Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Given that so many people are armed in America, if you defund the police and there are no police on the streets, you'll find that many more crimes will carry the death penalty.

Instead of calling the cops, people will start to shoot people breaking into their property etc.

Here's the start of it, actually, not me and my "sneery post."

every mass shooting that i am aware of in the US involved semi-automatic weapons. that you can walk into a supermarket and walk out with one is impossible for me to understand.

Yes, it may have been semi-automatic. Still, these are not used for hunters hunting animals. They are for protection to kill people if necessary, or if you're a person with criminal intent, to kill. It's actually scary to be in a shop getting camping grub and then seeing a bunch of guns designed to kill up on the walls and in cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

every mass shooting that i am aware of in the US involved semi-automatic weapons. that you can walk into a supermarket and walk out with one is impossible for me to understand.

I'm questioning Stateofyou's gun knowledge when he claimed his mate bought a fully automatic firearm in Walmart. I have my doubts that is the case as it's been a very very long time since Walmart sold fully automatic weapons.

I believe he is mixing up semi and fully auto. Not that it makes a huge deal eitherways.

And yes, semi-auto firearms are commonly used in mass murder. You might be surprised to know that many people have them here in Ireland too. Semi auto that is, not fully auto.

Speaking as a gun owner, I do think the US gun laws are too lax, but I also think our laws are too strict. I'd prefer a happy medium.

Danzy wrote: »
    Brooks's past is irrelevant to the shooting.

He could have been a good person and still shot for the way he escalated the situation and threat posed.

What we know of him just means we can be grateful his family are now safe, his neighbours are safer.

It's just a silver lining.

Brooks past is very relevant and will certainly be brought into play - his record was already demanded and released by his former PD.

You just said it's a silver lining that someone's father, son, husband was killed? Wow.

Stateofyou wrote: »

I think you are mixing me up with someone else. Please try to keep up. I never mentioned a 'sneery post'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

the post you responded to was about poor garda response times. nothing to do with the garda that died.

You are truly naive if you cannot see through the comment

I think you are mixing me up with someone else. Please try to keep up. I never mentioned a 'sneery post'.

I didn't say you did. Try to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You are truly naive if you cannot see through the comment

you are imagining things. sometimes words just mean what they say

Yes, it may have been semi-automatic. Still, these are not used for hunters hunting animals. They are for protection to kill people if necessary, or if you're a person with criminal intent, to kill. It's actually scary to be in a shop getting camping grub and then seeing a bunch of guns designed to kill up on the walls and in cases.

I've semi-auto firearms here in Ireland. All fully licenced and used for target shooting.

Firearms themselves aren't bad if used for lawful purposes. It's when the d1ckheads get their hands on them, then that's a problem.

Remember America is very different from Ireland. I'm not allowed a gun for self defence. If I apply for a gun licence for self-defence her in Ireland, there's zero chance I'd be allowed to have a gun. It's different in the States. They are allowed a gun for self-defence therefore according to their law, there's no prohibition on getting guns that are designed to kill people. Because according to their laws, sometimes it's ok to kill people (self-defence).

Brooks past is very relevant and will certainly be brought into play - his record was already demanded and released by his former PD.

You just said it's a silver lining that someone's father, son, husband was killed? Wow.

Still waiting for you to show me where in that post that I mentioned Brooks past actions?

I don't think I mentioned anything all anywhere on the thread. I was going to in my post about the cousin but removed it before posting as I had googled the man but couldn't find such details.

• Advertisement

you are imagining things. sometimes words just mean what they say

Yes and the meaning is clear

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

Fact. The guns the black folk used to shoot 60 other blacks (killing 13) in Chicago on the weekend of Floyd memorial were all semis

You did.

Go back and read your own posts.

john123470 wrote: »
    Fact. The guns the black folk used to shoot 60 other blacks (killing 13) in Chicago on the weekend of Floyd memorial were all semis

I watch the news and I had not seen anything about that.

Originally Posted by BattleCorp
    Given that so many people are armed in America, if you defund the police and there are no police on the streets, you'll find that many more crimes will carry the death penalty.

Instead of calling the cops, people will start to shoot people breaking into their property etc.

If I didn't say that, why did you quote my post when posting that comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Oh don't be bringing in the fact that other blacks kill far and away more blacks than white police.

You might get accused of being racist.

Still waiting for you to show me where I mentioned Brooks past crimes and whatnot in that post.

Where did I bring up Brooks past?

I'm talking about the night he died.

Gotcha. Why did you call him a thug, then?
    Ok about that night he died- the police officer was more violent in shooting a fleeing man in the back. Cops actually don't, or shouldn't have a licence to kill in the face of any conflict.

Ok about that night he died- the police officer was more violent in shooting a fleeing man in the back. Cops actually don't, or shouldn't have a licence to kill in the face of any conflict.

Are you for foookin real?

Leave aside the Brooks' incident for a moment.

Are you saying that if cops are taking fire, they shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves using lethal force?

Get a life dude.

Of course cops should be allowed to defend themselves.

Cops don't have a licence to kill, but they are allowed to defend themselves using lethal force, as is any other American citizen.

No it is everyone that is to blame. You should know this by now.:rolleyes:

I saw part of a press conference with the cousin claiming Brooks to some innocent soul - "like our children " or something like that.

He was a criminal and a violent man. That makes him not innocent at all.

Very disappointed in Trevor Noah showing bias. Brooks has no accountability because was drunk and drunk people do silly things.

I suppose it would cause the Earth to stop spinning for anyone in the media to say both men are responsible for this.

How long will the workers at Wendy's be out of work and struggling to put food on the table because a gang of scumbags burnt down the place where they work?

Will Tyler Perry pay their wages until they can get new jobs I wonder?

You asked, here it is.

• Advertisement

Are you for foookin real?

Leave aside the Brooks' incident for a moment.

Are you saying that if cops are taking fire, they shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves using lethal force?

Get a life dude.

Of course cops should be allowed to defend themselves.

Cops don't have a licence to kill, but they are allowed to defend themselves using lethal force, as is any other American citizen.

Taking fire? That didn't happen. Wtf?
    And no, they do not always have to respond with fatal force as a first measure. As they can demonstrably do more often when it comes to white people.
    His bosses and the DA also think he should have reacted differently than shooting a fleeing man in the back.

Because in that video he is actually being a violent thug.

He is the attacker. He also discharged a dangerous weapon.

And I never said any cop anywhere "has licence to kill in the face of any conflict".

In fact I've posted several times that I do not know if Rolffe was justified (legally or otherwise) in shooting Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Firing somebody that immediately and without due process is probably in a bid to quell the protests

Yeah good luck trying to bringing an unfair dismissal claim based on the overwhelming evidence against you.

I believe it is filed under 'gross misconduct'.

You asked, here it is.

Yes.

He drove a car while drunk. Criminal.

He attacked and overpowered two police men and discharged a taser. Violence.

The night he died.

I never mentioned any harm that he did to his children because I couldn't see anything on Google.

Try to keep the facts straight and stop making things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

His bosses and the DA also think he should have reacted differently than shooting a fleeing man in the back.

The DA is black. Scared to keep her job. And pandering to the facists.

Black folk shot 60 (black) people on the weekend of Floyd memorial in Chicago (killing 13). No protests there.
    Why ?

Because black lives only matter if shot by white folk. But its perfectly ok to shoot and kill each other

And no, they do not always have to respond with fatal force as a first measure. As they can demonstrably do more often when it comes to white people.

He fired the taser.

Because in that video he is actually being a violent thug.

He is the attacker. He also discharged a dangerous weapon.

And I never said any cop anywhere "has licence to kill in the face of any conflict".

In fact I've posted several times that I do not know if Rolffe was justified (legally or otherwise) in shooting Brooks.

A minute ago you claimed the officers "took fire" and now it's downgraded to "discharged a dangerous weapon."

Then he fled and was shot in the back.
    No, you didn't say that, I did and I'm aware that I did. So don't accuse me of saying you said it. You're just looking for offence now. I'm going to step away now and do something more enjoyable with my day than arguing points about a man who's being held accountable in his own criminal justice system which I'm glad to see so I'll leave it at that for now.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

You are acting the maggot now.

Did you not read that I said leave the Brooks incident to the side for a moment.

You said
    Cops actually don't, or shouldn't have a licence to kill in the face of any conflict.

I highlighted the 'any conflict' and gave an example totally unrelated to the Brooks scenario. I made it clear it was nothing to do with the Brooks scenario.

So, back to my original question that you don't want to answer..........

The DA is black. Scared to keep her job. And pandering to the facists.

Black folk shot 60 (black) people on the weekend of Floyd memorial in Chicago (killing 13). No protests there.
    Why ?

Because black lives only matter if shot by white folk. But its perfectly ok to shoot and kill each other

Go argue the issue with Black on black crime wherever that's a topic or start your own, and at the same time you can also argue the separate issue of white on white crime. This thread is about the killing of an unarmed man by a police force which is statistically shown to have bias and the US government and President are currently engaged in massive reforms.
    I'm out.

• Advertisement

A minute ago you claimed the officers "took fire" and now it's downgraded to "discharged a dangerous weapon."

Then he fled and was shot in the back.
    No, you didn't say that, I did and I'm aware that I did. So don't accuse me of saying you said it. You're just looking for offence now. I'm going to step away now and do something more enjoyable with my day than arguing points about a man who's being held accountable in his own criminal justice system which I'm glad to see so I'll leave it at that for now.

You are a very confused person.

You don't seem able to keep with who you are chatting too.

Advertisement