, then gave CPR. What are you talking about??

The district attorney siad for two minutes they did nothing, they are trained to give medical assistance, they didn't. The did kick him while he lay dying, and did stand on his body. This is what the district attorney said in a press conference on CNN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The district attorney siad for two minutes they did nothing, they are trained to give medical assistance, they didn't. The did kick him while he lay dying, and did stand on his body. This is what the district attorney said in a press conference on CNN.

What was the DA doing in a Wendy’s car park at that hour at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cause clearly that district Attorney wasn't spinning a narrative to suit his political goals. One of the most insane things I've watched in awhile. Brooks posed no threat, while punching the cops and shooting at them. Peacefully sleeping in his car, or in the real world, committing a DWI.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The fact the cops gave him no medical assistance, instead kicked him while he was dying, and then posed for pictures while standing on his body says it all.
    I was actaully thinking the cops would have been devasted in the moment afterwards considering what has been going on recently, but they loved it. These cops clearly need reigning in , they think they are above the law. Shooting a man in the back because your fat dougnut eating ass can't catch up, wtf.

wtf ?

so we are just allowed to make up stuff now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Was there prrof he committed a crime?
    Surely he'd be charged if there was incontrovertible proof of his guilt?

Or is you veiw biased

They were disciplinary complaints not criminal prosecutions. The shooting that was covered up however I don’t understand yet how he skated that.

• Advertisement

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read a new York Times post from the other day that said last year 2019 in the states double the amount of non armed white people (20) where shot by cops than non armed back peopel (9)

Is that real number ? Or is that just New York

When 72% of the population is white I don’t see the problem (for white people that is)

The former Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks after a DUI stop was charged with felony murder, aggravated assault and other offenses Wednesday, less than a week after the 27-year-old black man’s killing set off a new wave of protests against racism and police brutality.
Fulton County District Attorney Paul L.

Howard announced a total of 11 charges against Garrett Rolfe at an afternoon news conference in downtown Atlanta, calling Brooks’s killing unjustified and finding that Brooks posed no threat to Rolfe’s life during the incident.

Rolfe’s colleague, officer Devin Brosnan, was charged with aggravated assault. Brosnan will become cooperating witness for the state, Howard said, making him one of the first Atlanta police officers to testify in such a case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/17/prosecutor-atlanta-announce-charging-decision-killing-rayshard-brooks-by-police/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Cause clearly that district Attorney wasn't spinning a narrative to suit his political goals. One of the most insane things I've watched in awhile. Brooks posed no threat, while punching the cops and shooting at them. Peacefully sleeping in his car, or in the real world, committing a DWI.

So the evidence he gave at the press conference is what? Made up?

What a country though, judge and jury presenting evidence and convicting somebody during a press conference. What a joke, that officer as much as I think he has done wrong deserves his trial to be fair and equitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Overheal wrote: »
    The former Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks after a DUI stop was charged with felony murder, aggravated assault and other offenses Wednesday, less than a week after the 27-year-old black man’s killing set off a new wave of protests against racism and police brutality.
Fulton County District Attorney Paul L.

Howard announced a total of 11 charges against Garrett Rolfe at an afternoon news conference in downtown Atlanta, calling Brooks’s killing unjustified and finding that Brooks posed no threat to Rolfe’s life during the incident.

Rolfe’s colleague, officer Devin Brosnan, was charged with aggravated assault. Brosnan will become cooperating witness for the state, Howard said, making him one of the first Atlanta police officers to testify in such a case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/17/prosecutor-atlanta-announce-charging-decision-killing-rayshard-brooks-by-police/

I'm certainly no lawyer but that seems quite excessive given the videos that have been released. Might be simply a case of "here are the charges which could conceivably be brought; let's see what a court and jury will find him guilty of (if any)".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Certainly should help Howard distract from the corruption scandal and help boost his profile in the current election where he is under pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So the evidence he gave at the press conference is what? Made up?

What a country though, judge and jury presenting evidence and convicting somebody during a press conference. What a joke, that officer as much as I think he has done wrong deserves his trial to be fair and equitable.

He's clearly spinning some bull****. This case is going to be acquited and he wants to look like he was making an effort to boost his re-election chances. Saying Brooks posed no threat, and was sleeping peacefully in his car is absolutely insane. No other word for it.

He's clearly spinning some bull****. This case is going to be acquited and he wants to look like he was making an effort to boost his re-election chances. Saying Brooks posed no threat, and was sleeping peacefully in his car is absolutely insane. No other word for it.

If (when) he gets convicted will you admit then you are wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mynamejeff wrote: »
    wtf ?

so we are just allowed to make up stuff now ?

Its exact words of DA

ronivek wrote: »
    I'm certainly no lawyer but that seems quite excessive given the videos that have been released. Might be simply a case of "here are the charges which could conceivably be brought; let's see what a court and jury will find him guilty of (if any)".

going by the bulk of this thread yes but we never thought about what happened after the shots were fired, as another poster said apparently a lot was disclosed today including reportedly kicking Brooks on the ground and failure to render medical assistance (I heard they called for some but didn't render any themselves)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1272177941519257600

The second video, this isn't during the protests but it just shows how absolutely psychotic they are over there.

Think about how our Gardaí would handle that situation and compare it to that public execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I'd be hoping for a white jury.

Won't get a fair trial with a black one.

Danzy wrote: »
    Certainly should help Howard distract from the corruption scandal and help boost his profile in the current election where he is under pressure.

I don't know that I'm on your boat. Seems silly that in order to distract from a corruption scandal someone would do something else corrupt.

Then again Trump. dang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

They'd rather charge an innocent man with murder who carried out his role as a police officer than uphold their duty to the law by not cowering to the mob and making an example out of this officer. Can African Americas now drive under the influence, resist arrest, swing at an officer, steal their weapon, run away and fire a weapon at an officer? It seems they are making allowances because of the pressure of Flyods murder. Brooks didn't get away with anything. He dead. That doesn't absolve him of his major role in his death which he mostly contributed to. I wouldn't be surprised if the police went of strike. lets see how well these progressive states would do without them.

A police officer's worst fear isn't getting shot or hurt out on a shift. Its prison!!

J. Marston wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1272177941519257600

The second video, this isn't during the protests but it just shows how absolutely psychotic they are over there.

Think about how our Gardaí would handle that situation and compare it to that public execution.

I've changed my mind on this.
    Apparently the reason the cops were called was because he had been waving a gun about. They weren't to know it was fake. He reached for his waistband...

Source: Embedded video @ https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

The DA is saying that when the officer fired at Brooks; directly behind brooks was a vehicle occupied by three people. The stray round actually struck that vehicle.

So the officer's decision put three innocent members of the public in grave and immediate danger of being shot; alongside killing the suspect.

Seems much more reasonable to me now that he has been charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

The DA is saying that when the officer fired at Brooks; directly behind brooks was a vehicle occupied by three people. The stray round actually struck that vehicle.

So the officer's decision put three innocent members of the public in grave and immediate danger of being shot; alongside killing the suspect.

They want to charge him no matter what, he's a sacrafical lamb to the BLM movement and political careers of local and national politicians. Maybe a jury will call it right!

Source: Embedded video @ https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Brooks' actions created the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Thank god he didn't fire a warning shot!

They'd rather charge an innocent man with murder who carried out his role as a police officer than uphold their duty to the law by not cowering to the mob and making an example out of this officer. Can African Americas now drive under the influence, resist arrest, swing at an officer, steal their weapon, run away and fire a weapon at an officer? It seems they are making allowances because of the pressure of Flyods murder. Brooks didn't get away with anything. He dead. That doesn't absolve him of his major role in his death which he mostly contributed to. I wouldn't be surprised if the police went of strike. lets see how well these progressive states would do without them.

A police officer's worst fear isn't getting shot or hurt out on a shift. Its prison!!

If that’s the only conniption I’d gladly write my senator to support a bill for cop prison. I think it’s more than anyone whose managed to be convicted in this tilted system deserves, but if it helps fix our justice system let’s go. We will make room for all the cops that should be prosecuted.

The fact the thought enters anyones mind to begin with should make us all pause about the conditions of our prisons. Surely prison should be orderly And humane enough for anyone, even a cop, to be incarcerated there. If not, cops have a duty to call out their fellow corrections officer to be better.

Overheal wrote: »
    If that’s the only conniption I’d gladly write my senator to support a bill for cop prison. I think it’s more than anyone whose managed to be convicted in this tilted system deserves, but if it helps fix our justice system let’s go. We will make room for all the cops that should be prosecuted.

The fact the thought enters anyones mind to begin with should make us all pause about the conditions of our prisons. Surely prison should be orderly And humane enough for anyone, even a cop, to be incarcerated there. If not, cops have a duty to call out their fellow corrections officer to be better.

You wouldn't lace the policeman's boots, it's easy sitting in your jocks behind a computer screen writing ****e. You wouldn't last a day on the streets dealing with people like Brooks white or black.

They want to charge him no matter what, he's a sacrafical lamb to the BLM movement and political careers of local and national politicians. Maybe a jury will call it right!

"No matter what"?

The officer fired three rounds in the direction of four people; three of whom were entirely innocent and one of whom was in possession of a weapon which is in general less dangerous than punching/kicking someone.

An officer who it now turned out also conspired with other police officers to cover up another shooting of a fleeing suspect; although this one survived.

You're okay with that?

"No matter what"?

The officer fired three rounds in the direction of four people; three of whom were entirely innocent and one of whom was in possession of a weapon which is in general less dangerous than punching/kicking someone.

An officer who it now turned out also conspired with other police officers to cover up another shooting of a fleeing suspect; although this one survived.

You're okay with that?

No because it's completely factually wrong

Rodin wrote: »
    I'd be hoping for a white jury.

Won't get a fair trial with a black one.

Im shocked that your still allowed to post your consistently racist point of view on here.

Another detail caught on CCTV, according to today’s Press conference, was a frame that purportedly shows the flare from the propellant in the taser barbs fired, and Brooks shot was well over anyone’s head.

Maybe it was a wild shot, or a warning shot, or he just panic squeezed the trigger when he turned around and saw the cop. IME you will still look behind your back when you run away from someone, even just to know how close they are or if they’re even following you. But he didn’t grab the weapon for nothing.

• Advertisement

Im shocked that your still allowed to post your consistently racist point of view on here.

Nothing he said is racist it was just an observation about implicit biases.

Advertisement