Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Shooting USA. Rayshard Brooks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

Overheal wrote: »
    One did. It only takes 1 to kill. The other 2 hit the man in his back. And then for good measure he kicked Brooks after he was already dying.

Imagine had a bystander been shot and killed and this hothead his kicking this man instead of rendering any aid.

Gross misconduct is not even in question here.

Still haven't seen the kicking video anywhere. Did he kick him in the head or foot and with how much force? All context.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It's not the same, but it's still deadly. He had the potential to immobilise the cop and steal his service weapon. That's a valid fear for the cop seeing as Brooks had already stolen the taser and shown that he wasn't afraid to use it on the cops.

You are 100% correct here. Many more people die from gun fire than from taser deployment. That's not relevant here though. It's still a deadly weapon.

Aren't police supposed to apprehend criminals, even when they are in the act of committing a crime. Some people are making out that Brooks was falling around drunk. I don't know how much he had to drink but he was well able to overpower the two cops and take their taser.

Let him get away with a police taser that he had seconds earlier used on the police. Nope.

I think quite a few police forces would react the same way for assaulting them, stealing their taser and shooting it at them.

It's still a deadly weapon. Assault a cop with a deadly weapon, any kind of weapon and the cop should be allowed to defend themselves.

If it was a chair, golf club, tennis racket, iron bar, or a concrete block doesn't matter. It's assault with something that can cause harm so the cop should be allowed to defend themselves.

Given the racially charged atmosphere at the moment, I suspect so. I'm thinking that the charges will be dropped or he will be found not guilty. Time will tell.

Look, I could be 100% wrong. I don't think I am. I'm putting forward reasons why I think I am right. If he's found guilty after a FAIR trial, I'll accept that.

I never said anything of the sort. I'm not happy that Brooks was killed. I would have preferred if there was another outcome but I still feel that the cop was justified in shooting Brooks to defend himself. On this we disagree, but it's a free country.

In announcing the charges Brooks revealed disturbing details about the incident. Howard revealed that Rolfe knew the taser Brooks took from him was not functional, as it had already been fired twice and thus was of no use when he shot Brooks twice in the back as he was running away.

The detail underscores that Rolfe was apparently aware he was in no physical danger when he fatally shot Brooks. Cameras also captured Rolfe kicking Brooks as he was on the ground struggling for his life.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/17/rayshard-brooks-charges-atlanta-police-officer-garrett-rolfe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I wonder what would happen if they came across an off duty cop who went psycho and reacted like Brooks did. Would they still shoot to kill? My hole.

Psychic are you?

You can't know that. Now you are making stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Maybe Brooks was firing a "warning shot".

Warning shots aren't fired at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Tony EH wrote: »
    Warning shots aren't fired at people.

They aren't fired at all, but why let reality impose on your narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,451 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bold Abdu wrote: »
    Still haven't seen the kicking video anywhere. Did he kick him in the head or foot and with how much force? All context.

I haven’t seen the other cops body camera yet, I’m not sure where. But the other cop apparently already disclosed as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

One did. It only takes 1 to kill. The other 2 hit the man in his back. And then for good measure he kicked Brooks after he was already dying.

Imagine had a bystander been shot and killed and this hothead his kicking this man instead of rendering any aid.

Gross misconduct is not even in question here.

You said shots hit the car. Try to be more accurate. Less misunderstandings that way.

have you seen the kick?

If you arewilling to imagine a bystander hurt or killed by the stray bullet then you must be willing to imagine the damage Brooks could have inflicted - by driving drunk, by attacking the cops, by firing the taser, by fleeing across the street causing someone to loose control of their car, by knocking someone over on the footpath as he fled who then suffers a head injury, etc. etc. etc.

Psychic are you?

You can't know that. Now you are making stuff up.

Jesus I thought even a low IQ reader knew my post was a hypothetical. Maybe crawl out of my ass with your “how dare you discuss hypotheticals” charge

That’s what the Irish journalism told me earlier ITT so if your papers suck don’t link to them?

Where did link anyone to an Irish news media source?

Journalist can make mistakes, especially these days of needing o get it online first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

He had enough "control of his faculties" to wrestle two grown men onto the ground, toss one like a rag doll and grab a weapon.

Or better yet... the police officers were so useless at doing their job, they allowed one man who was blackout drunk 10 mins previously, to completely take charge of the situation... to such a degree that they felt the need to shoot at him 3 times while he was running away and kill him! (while he was wielding a fiersome piece of plastic)

The drunk man is far from blameless in this... but these cops showed themselves to be way below the standard you should expect from professional law enforcement. You would expect this level of incompetence from a part-time door security guard, not professional law enforcement who are trusted to carry deadly weapons! Embarrassing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

I haven’t seen the other cops body camera yet, I’m not sure where. But the other cop apparently already disclosed as much.

Disclosed what? That he kicked him? Where did he kick him? How hard? Why? I don't know and I doubt you know either.

In announcing the charges Brooks revealed disturbing details about the incident. Howard revealed that Rolfe knew the taser Brooks took from him was not functional, as it had already been fired twice and thus was of no use when he shot Brooks twice in the back as he was running away.

The detail underscores that Rolfe was apparently aware he was in no physical danger when he fatally shot Brooks. Cameras also captured Rolfe kicking Brooks as he was on the ground struggling for his life.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/17/rayshard-brooks-charges-atlanta-police-officer-garrett-rolfe

I wouldn't be putting too much faith in that article.

Nope. Not good enough. Supposing Brooks fcuked off somewhere else and the police couldn't find him?

How far do you think he would have got? 30 minutes earlier he was asleep at the wheel of his car. And even if he did manage to to get away, it probably wouldn't be that long before he was picked up. It's not like the police had no idea who he was or where he lived.

In any case, is it really beyond the realms of reality that Rolfe could run after him, instead of simply whipping out his pop gun and blasting at a guy he was arresting for a mickey mouse DUI charge?

You should use the names.

Who is the "other cop"?

They aren't fired at all, but why let reality impose on your narrative.

I've shown that they are. German police do it.

You said shots hit the car. Try to be more accurate. Less misunderstandings that way.

have you seen the kick?

If you arewilling to imagine a bystander hurt or killed by the stray bullet then you must be willing to imagine the damage Brooks could have inflicted - by driving drunk, by attacking the cops, by firing the taser, by fleeing across the street causing someone to loose control of their car, by knocking someone over on the footpath as he fled who then suffers a head injury, etc. etc. etc.

I said his shots hit the car. Sorry let me be clearer for you :rolleyes: his shotS hit the man in the back, and the car, with several passengers inside.

Or better yet... the police officers were so useless at doing their job, they allowed one man who was blackout drunk 10 mins previously, to completely take charge of the situation... to such a degree that they felt the need to shoot at him 3 times while he was running away and kill him! (while he was wielding a fiersome piece of plastic)

The drunk man is far from blameless in this... but these cops showed themselves to be way below the standard you should expect from professional law enforcement. You would expect this level of incompetence from a part-time door security guard, not professional law enforcement who are trusted to carry deadly weapons! Embarrassing...

Have you watched the 40 minute plus video or just selected clips that suit you?

Or are you just going by what someone posted online?

Where did link anyone to an Irish news media source?

Journalist can make mistakes, especially these days of needing o get it online first.

It was ITT pages back.

Jesus I thought even a low IQ reader knew my post was a hypothetical. Maybe crawl out of my ass with your “how dare you discuss hypotheticals” charge

When you added in the words 'my hole' at the end of it, it stopped being hypothetical. You insinuated that the cops wouldn't have shot him if he was an off-duty cop.

Bold Abdu wrote: »
    Disclosed what? That he kicked him? Where did he kick him? How hard? Why? I don't know and I doubt you know either.

He kicked him. Now we are splitting hairs over a kick? I’m not interested sorry. He kicked a man while he was already down. It’s gross misconduct period.

• Advertisement

You should use the names.

Who is the "other cop"?

The other cop is the other cop that did not murder Rayshard Brooks and witnessed it happen first hand.

How far do you think he would have got? 30 minutes earlier he was asleep at the wheel of his car. And even if he did manage to to get away, it probably wouldn't be that long before he was picked up. It's not like the police had no idea who he was or where he lived.

In any case, is it really beyond the realms of reality that Rolfe could run after him, instead of simply whipping out his pop gun and blasting at a guy he was arresting for a mickey mouse DUI charge?

Seriously, you are off the chain with your guff. If it's not lambasting the cops for not employing trick shot skills, now apparently the DWI charge is mickey mouse? Passed out in the drive thru of Wendys, fails a sobriety skill test and breathalyzer, and you want the cops to just let him toddle off.

I said his shots hit the car. Sorry let me be clearer for you :rolleyes: his shotS hit the man in the back, and the car, with several passengers inside.

You should be sorry because that kind of half arse thing least nothing but misunderstanding and ignorance.

Shots hitting a car implies the Rolffe was spraying the scene with bullets.

Funny how people make excuses for the violent offender and demand facts but have no issue with posting inaccurate statements about the police.

When you added in the words 'my hole' at the end of it, it stopped being hypothetical.

Wow so I’m not allowed to include or express a ****ing opinion now? You’re bright and you know it’s opinion. Crawl out of my asshole it’s dark up there.

You have posted inaccuracies in the recent past.

It is not unreasonable to doubt you are prone to wild flights of fancy.

Wow so I’m not allowed to include or express a ****ing opinion now? You’re bright and you know it’s opinion. Crawl out of my asshole it’s dark up there.

We are both offering opinions.

We just happen to disagree.

Seriously, you are off the chain with your guff. If it's not lambasting the cops for not employing trick shot skills, now apparently the DWI charge is mickey mouse? Passed out in the drive thru of Wendys, fails a sobriety skill test and breathalyzer, and you want the cops to just let him toddle off.

Sure let’s pop a cap in everyone who DWIs and skip the justice system. More efficient no?

I've shown that they are. German police do it.

They do in their hole. You produced exactly zero examples of it occurring; choosing rather to spew some volume of nonsense.

You should be sorry because that kind of half arse thing least nothing but misunderstanding and ignorance.

Shots hitting a car implies the Rolffe was spraying the scene with bullets.

Funny how people make excuses for the violent offender and demand facts but have no issue with posting inaccurate statements about the police.
    Im sorry you misunderstood but that’s not my problem, and I’ve already clarified, so I don’t know what else you want. He shot a car with passengers in it. “Protect and serve”

• Advertisement

The other cop is the other cop that did not murder Rayshard Brooks and witnessed it happen first hand.

So you are saying then the you have not watched the 40 minute video from Brosnan's body cam ?

And you have seen the footage from Rolffe's camera? I was not aware that that was released as I thought it was evidence in the case.

Have you bothered to learn the cops names?

Advertisement